Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Originally posted by Pattern Ghost

Ever see an anime called Locke, the Super Power? That was one bad little esper.

When Eric originally suggested the character to me, he was basing it on "Locke the Super Man"

I've never seen the Anime... but from what I understand, the RDU Locke has gone in a very different direction than the anime Locke. (I'm really not a fan of allowing players to "ripoff" character whole heartedly. I challenge them to make something new out of an established concept, and I think Eric did, here.)

Our Locke has died and been reborn a number of times... this last time in a truly different configuration. One the top three most power Psi's in the world. Very dangerous... and definitely heading toward cosmic. ;)

Originally posted by Evil Toki

It is definitely a cool character design... I like it Storn.. any chance we will see more Iconic characters from the RDU?

Yes. I have an idea for a makeover for my longest running character. And I have James's character inked, but not scanned or colored yet.

As for Bill's iconic character Thermal... you might recognize this:

This iconic Champions character was sorta "dad". "Dad" has been usurped, replaced, as is custom. So, if you download the sucker, you can see I've drawn this character a couple of times (FReD? and CKC)

Originally posted by RDU Neil

Holy Crap, Storn. That is awesome.

I'd think James would plotz when he sees this.

Fun, fun. I spend a day outside, gardening and raking, and get rewarded with great pictures for the game.

Again... totally rockin', Storn.:D

THANKS NEIL!!! High praise coming from you... all jadey and such.

Originally posted by Enforcer84

Chango looks tres cool.

Actually, he strikes me as a "master" version of Street Fighter II Turbo's Dee Jay.

I'm a big fan of the Street Fighter games, so I can't deny that Dee Jay didn't come to mind when I was thinking of a costume for Chango.

Actually, I originally wasn't going to have him wear any sort of costume, but in the first game I had him show up in these clothes and they helped define the character, so the outfit stuck around.

something a bit different from most superhero portraits. This is my longest running character (the guy in the middle). He has been in the superhero biz for over 10 years of his life. I realize I had to update his portrait and put some gray in his hair and some lines on his face!

Since this is my main character, I can wax poetic a bit here!

From left to right, Hope, Max and Karen St. Clair. Max is better known as Vector and is a telekinetic. Karen is better known as Oracle and is a Precog and Mentalist and used to be a member of Sentinels of the North (Canada's superteam). She is actually a published character (Champions of the North, 4th ed Hero) who Max fell head over heels for.

Hope was born Jan 1st, 2000 (to steal a page from Jenny Sparks... the good borrow, Genius steals!). Game time is about 2 or 1 and 1/2 years behind our own.

The t-shirt is an homage to one of the superteams, the Mavericks, Vector help create. Mavericks are NYC's premier team now, lead by Wildheart... hence the little heart symbol... auntie Megan is so nice!

Vector's armor is important element of RDU, made of Crystaltech and responds to his telekinesis.

Thanks to RDU Neil for allowing me to bring this complex character so far!

I recently asked Storn, via PM, about the flying woman that appears in both Champions U and Millenium City. The one with the cape, gauntlets, and light colored hair. He said "..."

He no-know. :) So, he suggested that I post in this thread and ask the assembled Herodom what they thought of the look of this character and any suggestions for her abilities or usage.

He also mentioned that his GM was using her as a re-tooled updated design for Doc Sonic of the Protectors, but I don't feel that she's geeky enough for Doc S, myself.

I was thinking, with the oddly stlyed bodysuit, how it seems to shimmer, maybe a solar-powered brick? Not enough female flying bricks, IMO.

What are yer ideas?

I definitely WAS going to use her as an updated Doc Sonic... but then I saw the actual updated picture, and figured I'd keep her as she was.

I recently introduced the character as a "mystery woman" who was involved with a recent adventure in California. She didn't give her name... but I know who she'll be in my mind. I have an idea of introducing her over time, hoping the PCs will be interested in finding out more about her.

We'll see if it works.

Originally posted by Knightraven

Oh, and she's totally HAWT! :P

Seconded. SHe reminds me of my wife.

Like I told Storn, I saw her as a "supergirl" type with gravity based powers and some tech knowledge (the Visor for senses and communications, the guantlets to help her focus her powers to leave the realm of "personal Gravatic Enhancement")

Originally posted by Pattern Ghost

Cool. That means I'm not the only one to have seen that anime. =) This version of Locke looks very cool.

It's been a VERY long time since I saw the anime, and I only ever saw it in Japanese so I have no idea what it was about, really. =) I just remember liking the name and the image, and the level of psychic powers. When I created my character, Neil asked me to focus more on the mental powers, and less on the TK, as Storn already had a major PC with that focus (who was, in fact, the "boss" of the superteam, although he was essentially retired). I understood, and shifted things. When Storn took a hiatus from the game, I was presented with an opportunity to reconfigure some powers, so I started working with Psychokineses as well as Telepathy effects.

Storn is back in the game, and again, I am presented with another opportunity to change powers. Funny how that works...

All in all, this has been one of my favourite characters to ever play, and certainly one of my longest (6 or 7 years now). Through real, honest roleplaying, the character has grown so much. He started out essentially a punk kid, almost a villain, really (he was designed to be a psychic assassin of some kind, and when he escaped, used his powers with no thought as to the consequences), and now has gone so far as to sacrifice himself to save the world (threw down with Menton, and kicked his butt, at the cost of his own life - boosted with 300 points (bringing him to around 850), with a MAJOR side effect - death).

Originally posted by Knightraven

I recently asked Storn, via PM, about the flying woman that appears in both Champions U and Millenium City. The one with the cape, gauntlets, and light colored hair. He said "..."

He no-know. :) So, he suggested that I post in this thread and ask the assembled Herodom what they thought of the look of this character and any suggestions for her abilities or usage.

He also mentioned that his GM was using her as a re-tooled updated design for Doc Sonic of the Protectors, but I don't feel that she's geeky enough for Doc S, myself.

I was thinking, with the oddly stlyed bodysuit, how it seems to shimmer, maybe a solar-powered brick? Not enough female flying bricks, IMO.

What are yer ideas?

Could someone post the pic of who this woman is? I don't yet have the funds for either book yet.

Originally posted by Enforcer84

Storn reads minds.

Heh. Hardly. Besides, would you want to read the minds of a bunch of gamers? I know that I don't want to...

anyway, in a few hours from this posting, the further chronicles of UNTIL Black Ops will be posted in the green ronin thread of mine. So those who are interested can check it out.

Enclosed is "Veer". A clone of my main character Vector. Vector is a full blown teke, Veer can only shape force fields. Veer was activated just a few years ago when a huge lab of Malachite's smashed into a Congo (actually Rwanda, but the border is in dispute) mountain side. Veer is a leader of a bunch of Malachite genetic experiments, trying to hide in the thick terrain of that area. The Black Ops Team met Veer last night. It was interesting playing a character based upon one of my characters, but I knew he was different...