What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

I am told it makes more sense if you understand ballet (and more enjoyable if you like it).

That wasn't the issue. I've done theater for decades and I've taken some ballet courses, but it's not a movie about ballet. It's a movie about obsession, and ballet is merely the setting. In fact, my familiarity may have been part of the problem. Performer goes insane is not a compelling, new story for me.

My 89-year-old (next month) Mom's having dental surgery tomorrow, so we had our regularly-scheduled Monday visit a day early. Afet we had lunch (her treat this time) we hung out at my apartment and watched a few things I had recorded, but she gets an especial kick from the Superman serial we've been watching a few episodes at a time.

This time, every time Lois Lane (Noelle Nielle) was onscreen

Neill,_Noel_%28Superman%29_34.jpg

In this outfit (the only outfit Lois ever wears,

Mom would remark "I used to have a suit like that in gray. Didn't have that hat, though."

Every time. :lol::cry:

I'd feel sorry for Mom, but at least she's enjoying herself.

While waiting way too long at Best Buy for a cell phone exchange/upgrade, we watched Thor on one of the ultra HD screens that they had set up. The Earth-side cinematography actually looked bad, it was such high definition. The Asgard and Jötunheimr scenes looked good but not great, but the New Mexico scenes looked like a reality tv show. I could notice every little jar and tremor of the camera. It was a constant distraction from what I had always previously thought was a fun adaption of the comic book. There is such a thing as too much HD.

I watched "Iron Sky" last night. It was above average and the Nazi space ships looked great. Then I rewatched "Captain America". I liked it even better the second time around.

Jen seen Cap? If so what is her reaction?