Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Originally posted by Pattern Ghost

You just don't know the right gamers. :P

Not misogynistic, really, just trying to get a rise out of you. You do argue from a feminine perspective, and frequently, yet you also take a highly logical approach at other times.

Well that is because I am an XNXP. My T and F are always in constant battle to see who will be dominant. :)

Originally posted by Monolith

Well that is because I am an XNXP. My T and F are always in constant battle to see who will be dominant. :)

I'm an INXJ! My T and F are usually either tied or just shy of each other. Of course, a lot of that test depends on your current mood and externalities, so it does vary. Sometimes my I flipflops to an E too.

The big question is if your X or Y is dominant (or present, I suppose, genetics and personality typing don't really make for good analogies...)

Another board I'm on had a pretty long discussion on writing from the POV of the opposite sex, so these kinds of things were coming up lately, and it got me thinking. It was one of those "should I or shouldn't I?" type questions. I think the consensus was not to worry about it much, b/c most of the time you can't tell the sex of, say, a first person narrator, regardless of whether it matches the writer's without obvious clues. Etc., etc. Don't want to drag that whole discussion in here.

I'm an INXJ! My T and F are usually either tied or just shy of each other. Of course, a lot of that test depends on your current mood and externalities, so it does vary. Sometimes my I flipflops to an E too.

I think the P aspect of my nature tends to drive me more toward extremes when dealing with my T and F then people who are Js. It could also be that I am a plain T who becomes an F when my inferior function kicks in. I have taken the test a half of dozen different times though and I has always come out an X.

Now that we have bored everyone else. :)

I've not taken an "official" test. But there is a pretty consistant online test. I've taken it maybe a half dozen times over several years. Of course, the drawback to those tests is the "WTF?" factor of some of the choices. Sometimes, you just don't care about either option enough to choose one over the other.

I've not taken an "official" test. But there is a pretty consistant online test. I've taken it maybe a half dozen times over several years. Of course, the drawback to those tests is the "WTF?" factor of some of the choices. Sometimes, you just don't care about either option enough to choose one over the other.

I have not tried the online test. I was given the test the first time while in high school and a second while I was in college. I have since taken it 3-4 more times hoping the results were wrong. No such luck. :)

You are right about some of the choices but the tests given by many universities are much better than anything you will find online. I think you can even buy them from universities now.

I have had a chance to eat something and get my blood sugar levels back up now, so I apologize to everyone for being "bitchy" and derailing your tread. My feelings about what Storn did have not changed, but I should not have responded to all the comeback, which in-turn only prolonged the negativity. So I will withdraw and leave you all to your art. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a much beloved character in Neil's RDU champions game, Speedball, played by Geoff. Geoff has moved to NYC and doesn't get to play often, but came back to Ann Arbor this weekend for a visit, where we did managed to fit in a great game of the Mavericks. Neil, nice guy that he is, commissioned this pic for Geoff.

What is the current turn around from when you get a character to finished product ? ie what are you working on now that would delay the character. Assume no background.

How large an attachment is too large if we are sending pics to say 'please base it on this character' ? ie I am assuming anything over 10 Mb definitely is but probably anything over 5 Mb as well in total for several pics.

Originally posted by death tribble

What is the current turn around from when you get a character to finished product ? ie what are you working on now that would delay the character. Assume no background.

How large an attachment is too large if we are sending pics to say 'please base it on this character' ? ie I am assuming anything over 10 Mb definitely is but probably anything over 5 Mb as well in total for several pics.

My current turnaround? Hmmm... I have two commissions in my "to do" list. Probably about 2 weeks at this point (Commissions have to be fit in around publisher's jobs too and I have a decent workload of those as well).

As far as how large reference pics? Uh, all I need is 72 dpi... I don't need printable, high resolution pics. Just shrink the stuff down. I think MS Paint can even do that (not sure about that claim, I've been using Photoshop forever now).

Originally posted by Nato

I think someone may be sued by Bitmap Bros for trademark viloation. http://www.bitmap-brothers.co.uk/downloads/images/speedball/index.htm

;)

Cool pic.

Nato, Speedball pens would certainly have a higher profile name.

No, Speedball comes his name the real HARD way. The character was a Heroin Junkie and stumbled on some, bad -a$$ formula that transformed him into the speedster he is today. But it took him quite some time to kick the heroin habit.

All the Mavericks have a pretty hard road to redemption that they've been walking, my character was ex-viper assassin.

Often when I'm playing in the long running Champions game, I have my sketch book and I doodle. I'm actually quite good at paying attention and doodling, so my GM is quite lenient.

I scanned a bunch of these in today. Some are from this week, some are from about 8 months ago.

I don't have any preset notions when i do these folks, they are generic superhero/villain archtypes. Often, my GM will make characters out of them. These are a pencils sketches...and let me emphasis... these are doodles. I'm actually doing something else while I'm doing these. So don't hammer me over the head over anatomy or perspective... they are just silly sketches.

Maybe some of you can get some use outta these for your games....

This first one I called Neutron II. There is a published character called Neutron in the Champions Universe and this one sorta reminds me of him. Maybe its his long lost twin brother or something....

Ok, this guy is a totally weirdo. I must have had my circle template that day. I have no idea why he has a "Y" on his chest. The only thing I could think of to name the scan file was "Yonder". What a dumb code name. Yup, he might be one of those super villains whose sole purpose in life is to just get the snot beat out of him because he is simply an enormous doofus.

...and no... I'm not on crack.

You know Storn you make me mad ;)

I wish I could "doodle" even a tenth of your "doodle quality".

Heck I wish my "finished" drawings were a tenth of your doodles...

Oh well, keep 'em coming, and I don't care what anyone says your work is always most excellent. Yes, even your "doodles".

Oh, I keep meaning to ask, what part of Southfield are you from?