Need an organization name

Darren Watts

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Need an organization name

I like "Star Labs" in your original post. The group should have an official name (maybe an acronym made up of the names of scientists? - I'll let that roll around in my brain for a bit) and then the text, "But to the general public, they are simply Star Labs.

-SCUBA Hero

Hmm...

The

Scientific

Endowment for the

Advancment of

Knowledge,

Ethics, and

Reason

Foundation

(Yeah, It's phonetic, not the proper spelling....)

---------

The

Scientific

Endowment for

Advanced

Research for the

Contribution of

Humanity

Foundation

INSIGHT

INternational Society of Investigation and Gathering Helpful Technology

INternational Society of Invention and Gaining Helpful Technology

INtelligent Search and Investigation to Gain Heightended Technology

Indepedent Network of Scientists Investigating and Gathering Heightened (or Helpful) Technology.

International Society to Increase Global Harmony by Technology

Hmm. If you are still wanting the one, then I guess I have to try. I'm not big on acronyms in official material so I was trying to think of names that would build on the future or exploration themes. So far that has come to:

The Horizon Institute

The Frontier Society

or

The Impossible Dreams Council

Doc

I like "Star Labs" in your original post. The group should have an official name (maybe an acronym made up of the names of scientists? - I'll let that roll around in my brain for a bit) and then the text' date=' "But to the general public, they are simply [i']Star Labs[/i].

-SCUBA Hero

Um, were you aware that DC Comics already has S.T.A.R. Labs? I assumed that's what Darren was referring to.

Several good ideas here, everybody- thanks for the help! I leaned towards a few like Horizon, Tomorrow or Beacon, mixing and matching with Institute and Foundation. I really liked the name "The Control Group," and may swipe it for bad guys later. But in the end, Supreme Serpent tapped into my love of early-edition Champs and sneaky continuity, so The Goodman Institute it shall be. (Now I need to come up with somebody named Goodman for their back story...) Thanks again, all! dw

Several good ideas here' date=' everybody- thanks for the help! I leaned towards a few like Horizon, Tomorrow or Beacon, mixing and matching with Institute and Foundation. I really liked the name "The Control Group," and may swipe it for bad guys later. But in the end, Supreme Serpent tapped into my love of early-edition Champs and sneaky continuity, so The Goodman Institute it shall be. (Now I need to come up with somebody named Goodman for their back story...) Thanks again, all! dw[/quote']

Why do you not see if you can trackdown the really Goodman and truly tap that early-edition goodness, for a back story?

Several good ideas here' date=' everybody- thanks for the help! I leaned towards a few like Horizon, Tomorrow or Beacon, mixing and matching with Institute and Foundation. I really liked the name "The Control Group," and may swipe it for bad guys later. But in the end, Supreme Serpent tapped into my love of early-edition Champs and sneaky continuity, so The Goodman Institute it shall be. (Now I need to come up with somebody named Goodman for their back story...) Thanks again, all! dw[/quote']

Now that's just cool. :cool:

He should probably be a mathematician - they're fairly hot in pop culture right now. Or else an accountant. ;)

And congrats to Supreme Serpent. :hail: