What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

A lot of college football over the weekend. The Ducks rolled up 50 points in the first half against Arkansas State, only to inexplicably put on the brakes in the second half to coast to a 57-34 win. I didn't see that part of the game, so I don't know what to think in a situation like this.

Well tonight is my birthday so went to the movies and saw Moonrise Kingdom with friends. Moonrise Kingdom is a very left-off-centre eccentric and off-kilter film but very charming and the colour throughout is very full and strong. The whole film is gorgeous. Enjoyed it very much.

The freaking DVR "glitched" and didn't record anything Wed night. Now I have to find Dirty Jobs: Down Under online to watch the crocodile episode. Because stupid Time Warner Cable isn't repeating it like they normally do. Pretty much everything else is either getting a repeat or will be On-Demand.

Today was a Mom day. It's her 89th birthday today! I bought us lunch at a Nepalese restaurant that was having a grand-opening in Roseville. then we stopped at the store so I could "get a few things". I bought some bite-sized cupcakes and when we got to my place to chill, I gave her one and sang Happy Birthday.

We watched some Futurama and then some Home-and-Garden show about buying "Million-Dollar Homes". Mom found the latter interesting and I always take mental notes for later use in RPGs (or making homes in the Sims.)

A bunch of films at Dragon*Con

Cabin in the Woods - Fun, but not as clever as it thinks it is.

Iron Sky - Fun, but not as over the top as it should have been.

Green Lantern - Fun, but....not all that fun, really.

Also watched a good amount of terrible anime; can't recall the titles.

Series 1 through 4 of Monty Python's Flying Circus. You could see they were running out of gas in series 4 and no Cleese.

That was the result of the collapse of the Cleese/Chapman writing team. This is usually ascribed to Cleese getting fed up with Chapman's drinking and the boorish behavior that resulted from it.

There is an animated film coming out about Chapman's life that is deliberately filled with blatant untruths.