Just For Fun: Cartoon Network All Star Team Ups

clsage

Re: Just For Fun: Cartoon Network All Star Team Ups

Since we are opening this up to other networks, I'd love to see Samurai Jack finally getting through a portal to bring him closer to his home only to find himself tumbling out of a Chest to look up and see a Ranger, a Thief-Acrobat, a tiny Barbarian, a cowardly Paladin, and a confused Wizard yelling "It's not my fault, Bobby! Uni knocked the Chest over."

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, well, if we're limiting ourselves to Cartoon Network, we still have plenty of options. Like, I wonder whether or not the Talismans and other magical trinkets Jackie Chan chased after (in the Jackie Chan Adventures) were Shen Gong Wu (from Xiaolin Showdown)... That would be a battle of Good versus, uh, Good. But what a battle! Hijinks ensue!

Since we are opening this up to other networks' date=' I'd love to see Samurai Jack finally getting through a portal to bring him closer to his home only to find himself tumbling out of a Chest to look up and see a Ranger, a Thief-Acrobat, a tiny Barbarian, a cowardly Paladin, and a confused Wizard yelling "It's not my fault, Bobby! Uni knocked the Chest over."[/quote']

Which is coming out on DVD -- including an audio version of the unproduced final episode, "Requiem" (which CBS Standards and Practices rejected, but which is, if the script is any indication, a darn good story).

I've read the script. I didn't realize an audio version was being produced. Was this made especially for the DVD? Any of the same voice actors?

Keith "Liked the last few episodes" Curtis

Yes, it was. They were only able to get one member of the original cast (the thief-acrobat) but it has been more than twenty years. The person they missed most was Peter Cullen (Venger), and if you've read "requiem" you will see why he is especially missed.

On a side note, I am hearing Patrick Warburton everywhere. I don't think there's a voice actor in America who is getting more work, and doing it more splendidly. Clearly if you need a guy who can sound tough yet turn a comic line really nicely too, and who can play a parody without sounding like one, Warburton's your man. Oddly enough the one voice he didn't do is the role he's most associated with in the public eye -- because although he was the live-action Tick, he did not do the voice in the animation (which had completed its run several years earlier).

There's a possiblility that the Ghost Zone is merely an extension of the Hueco Mundo, the area between Earth and the Soul Society.

But, it's very true-what makes it worse is that if Hollows find their way to Amity Park. All the ghosts there-some of them very powerfu-would be a feeding frenzy for Hollows, and be extremely messy. And Danny doesn't have the power or mindset to truly destroy a Hollow. To do it, he'd have to ask for help...and most of the other authorities in the area would demand a hard price. Vlad Plasmus would make Danny pay through the nose, Valerie Gray would be shooting at him FIRST, and it would take major damage to the area to make Valerie think about teaming up. And to ask his parents would be to reveal his secret ID, a danger in itself.

They would probably find themselves asking "Are they dead' date=' alive or [i']neither[/i]?" Rukia would probably not understand the concept of DNA, much less the idea that the spirits of the dead might possess it. Thus a mortal-spirit fusion like Danny or Vlad would be completely beyond any frame of reference she could conceive. If she could comprehend the idea, she would find it an abomination -- hopefully she will recognize that Danny did not choose his condition and temper her response accordingly.

Should Vlad Plasmus learn of Hollows, he would seek some way to turn the knowledge of their existence to his advantage. Unfortunately, for his purposes Hollows would be the ultimate blunt instruments, and unleashing them would be an extreme escalation (remember that actually killing/destroying Danny does not figure into his plans -- in fact, his death would be a near-fatal obstacle to them). He might consider using them as a sort of ultimate blackmail weapon -- holding the havoc they would wreak as a Sword of Damocles over the head of his foes -- but Vlad has developed a healthy distaste for using forces he cannot control or restrain should the need arise -- and once a Hollow is loose, nothing can contain its fury short of its destruction.

As for Danny, learning about the Soul Society would alter his perception of everything he does. Rukia's beliefs about spirits directly contradict his own experience with them, and vice versa. The spirit realms Danny has visited (willingly or otherwise) bear no resemblance to the ones Rukia has, and even the cultural difference between her Eastern background and his Western one would be insufficient to explain it.

• 4 weeks later...

A crossover between Hellboy and Inu-Yasha has disturbing potential, especially given the things the two characters have in common (both are demons who dare not admit they are in love with a human woman, and who must frequently fight against their own kind). And a reincarnated Naraku in the 21st century would give Hellboy and friends all kinds of grief.

And, we'd have the ever-popular "irresistable force" (Tetsaiga) vs. "immovable object" (Right Hand of Doom) question answered...

Don't forget the envy, too...as half-demon Inu-Yasha gets envious of full-demon Hellboy, while full-demon Hellboy is envious that Inu-Yasha can at least occasionally PRETEND to be human...

A crossover between Hellboy and Inu-Yasha has disturbing potential' date=' especially given the things the two characters have in common (both are demons who dare not admit they are in love with a human woman, and who must frequently fight against their own kind). And a reincarnated Naraku in the 21st century would give Hellboy and friends all kinds of grief.[/quote']

And, we'd have the ever-popular "irresistable force" (Tetsaiga) vs. "immovable object" (Right Hand of Doom) question answered...

Don't forget the envy, too...as half-demon Inu-Yasha gets envious of full-demon Hellboy, while full-demon Hellboy is envious that Inu-Yasha can at least occasionally PRETEND to be human...

Hellboy is half demon, not a full demon. His mother was a human witch as I recall.

Kagome and Liz would have some interesting things to say to each other as well once they had a chance to talk.

It would probably resemble, in some really odd way, the whole Sarah/Rose conversation in "School Reunion". Hilarious-making, at the very least.

Kagome and Liz would have some interesting things to say to each other as well once they had a chance to talk.

Can Comedy Central play too?

Is it CC or Sci-Fi that ran Tripping the Rift? I can't think of anything that couldn't cross over with that and be weird.

Then again, it has the singular advantage of having a "hero" who is selfish, crude and obnoxious but still you find yourself liking the guy.

Is it CC or Sci-Fi that ran Tripping the Rift? I can't think of anything that couldn't cross over with that and be weird.

Then again, it has the singular advantage of having a "hero" who is selfish, crude and obnoxious but still you find yourself liking the guy.

It's Sci-Fi. And I would love to see Johnny Bravo take on Darth Bobo.

• 1 year later...

Old Man: "There is a place, deep within the bowels of the earth, where there may be a way to turn back time. It is a place of agony and torment, where rusted gears slam against rusted gears and the polyrythms of celestial time are counted. It was created to mark the infinite torment of the souls trapped within, but it may indeed, if you are brave enough, return you to your time.

Samurai Jack: "Indeed. How can I get there?"

Old Man: "Getting there is not the problem, but there are five evil guardians that will attempt to block your path. The tall one, the strange one, the murderous face, the drummer, and the man known as the explosion. To seek it would be the act of the desperate or the foolhardy."

Samurai Jack: "I do not consider myself foolhardy. I will go and seek this... Death Clock."

I finally understand this one. And yes, it would rock on toast.

I'm thinking Huey Freeman & Mandy

Mandy and anybody would be hilarious, because she's so completely selfish and callous yet frequently finds herself standing between Earth and DOOOOOOOOM.

Which she could care less about, except that it annoys and inconveniences her.