Top 20 Comic Weapons

Susano

This is a list of what we consider to be the top 20 comic book weapons… not necessarily the most powerful. We consider the best to be the most creative and interesting weapons. When compiling the top 20 comic book weapons of all time, one must consider the weapon and not the wielder. We chose weapons that define the characters they belong to. Without their weapons, the characters on this list would lose their identities. Remember the mid 90s when Wolverine lost his claws..? I rest my case.

Please note that we have purposely left out any “weapons of limitless power.” Weapons like the Infinity Gauntlet, Cosmic Cube, and Black Diamonds are certainly powerful, but lack any creativity what-so-ever.

Please feel free to comment on how right (or wrong) our list is. Enjoy!

http://cardboardmonocle.com/blog/?page_id=462

Re: Top 20 Comic Weapons

Batman's Utility Belt is not on the list, and it should be, or at the very least, the Batarang. Virtually everything that has come after it is an imitation of it, including dozens of Anime weapons not mentioned here.

The Mento Helmet is not on the list, and it should be.

The Original Blue Beetle's Scarab. "Khaji Dal." And Screw you, DC comics, for ruining this character not once, but TWICE.

Wonder Woman's Magic Lasso. My god, how could you forget that?

The Trapster's original Glue Gun. No matter how hard I try, I just can't call him Paste Pot Pete.

Spencer Smythe's Spider Slayers.

The Mandarin's Ten Rings

Ultimo! Yeah, that's right. Ultimo! He belongs on the list. He's a weapon!

Modok's chair. Yeah, it just supports the most powerful mentalist on earth and amplifies his powers. I'll take this over Spider Jerusalem's gun any day of the week.

Batman's Utility Belt is not on the list' date=' and it should be, or at the very least, the Batarang. Virtually everything that has come after it is an imitation of it, including dozens of Anime weapons not mentioned here.[/quote']

Considering that a Batarang is more like a shuriken than a boomerang, I think you're being a little over zealous on who is imitating who here.

Not one female character on the list. Figured Elektra and her sais would at least be there, along with WW's glowing rope.

No cosmic rod.

No Steel's hammer.

No soulsword of Illyana.

No Staff of One.

No friggin' Eye of Agamotto!

This list is poo.

I have to wholeheartedly agree.

The freakin' poo cannon of some Z-list villain from Savage Dragon makes the list, but weapons that make Dormammu pee himself aren't?

I call BS.

I posted my own similar poll here, on two occasions. Not a statistically-valid sized sample, of course, but the results were pretty consistent:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=556

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22881

WW's lasso got beat out by Daredevil's billy club? BOTH TIMES???

My top three would have to include Mjolnir, Spidey's webshooters, and Cap's shield, I think. Power rings are just too omnipotent (or at least "omniversatile") to be all that cool, IMO.

No "Ultimate Nullifier" either (bug spray for use on "Galactus" from way back in his first appearence). "Captain Cold's" freeze gun gets in but not "Heatwave's "heat gun, or "Captain Boomerang's" boomerangs or "The Melter's" melting beam or "The Black Knight's" lance (from when he was a villain) or "Chronos'" various gimmicked clocks and watches? I don't think that enough thought has been put into this list, it seems to be one fans listing of the items that he can remember.

Considering that a Batarang is more like a shuriken than a boomerang' date=' I think you're being a little over zealous on who is imitating who here.[/quote']

Not originally. The Batarang could knock people out, and various specialty batarangs could deliver flash charges, explosive charges, shrieking whistles, and whatever else Batman needed. But up until Frank Miller's Dark Knight, they were blunt weapons like the Australian boomerang, not razor-edged. (Paul Gulacy, I believe, came up with some bat-shruikens for a story he and Doug Moench came up with for Legends Of The Dark Knight. I liked those much better than Miller's batarangs.)

And yes, Captain America's shield should be higher on the list.

And Daredevil's billy club should be on the list.

And the BOWEL DISRUPTOR?!?!? On the one hand, that's just wrong. On the other, what if the target has already taken a dump, or hasn't eaten in a while? You can't disrupt someone's bowels if there's nothing in them to disrupt.

:rofl::rockon::hail::sick::weep: This gave me the most reaction... I dunno about all of it, and everyone has their favorites, but this one is freakin' hilarious... wonder what comic its from?

3 - The Bowel Disruptor – Transmetropolitan

Spider Jerusalem’s weapon of choice, even beating out a good old-fashioned boot to the groin. The Bowel Disruptor does pretty much exactly what it sounds like it would with settings that include:

Watery

Loose

Prolapse

Shat Into Unconsciousness

Unspeakable Gut Horror

Rectal Volcano

And last but certainly not least, Burning Anal Geyser.

While I don’t think the BD is powerful enough to kill, what it actually does might be worse. Much Worse.

The comic is called Transmetropolitan. My library had a few issues/collections, but I can't remember the company. None featuring burning anal geysers; not sure if I'm happy or sad about that..

:rofl::rockon::hail::sick::weep: This gave me the most reaction... I dunno about all of it, and everyone has their favorites, but this one is freakin' hilarious... wonder what comic its from?

3 - The Bowel Disruptor – Transmetropolitan

Spider Jerusalem’s weapon of choice, even beating out a good old-fashioned boot to the groin. The Bowel Disruptor does pretty much exactly what it sounds like it would with settings that include:

Watery

Loose

Prolapse

Shat Into Unconsciousness

Unspeakable Gut Horror

Rectal Volcano

And last but certainly not least, Burning Anal Geyser.

While I don’t think the BD is powerful enough to kill, what it actually does might be worse. Much Worse.

Two poop based choices on the list. :rolleyes:

Far as I'm concerned, that pretty much drops the list from any real consideration or discussion.

I would have to agree.

Also if it was a choice between going into a fight with somebody weilding the Staff of One, which can cast damn near any spell imaginable though only once [though there's a logical way around that in theory] or the person weilding the laxative gun, I know which person I'm choosing for backup.

The comic is called Transmetropolitan. My library had a few issues/collections' date=' but I can't remember the company. None featuring burning anal geysers; not sure if I'm happy or sad about that..[/quote']

Transmetropolitan was a DC/Vertigo title written by Warren Ellis and drawn by Darick Robertson. I'm not a huge Ellis fan, but this book was a hoot.

I also have to disagree with many of the choices here. The Bowel Disruptor, Poop Cannons, and the Wrecker's crowbar made it, but Batman's arsenal didn't? What aboput Robin's (Tim Drake's) staff? Wonder Woman's lasso and bracers? Green Arrow's and Hawkeye's bows and arrows? Spidey's web-shooters? Too many left off and too many that shouldn't have made it that did. This is not an objective list by any means. It's just a list of some of the author's favorites, and the inclusion of bowel disruptors and poop cannons shows us where his tastes lie.