The things I learned playing a ninja!

Adventus

Re: The things I learned playing a ninja!

Never make the mistake of thinking you can whip a pure martial artist in a "fair" fight - He'll hand you your head.

Unless you are also a pure martial artist, in which case stop calling yourself a ninja.

(I'm talking to you Seeeker)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who sneak through the darkest shadows of unlit alleys are noticed. People who walk casually down sidestreets aren't.

IOW, acting like it's OK for you to be where you are is the best way to be treated like it's OK for you to be there.

Only dress in the black pyjamas for the tourists.

This is the other part of the above rule: dress like you're supposed to be where you are, and people will assume you should be there.

In short, Disguise, Acting, Mimicry, and chutzpa are the ninja's best friends. Especially lots of chutzpa.

People who sneak through the darkest shadows of unlit alleys are noticed. People who walk casually down sidestreets aren't.

IOW, acting like it's OK for you to be where you are is the best way to be treated like it's OK for you to be there.

This is the other part of the above rule: dress like you're supposed to be where you are, and people will assume you should be there.

In short, Disguise, Acting, Mimicry, and chutzpa are the ninja's best friends. Especially lots of chutzpa.

Soo...the perfect example of a Ninja is Bugs Bunny?.....

:lol:

No, cause Bugs NEVER acted like he was supposed to be wherever he was (unless it was funny). He acted like "supposed to" didn't apply to him.

IOW, lots of chutzpa, but none of the rest of it. ;)

Exactly. You'd never suspect him of being a Ninja. That makes him a perfect Ninja.

Lucius Alexander

Even the palindromedary never suspected, until....

Exactly. You'd never suspect him of being a Ninja. That makes him a perfect Ninja.

Lucius Alexander

Even the palindromedary never suspected, until....

Then again, no-one suspected the palindromedary is a ninja...

Don't keep any weapons or ninja gear in your actual residence. Your home will be filled with enough "normal" things to improvise weapons with, should you need to, and you don't need to worry about getting searched.

• 2 weeks later...

...only ninja posers wear pajamas and a scarf on their head. Its a dead giveaway.

A silk teddy and high heels makes for a positive distraction when you are a female ninja, it acts almost like invisibility for a male ninja because people tend to look away as fast as possible, sometimes breaking their own necks to avoid this sight, and the resulting vomiting from those not instantly killed distracts them so that you may do your job. Everyone just prefers not to see you. :sick:

Hiding in the meat section at the grocery store really really sticks to your clothes. :stupid:

When security is high, everybody thinks vents and air ducts... but this never works, because EVERYONE thinks vents and air ducts. Hardly anyone thinks of balloon animals as lethal. :think:

The biggest no-no in scaling buildings is doing it nude, no matter how much of a bonus you get for being unhindered. Especially those glass buildings, where one becomes a squeegee. :idjit:

True ninjas don't take Honorable as a disadvantage. A true ninja's favorite target is one who is sleeping' date=' and deaf, and has their back turned.[/quote']

Nay, a true ninja's target is whoever he's told it is. :ugly:

• 3 weeks later...

Beware the inverse ninja rule!

The inverse ninja rule is as follows:

The total battle power of a ninja or team of ninjas on a side is constant.

The more ninjas you have per side, the weaker each individual ninja is. Since perfect teamwork is impossible, this means that, in general, the side with the fewer ninjas will prevail.

Behold the following example:

Entire Foot Clan < The 4 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles < The (lone) Shredder