What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

Started watching Covert Affair and Haven. The first is run of the mill prime time television saved only by the fact that lead actress is both hot and cute (in way she portrays herself). I would daresay that the CIA portrayed in this show has about as much in common with the real agency as chicken feed. Haven really wants to be X-Files. Still, I rather enjoy watching it. Well except for the food spoilage episode.

Also went to the movies yesterday and saw The Expendables. That was an action movie that started out with action, had the action kick in at about 5 minutes after that and was liberally seasoned with more action. I rather enjoyed it.

Caught up on the entire second season of deadliest warrior, EXCEPT, for the Commanche episode because they for some reason, don't feel the need to post that one anywhere.

~Rex.....loves this show inaccuracies and all. :D

Zontar...the Thing From Venus-I usually like old movies, but this was god awful...especially the acting. It would be perfect for an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000. Zontar is basically a 1965 remake of It Conquered The World...and it somehow managed to be WORSE than that low budget cheapie from the 50's. Go figure.

Caught up on the entire second season of deadliest warrior, EXCEPT, for the Commanche episode because they for some reason, don't feel the need to post that one anywhere.

~Rex.....loves this show inaccuracies and all. :D

I liiked that episode. Without spoiling anything, let me just say that

the Commanche takes down Genghis Khan. USA! USA!

D&D cartoon. Eric is my hero. :D

Remember the episode where he almost marries the queen, only to back out when she turns into a "horrible, orful thing"? (Yes, I've been re-reading some of the old Segar Popeye.)

He shoulda stuck with her. Hey, she might have been a monster, but she was still queen. And in a D&D world, you can do a lot with shapeshifting and illusion magic!

I liiked that episode. Without spoiling anything' date=' let me just say that

the Commanche takes down Genghis Khan. USA! USA!

[/quote']

Yeah problem is, they have EVERY episode avaialble to watch, EXCEPT that one. They have the Aftermath for that one, but not the episode. You can google it, and all the links, don't take you there and that's the one I really want to watch......got some Commanche in the gene pool.....it held interest for me, but nay, they doth tease me with lies and trickery!

~Rex.....

Remember the episode where he almost marries the queen, only to back out when she turns into a "horrible, orful thing"? (Yes, I've been re-reading some of the old Segar Popeye.)

He shoulda stuck with her. Hey, she might have been a monster, but she was still queen. And in a D&D world, you can do a lot with shapeshifting and illusion magic!

Yeah, except for the tiny detail that the others (Hank, Bobby, Presto, Sheila, Diana and Uni) restored the king his rightful throne. :P

I think it would be nice to see (or imagine) the group running a high profile business. I reckon they would all get along super (and Eric would be an asset).

If that's the one with the Ultraman statue, that's the guy I am thinking of as Allan. I might be misremembering the name.

The other three are the ones I am thinking of as trouble.

"I'm the mole for the mole people."

"I'm the plant monster that plans to eat the world."

I can't remember the other one but it was similar.

CES

Watched Thirst last night. It's a Korean vampire movie, directed by Park Chan-wook (Director of the awesome- but sensitive - splatterfest that is the "Vengeance" trilogy). It's the first (and probably only) vampire movie to be loosely based on the writings of french writer Emile Zola :)

Basically, it's about a well-loved priest who via a medical experiment becomes a vampire. He is forced to grapple with his conscience, and his suddenly increased desires of the flesh - for blood of course, but also for his childhood friend's wife ... You can probably guess it doesn't end well. Also? No sparkling.

It's pretty cool, but not as cool as Lady Vengeance.

It was only when we got out that my wife said she was expecting a wacky comedy like Mr Vampire!

cheers, Mark

Watched Thirst last night. It's a Korean vampire movie, directed by Park Chan-wook (Director of the awesome- but sensitive - splatterfest that is the "Vengeance" trilogy). It's the first (and probably only) vampire movie to be loosely based on the writings of french writer Emile Zola :)

Basically, it's about a well-loved priest who via a medical experiment becomes a vampire. He is forced to grapple with his conscience, and his suddenly increased desires of the flesh - for blood of course, but also for his childhood friend's wife ... You can probably guess it doesn't end well. Also? No sparkling.

It's pretty cool, but not as cool as Lady Vengeance.

It was only when we got out that my wife said she was expecting a wacky comedy like Mr Vampire!

cheers, Mark

I really liked "Thirst". A nice counterpoint to America's sparkly vampires.

Otoh, a "Thirst" - "Vampire Cop Ricky" double feature would be a great evening.