Character Curveballs

AdamLeisemann

Re: Character Curveballs

I threatend to, but never actually made, the half mule, half owl named DonkeyHootie, The Mammal of La Mancha. Natually his enemies would be some kind of windmill or giant, or windmill/giant hybrid. I expect he'd do some jousting, and could probably be summoned by use of the phrase, "When Donkeys fly!"

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

probably the oddest characters i ever created where

the strange defenders all based on the mangled remnants of the names of the marvel comics team the defenders.

the oddest of the lot was probably Sub surfer

Sub surfer

It all began as an advertising campaign for a certain deli based fast food chain that commissioned an inventor to develop an 8-foot flying hoagie.

The company hired a world-class surfer and amateur martial artist to ride it in various parades and major sporting events. One of these events was attacked by a super villain team.

the sub surfer heroically used his flying grinder to rescue civilians and harass the villains until the local; super team arrived they where so impressed by the sub surfers heroics they asked him to join.

now with the help of the inventor who created his ponyboy he fight crime equipped with a range of deli themed gadgets his meat ball bombs and pickle shurikens are much feared by criminals.

think combination flying energy projector and martial artist

Here's another one, also not animal related.

Helped a friend write it up for a higher powered game set in the 50's...

Jedediah "Jed" Smith, aka Farmer Dead.

He's the ghost of a Puritan Farmer.

His powers revolve around being dead, aside from his Ghostly Pitchfork which unless he spends END to suppress his Desolid and Invis ( 15 End a round ), he can't use except on other ghosts.

His ghostly powers however do include Possession, and a small amount of TK Affects Physical.

Farmer Dead

Sounds like a fairly standard Beyond The Supernatural villain to me...:eg:

Crossposted

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1005536&highlight=funny#post1005536

Can Opener.

The Defense Department contract specified the development and delivery of a prototype improved Combat Can Opener. With cost overruns, a billion dollars had been spent before the first prototype was even delivered. That's when the GAO and some members of Congress got wind of the project and cancelled it before it could waste any more of taxpayer's money.

Professor Wreckloose was furious. Not just because his funds were cut off just as he was, in fact, ready to unveil his prototype, but at the implication that it wasn't worth every penny that had been spent creating it.

For what Wreckloose had invented was a nigh- indesctructible, independently mobile, and artificially intelligent device that could open cans - or anything else, up to tanks and bank vaults. And without damaging the contents. And also:

Contained storage space that could be utilized as a refrigerator and/or freezer, OR as a conventional or microwave oven

Had built in sensors that would determine how wholesome food was, or if it had been contaminated by any variety of toxin, radioactivity, or pathogen

Had the sensors and programming to forage for food anywhere on Earth

Was programmed to be both nutritionist and cook, and could concoct a nutritious and appealing meal from whatever ingredients were to hand - even MREs!

With the contract cancelled, the mad (but honest) scientist was left in possession of the prototype. After some final programming, he loosed it on the world.

Can Opener came into the world with, among other things, a compulsion to prove to everyone (especially the American taxpayer) that it really is worth a billion dollars. Its logic circuits considered the question of how best to generate positive publicity, and observed: These people in colorful costumes who run around fighting crime get a LOT of media attention. I'll hang around with them and prove how useful I can be!

Identifying quote (after peeling the armor off a villain in powered armor)

"Container OP-en! Contents SPOILED!"

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary and I are trying to remember other funny heroes....

The Killer Chinchilla

Not mine, my best friends... But I have a copy.

He's a scientist studying genetic somethingoranother who accidentally spliced his own genes with those of a test chinchilla... He has a wicked HKA = Buck Teeth and a very nice coat.

Oh, how could I forget Hulk E. coli = A Petri dish containing a colony of E. coli was accidentally eradiated by Gamma Radiation. The result was a semi-sentient colony of insane E. coli that assumed the shape of a giant green giant to wreak destruction across the land. STR= 100! and no head-shots (though it looked like a head it was just a shape formed by millions of E. coli).

Nearly /all/ my characters would fit into here... to pick just one that's appropriate for a HERO game, there's always DataPacRat from IOU (Illuminati University; you're not cleared to know what the O stands for), a fairly ordinary battlesuit wearer... except, inside his robotic shell, his body was an ordinary rat.

(Eventually, he became the Rat-Mother, goddess to a parallel Earth populated by a few hundred different species of sentient rodents...)

Ok, we are talking PC animals. I have done a few. The strangest and most fun to do was a Humanoid Mouse, Carter K. Mouse but he was still mouse sized. He was a brick, with some really weird other powers. He could make other people into mice. He could create human sized tunnels. Never got to play him.

I once put together a hero for a villain campaign I was running that was essentially a psionic Nermal (from Garfield). It's main power was a large autofire Ego blast that would typically take down the group's brick (whom Nermal was created to be the nemesis of) in a couple seconds. Very amusing' date=' actually.[/quote']

Out of curiosity, I now must ask . . . what is the value of a Limitation for "can only affect single individual in the world"?

It would make for an interesting Nemesis power - buy it as Partially Limited, by taking an additional several levels of the power as "Only against my Arch-Nemesis!".

Out of curiosity, I now must ask . . . what is the value of a Limitation for "can only affect single individual in the world"?

It would make for an interesting Nemesis power - buy it as Partially Limited, by taking an additional several levels of the power as "Only against my Arch-Nemesis!".

According to Limited Power, it would be a -2 limitation.

...anyways...

On the subject of animal PCs... I'm currently running Dinosaur, a mutated American Alligator who could take on charateristics of, what else, dinosaurs. (Theyre labeling him as a brick, although he is really a metamorph.) The sheet isn't the exact sheet that I submitted in final; he made some minor modifications that don't make a lot of sense in context. (He was built from a rough idea of what an aligator would be, then built up from there. )

They stole my idea! :mad::ugly:

On the human animal note, I created a psionic parrot for TMNT the stayed in full animal form. I'm still looking for a good excuse to recreate him.

I think everybody who played TMNT eventually created a mutant animal that looked just like the normal thing but possessed psionic power. I even played a TMNT dog in Rifts, and tried to organise an uprising among the dog-boy population. Then again, I played a Chihuahua (sp?) Dog-boy Crazy, ala conversion book one, called Caesar, who thought it was his destiny to lead his people out of bondage. And I played a renegade dog-boy wilderness scout who was trying to recruit dog-boys for an armed insurection in the hills of West Virginia (where else?).

Hmm. I see a pattern here...:P