What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

Planet 51-Kinda dull....nowhere near as good as Kung Fu Panda or even UP.

Trick or Treat-Not bad for a low budget frightfest...though it definitely feels like a made for cable film. Anna Paquin is in this one.

THEM!-Good movie....great 50's sci-fi...heck...great sci-fi period. High recommended for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Planet 51-Kinda dull....nowhere near as good as Kung Fu Panda or even UP.

Trick or Treat-Not bad for a low budget frightfest...though it definitely feels like a made for cable film. Anna Paquin is in this one.

THEM!-Good movie....great 50's sci-fi...heck...great sci-fi period. High recommended for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Planet 51 seemed to come and go in the theaters.

THEM! is a movie that I'd love to see remade with proper modern CGI (which would make the ants so much scarier), but who ever did it would need to retain the same feel of menace and not make it a camp fest akin to Eight-Legged Freaks.

Planet 51 seemed to come and go in the theaters.

THEM! is a movie that I'd love to see remade with proper modern CGI (which would make the ants so much scarier), but who ever did it would need to retain the same feel of menace and not make it a camp fest akin to Eight-Legged Freaks.

Realistically...giant insects would be scary as hell. The ones the size of THEM!....REALLY scary. I also wouldn't mind a serious attempt at remaking them film, but it'd be an uphill battle to make something better than the original, which works on almost evey level.

Finished rewatching the Fight Quest series. Liked Human Weapon more, but it's not on Netflix Streaming. FQ is a fun series if you're interested in a quick look at how a particular martial art works. Not a lot of depth, but entertaining.

Just picked up Red Vs Blue The Blood Gulch Chronicles (Seasons 1-5).

Remember -- women are like Voltron, the more you hook up, the better it gets.

Just finished Season 1. Wow... it's like Halo meets Airplane! or something.

Just finished Season 1. Wow... it's like Halo meets Airplane! or something.

I freaking love Red vs Blue.

For my part, Netflix has been facillitating my desire to fill my evenings with post apoc goodness.

Rewatched A Boy and His Dog, finally caught The Book of Eli (which I really dug) and The Road, watched the first two seasons of the new reboot of the BBC series Surviors, and started rewatching Jericho because my lassie hadn't heard of it.

Just bought 'Babylon 5: The Ultimate Collection' (all 5 series, plus Crusade, plus all the movies and last year's 'Lost Tales' add-on). Watched 2 of my favourite episodes from series 3:

Severed Dreams

Shadow Dancing

[cue the big space battles - trying to get into a Star HERO design mood…]

I finally saw the Speed Racer movie. It was far better than I thought it would be, and rather more vulgar too (Chim-Chim flings his poop into a guy's face?).

And John Goodman as Pops Racer, kicking ninja arse? That alone made this film worth the price of rental.