Wedding Bells for Dr. Anomaly

Dr. Anomaly

Wedding bells for Dr. Anomaly! (For the character, not for me, the player/poster!)

Dr. Anomaly and Enigma of the Millennium Knights were married in their civilian IDs of Dr. Solomon Kinkaid and Dr. Kathleen Hawkins, and are now en route to a specially-reserved spot on Sanctuary for their honeymoon.

:celebrate

(I didn't know where else to put this kind of announcement, so I figured here was as good as any, right?)

Re: Wedding Bells for Dr. Anomaly

Congrats to the happy couple!

Any unusual events happen during the ceremony? Ring accidentally get shunted into a parallel dimension? Any Bridesmaids suddenly manifest new mutant powers due to all the heightend emotional activity? Morningstar, Gargantua, Stormfront, Fenris, Mirage & Ankylosaur show up to scout for desperate singles of the opposite sex?

Thanks all for the well wishes! And actually they eloped in northern Scotland during a visit to Solomon's sister and her husband.

There were no supervillain attacks or anything like that, though:

1) Solomon discovered his sister is the superhero Will O' Wisp

2) Rebecca discovered that Solomon is Dr. Anomaly

3) A psychic informed the tabloid press of where & when Dr. Kinkaid would be married, so there were tabloid photographers on hand. (Dr. Kinkaid is a flaky, New-Age scientist billionaire, so this isn't surprising.)

4) Three gods of the Egyptian pantheon showed up, "undercover", to wish the couple well. (Kathleen's associated with the pantheon...most of her multiforms are based on an Egyptian deity or other...and Solomon recently accepted an offer from Isis to become a sorceror-priest of hers. The other one that showed up -- briefly, before Ra kicked him out -- was Set; he was there to gloat for having set up the circumstances in the first place that led to Solomon and Kathleen realizing there was a chance for them to be together.)

So, other than that...no, nothing unusual at all! :D

Two Words "Villainy Amok"

There'll be two opportunities for stuff like that later...in two weeks, when Dr. Solomon Kinkaid and Dr. Kathleen Kinkaid hold their formal reception in Millennium City (and since Dr. Kinkaid sponsors the Millennium Knights, there will be members of the Knights there, so a supervillain drop-in is almost inevitable!) and then again in about six months or so, when they'll get married again in their supehero IDs. That will be at a church in Germany, and various friends, allies, and so on from the metahuman community will be invited to attend. Again, the mind boggles at the sorts of things that might happen there, at a known, announced, and pre-planned superhero wedding...! :D

Nice going, Doctor!

When I first read the title of the thread, I feared that this had something to do with your recent depression. :o

No, no...the two are entirely seperate. In fact, given how good Solomon is feeling about things, rather the opposite is true. :thumbup:

Congrats to your roleplaying character' date=' then. Do tell us if it changes the dynamic of your game at all. Should be interesting. ^ v ^[/quote']

Well, the dynamic has already changed, and I mean it did that before the wedding...about the time that Solomon realized there was a possibility of a relationship with Kathleen, and Kathleen realized there was a possibility she could still live a mostly normal life and not be just a "back-burner source of information" for the Scarab entities (her multiforms). Solomon is aware of how things have changed, and can't help but feel it's in a good way...but then again, he's biased! :D

And to think...all it took to bring this about was the spectacular failure of the first test of a new device, getting shunted to a parallel world where Dr. Destroyer had taken over and the Millennium Knights were part of the resistance, accidentally bringing a horde of shadow demons back upon returning, and subsequently almost getting personality-consumed by one as it waged a gradual war of mental take-over without Dr. Anomaly even being aware of what was going on!

After all, isn't that the way everyone meets the perfect person and falls in love with them? :love:

The mind boggles. Where's the bridal registry? :D

I'm told by a reliable source you can take that up with Hathor (Egyptian goddess of "sex, drugs, and rock & roll") in the Nile Valley in the area near the Great Pyramid (said area having been recently turned into a lush paradise again at least in part due to the Millennium Knights using the Great Pyramid as a mystical energy sink to drain off an enormous amount of energy from Ares [the real Greek god] while preventing him from carrying out his last major plot. This revitalization of the area [and the Egyptian pantheon] has put the team in the good graces of a large number of the Egyptian deities.)

Silhouette, who's attending Ravenswood, sends her congratulations and best wishes to the doctors.

Maybe she'll try to crash the wedding. :D

Well, Solomon & Kathleen's wedding is a "done deal", and there's no reason for the metanormal community to have taken particular note of it, but the one at the church in Germany, in about six months, when Dr. Anomaly and Enigma get married, will be known about through the metahuman grapevine, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if a few "gatecrashers" showed up! ;)

Yay! Tell us what you get for wedding presents!

Since this wedding was in their secret IDs, the wedding presents wouldn't be anything spectacular (except perhaps from a few Egyptian gods, who know the truth). It'll be interesting to see what gets given to Dr. Anomaly and Enigma when they get married in about six months or so.

(Dr. Anomaly and Enigma are going to get married, even though they now are married in their secret IDs, because when discussing how this was going to change things they agreed that it wouldn't be possible to hide the way they react to each other [when the other's in danger, etc.] on the field of action, so it would be best for their costumed IDs to get married, too...but they're waiting a few months for that so there's no immediate & obvious connection between Solomon and Kathleen getting married and Dr. Anomaly and Enigma getting married. :) )

Well' date=' the dynamic [i']has[/i] already changed, and I mean it did that before the wedding...about the time that Solomon realized there was a possibility of a relationship with Kathleen, and Kathleen realized there was a possibility she could still live a mostly normal life and not be just a "back-burner source of information" for the Scarab entities (her multiforms). Solomon is aware of how things have changed, and can't help but feel it's in a good way...but then again, he's biased! :D

And to think...all it took to bring this about was the spectacular failure of the first test of a new device, getting shunted to a parallel world where Dr. Destroyer had taken over and the Millennium Knights were part of the resistance, accidentally bringing a horde of shadow demons back upon returning, and subsequently almost getting personality-consumed by one as it waged a gradual war of mental take-over without Dr. Anomaly even being aware of what was going on!

After all, isn't that the way everyone meets the perfect person and falls in love with them? :love:

That's basically how one of my character's met the love of her life....

Well' date=' the dynamic [i']has[/i] already changed, and I mean it did that before the wedding...about the time that Solomon realized there was a possibility of a relationship with Kathleen, and Kathleen realized there was a possibility she could still live a mostly normal life and not be just a "back-burner source of information" for the Scarab entities (her multiforms). Solomon is aware of how things have changed, and can't help but feel it's in a good way...but then again, he's biased! :D

Well, yeah, it's usually about that complicated and confusing, IME. Ask Josh about how we met sometime. :D

He's still concocting the "what we tell the kids" story.

Wedding bells for Dr. Anomaly! (For the character, not for me, the player/poster!)

Dr. Anomaly and Enigma of the Millennium Knights were married in their civilian IDs of Dr. Solomon Kinkaid and Dr. Kathleen Hawkins, and are now en route to a specially-reserved spot on Sanctuary for their honeymoon.

:celebrate

(I didn't know where else to put this kind of announcement, so I figured here was as good as any, right?)

I hate to be a downer... but that sounds like a death sentence for Kathleen. :sneaky:

Let's hope your GM isn't as nasty as I. :eg:

I hate to be a downer... but that sounds like a death sentence for Kathleen. :sneaky:

Let's hope your GM isn't as nasty as I. :eg:

Well, since Kathleen is a fellow PC, I certainly hope not! :shock:

(This is the 3rd time in 25 years of gaming I've had a character get married, and haven't had a spouse killed yet. Of course, in the case of the first character to get married, his spouse-to-be killed him [which is what led to their getting engaged in the first place, after he was revived, though she killed him a second time while he was convolescing after the first time] and in the case of the second character, he got married under the influence of a love potion -- and didn't bother to tell his wife after it was broken, because he'd fallen in love with her for real in the mean time...though he had to leave her to tend the home fires soon after...off to save the world and all that. He misses her terribly.)