Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

hey, Storn, a question, you know to further hijack your thread.

How did you make your new signature?

..that sounds really stupid when I type it. "looks" stupid, I guess.

I like it a lot and I've recently (you'd experiment too if you had to sign 150 birthday cards) found a signature I like and would like start using on my meager Artistic endeavors.

Just curious.

• 2 weeks later...

Enforcer, I just use a font called Coventry Garden, its a downloaded font, just do a search for it.

Hey folks, been awhile.

For Death Tribble, here is his Silver Swan

SilverSwanloRes.jpg

For MessK's Rifts game, here is Thorn.

ThornloRes.jpg

And from my own, just-brand-newly-started campaign, Spirit of Sharn, here are the PC Redcloaks. A quickie doodle at the Tburg Gimmie Coffee. We are using the Spirit of the Century/ FATE engine to run the Eberron campaign. An actual play of our first (and hopefully more) session is here: http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=318449

RedCloakssk.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/

Heya, Storn. It's been awhile since I've perused your thread (well, any threads, actually), but I wanted to say "good work as usual". This was one of only a handful of threads that I actually missed during my "away time".

By the way, how's yer schedule lookin'? Also, since I have in mind a character that's kinda difficult even for me to describe, do you do "quick sketch" ideas prior to full commissions? I'm leery of either of us trying to get this right the first time, but I'm also eager to get a pic made (not in a hurry, mind you, just eager).

Thanks in advance, kind sir!

Enforcer, I just use a font called Coventry Garden, its a downloaded font, just do a search for it.

Hey folks, been awhile.

For Death Tribble, here is his Silver Swan

For MessK's Rifts game, here is Thorn.

And from my own, just-brand-newly-started campaign, Spirit of Sharn, here are the PC Redcloaks. A quickie doodle at the Tburg Gimmie Coffee. We are using the Spirit of the Century/ FATE engine to run the Eberron campaign. An actual play of our first (and hopefully more) session is here: http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=318449

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

*art snipped for bandwidth reasons*

Thanks Storn! For the art and the answers

Storn, I was wondering if you had the ability to do something like this:

I know in your blog you were posting up pics of your working through a painting, but it would be neat to see you do an electronic painting this way.

It is 3 hours of work condensed to a 6 minute video pretty cool.

Storn, I was wondering if you had the ability to do something like this:

I know in your blog you were posting up pics of your working through a painting, but it would be neat to see you do an electronic painting this way.

It is 3 hours of work condensed to a 6 minute video pretty cool.

yeah. I've seen similar things to that. Beyond my computer technical acumen, I'm afraid.

As my schedule turns back to geting to the pile of character concepts... I get to share some of the ones I've done over the last few days.

This guy has seen too much, and the bottle is grafted to his hand...

WhiskeyPriestloRes.jpg

Because we need more mystical cyborg/androids...

FinnloRes.jpg

Gunfighter-esque cleric.

Urolka72.jpg

Hey' date=' Storn, are you, by any chance, ever the guest host of a gaming podcast?[/quote']

I do have the honor. Which I mean very sincerely, as I've become fast friends with these folks.

I *think* guest host is not very accurate, as I've been on the last, oh, 10-12 eps of the last 14-15. I don't have an exact count, i could go and count them, but eh- lazy. And I will be on the next one, as I were are just discussing topics.

I got promoted to *special* correspondent.

The podcast, dear Herophiles?

SONS OF KRYOS!!!!

http://www.sonsofkryos.com/

Kryos was the name of a dragon that hung over the door of the Ithaca gaming store. Before I got back to my home town. btw.

And I was a listener to SoK before I moved back to my home-town. Now I'm a contributor.... which is pretty freakin' awesome!!!

I do have the honor.

Kryos was the name of a dragon that hung over the door of the Ithaca gaming store. Before I got back to my home town. btw.

And I was a listener to SoK before I moved back to my home-town. Now I'm a contributor.... which is pretty freakin' awesome!!!

I was wondering where the name came from! SoK is a must-listen for me these days, and I've enjoyed your guest spots.