Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Muse from the Pinnacle forums did for her husband for their RunePunk game. Here is Nicodamus.

Link to that AP is here:

http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13216

The art:

Nicodemus72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/

I already posted a comment, but there appears to be something wrong with the Forums.

So once again. Totally cool Storn

QM

AFAICT, there isn't a problem with the Forums. You posted a comment for that picture... in a different thread:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1321031&postcount=652

:)

Very nice. I know Knockout' date=' but what's her highly armed buddy's name?[/quote']

From the M&M boards, written by the patron:

Their Fleet Admiral Gregory “Phoenix” Westner (ret.) and Cmdr Sonya “Archangel” Blade (ret.) two of my characters for my M&M campaign set in the future. They are part of the founding members of Team Deepstrike, a group of individuals dedicated to dealing with extradimensional threats. Storn drew for me a ‘snapshot’ of the raid the two of them pulled off on a secret enemy base.

-Reddof

I tried to find the answer - as I think it's in this thread somewhere, but there's a lot of pages.

The Supherheroine that appears about half a dozen times or so in Millennium City, with the visor, bodysuit, the one of p22. She got a name and a write-up somewhere? She looks pretty cool - that visor makes the outfit.

I tried to find the answer - as I think it's in this thread somewhere, but there's a lot of pages.

The Supherheroine that appears about half a dozen times or so in Millennium City, with the visor, bodysuit, the one of p22. She got a name and a write-up somewhere? She looks pretty cool - that visor makes the outfit.

Take a look here.

Here's Enforcer84's writeup, if you can decode the HTML.

Actually, I got curious and decoded the HTML myself. Here is Enforcer84's writeup of "Millennium City Flying Girl":

Morningstar

Danika Petrovic, Danni Perry

Val Char Cost

50 STR 40

23 DEX 39

25 CON 30

12 BODY 4

20 INT 10

12 EGO 4

20 PRE 10

18 COM 4

25 PD 15

25 ED 20

5 SPD 17

15 REC 0

50 END 0

50 STUN 0

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

10" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 193

Cost Power END

13 Gravitic Manipulation: Elemental Control, 40-point powers, all slots: (20 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost 2x END (-1/2)

13 1) Gravitic Blast: Energy Blast 8d6 (vs. ED) (40 Active Points) 8

14 2) Inprecise Gravitic Manipulation: Telekinesis (30 STR) (45 Active Points); Affects Whole Object (-1/4) 8

14 3) Gravity Field : Change Environment 8" radius, -8 to STR Roll (41 Active Points) 8

13 4) Slower Movement: Flight 5", Ranged (+1/2), Usable As Attack (x16 Number of Targets +2) (35 Active Points) 6

13 5) Graviton Maniplation: Flight 20" (40 Active Points) 8

33 Gravitic Control Enhancers: Buy off 2x End on EC: Gravity Manipulation (41 Active Points); IIF (Focus - Microcircuitry in Costume; -1/4) 4

Multioptic Visor, all slots: OAF (-1)

2 1) Thermal Vision: Infrared Perception (5 Active Points)

5 2) Magnification Vision: Microscopic x100 (Sight Group) (10 Active Points)

2 3) Light Amplification: Nightvision (5 Active Points)

4 4) Telscopic Vision: Telescopic +5 to PER Rolls (only to offset the Range Modifier) (Hearing Group), Sight Sene Group (+0) (8 Active Points)

1 5) Range Finder: Absolute Range Sense (3 Active Points)

1 6) Onboard Clock: Absolute Time Sense (3 Active Points)

1 7) Gyroscope: Bump Of Direction (3 Active Points)

7 Radio in Guantlet: Radio Perception/Transmission (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

15 Highly Resiliant: Damage Resistance (15 PD/15 ED)

22 Gravity Resistant: Armor (15 PD/15 ED) (45 Active Points); Only Works Against Gravity Based Attacks Very Limited Type of Attack (-1)

22 Personal Atmosphere: Life Support , Safe in High Pressure, Safe in High Radiation, Safe in Intense Cold, Safe in Intense Heat, Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum, Self-Contained Breathing, Usable By Other (x2 Number of Targets +1/2) (28 Active Points); IIF (Focus - Uniform; -1/4)

Powers Cost: 195

Cost Skill

15 +3 with HTH Combat

5 Cramming

3 Deduction 13-

3 Electronics 13-

3 Inventor 13-

3 Mechanics 13-

3 Paramedics 13-

3 Systems Operation 13-

3 Scientist

2 1) SS: Bio-Physics (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 13-

1 2) SS: Genetics (2 Active Points) 11-

2 3) SS: Gravitics (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 13-

2 4) SS: Phyisics (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 13-

Skills Cost: 48

Cost Perk

1 Contact: Champions 8-

2 Contact: Dr. Silverback 11-

11 Vehicles & Bases: Lab/worshop (55 Base, 0 Disad)

Perks Cost: 14

Val Disadvantages

10 Dependent NPC: Dr. Felcicia Perry (Adoptive Mother)/Dr Anton Perry (Adoptive Father) 8- (Normal; Useful noncombat position or skills; Group DNPC: x2 DNPCs)

10 Distinctive Features: Mutant (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)

20 Hunted: Institute for Human Advancement 8- (Mo Pow; Harshly Punish; Extensive Non-Combat Influence)

15 Hunted: Gravitar 8- (Mo Pow; Harshly Punish)

20 Hunted: VIPER 8- (Mo Pow; Harshly Punish; Extensive Non-Combat Influence)

20 Psychological Limitation: Code vs Killing (Common; Total)

10 Psychological Limitation: Mutant Rights Activist (Uncommon; Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Curious and Inquisative (Very Common; Moderate)

10 Reputation: Powerful Young heroine 11-

15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity (Danika Petrovic) (Frequently; Major)

5 Unluck: 1d6

Disadvantage Points: 150

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cost Summary: Base Points:300 Disadvantage Points: 150 Total Experience Available: 0 Total Character Cost: 450

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Height: 5' 6" Hair: Brown

Weight: 140 lbs Eyes: Blue

Appearance: An attractive young woman woman with brown hair and blue eyes. She's young and tends towards moder fashions. Her costume is a white body suit with a blue cape, red circles on her shoulders, and grey high tech bracers over blue gloves. She wears a green visor over her eyes.

Personality: Driven by a need to do good, perhaps to prove her worth as a person to herself. Danni is a protector of life and an incorrigably curious and thoughtful young woman.

Quote:"Perhaps I might be able to lend a hand."

Background: Danika Petrovic's mother died in childbirth. A single mother, she had no family to take care of the newborn, so she was put up for adoption. She was adopted at the age of 2 by Dr's Anton and Felicia Perry, research scientists ont he UMC payroll. Using the name Danni Perry, she went through the Millenium City Public School sytem. Her mutatnt physiology was readily apparent growing up, she was simply stronger and more physical than her classmates. It wasn't until her 16th birthday, however that her ability to control gravity surfaced. Although powerful the abilities were tireing to use, even for someone of Danni's enchanced physical attributes.

After finishing college (at the ripe old age of 20), Danni got a job working for Harmon Industries. In her spare time she developed the microcircuitry laden uniform that would allow her to more easily control her mutant powers. Shortly thereafter she began her career as Morningstar, a new heroine on the MC horizon. She has in her brief career encountered agents of VIPER, the IHA, and on one memorable occasion did battle with Gravitar along side the Champions. Although no-where near as powerful as Gravitar, Morningstar scored the knockout due to her superior strength and natural resistance to gravity based attacks.

Although currently a solo heroine, she works pretty well with others, lending her physical and mental might to problems without being pushy. She is very aware of those who came before her and works hard at being a positive role model for younger supers.

Powers/Tactics: Dani is more comfortable closing into hand to hand combat range and dealing with her opponents on a personal level, she has less control over her gravity powers (save for flight) than she would like and although she practices with them in private, tends to "go with what she knows" in real combat.

Campaign Use: Another heroine to dot the MC skyway. Dani is meant to be more powerful than the average starting character, and if she isn't, then increase her STR to 60, CON to 30 and BODY to 15, Up her Gravity blast to 10 or 12 d6 and raise her Defenses to 30 each. If she's too powerful, drop her STR to 40 and her defenses to 20.

Storn,

Please don't read into this some kind of criticism.

I've noticed that the colour of the kris (that bluey green colour) and the colour of the gems in the pommel (that sky bluey colour) of the last pic tend to be rather prevalent in your images.

Any reason in particular?

I know that certain things (like plate armour and leather) tend to be homogenised in colour, but I was curious because that bluey-green colour is rather unique.

She has no official name. I've always wanted to use her as teh daughter from the future for my main PC. But my GM ended up using her as an evolution of already established character.

Storn,

Please don't read into this some kind of criticism.

I've noticed that the colour of the kris (that bluey green colour) and the colour of the gems in the pommel (that sky bluey colour) of the last pic tend to be rather prevalent in your images.

Any reason in particular?

I know that certain things (like plate armour and leather) tend to be homogenised in colour, but I was curious because that bluey-green colour is rather unique.

I like blue?

The Kris is a Dagger of Water Drake Slaying. Seemed like Sea green blade would point nicely in that direction.

The Sword can summon lightning a couple times a day in the write up. Again, to indicate otherworldliness... blue is an awesome color for that, because it doesn't occur in nature all that often (don't quote blueberries or the sky, this is a comparitive statement to all the grey, greens and browns we see in the natural world).

So, yeah... I was going for unique... as these are items of unique power. Make sense?

Magic is Green!

and from:

http://mage.smgraphics.com/mirth.shtml

The color of Mirth's magic is green, because, as he puts it in the eighth chapter of Mage:

"Magic, itself, is best described as a river. Any user of its water must dip into its swift and restless depths. Its color is then perverted, depending on its use. Green is pure, the river is green. I am green. I am, after all, the World Mage. You see, the river flows through me freely. I don't have to dip into it. I'm its faucet onto this world."

(Wagner, 8:10)

Green is acknowledged to be the color that fairies are associated with. Red is the second most frequented color. Green is the color Mirth's magic. The Umbra Sprite's perversion of that magic changes the color to red.