Your characters, favorite by Archetype

Hermit

Re: Your characters, favorite by Archetype

Brick: Heavy Metal, a metal density increase/armor brick in the classic build. He had a martial background involving chi sensitive nanites, and is a student of Chin Na.

Gadgeteer: Lariette, whom I play in a DC PBeM, is an inventor and designing engineer who has fabricated her own swinglines, carbon fiber tentacles she uses as stretching extra limbs, and a plethora of other technical devices. Overall, not much so far, but its early yet.

Metamorph: I don't even remember his name, played him like 1f years ago, but had a multiphorm based on the T2 liquid metal idea that allowed him to manifest his ancient warrior ancestors in new superheroic forms.

Weapon Master: Father Martin Longfellow, as he's currently known, from a monster hunter game. He's in the old west gunslinger model, fast and accurate, with a hellboy movie style revolver... and he used to be a Catholic Priest.

Energy Projector: One shot. That's all he was worth. Able to lay down one mega-sized beam of serious power, but otherwise a normal human being that is either unconcious or nearly so after he uses his power. Never went far with him, ended up as an NPC for the laughable setup.

Brick: Heavy Metal' date=' a metal density increase/armor brick in the classic build. He had a martial background involving chi sensitive nanites, and is a student of Chin Na.[/quote']

Hope you don't mind but Heavy Metal and the Iron Taur are still inmportant parts of Epic City. :)

Brick: Paladin, aka Casper Jay

Paladin was actually a character I inherited from my brother after he left the game. He was the embodiment of the Peers of Charlemagne, but I then turned him into a flagsuit Brick, boosting his existing powers by giving him a Captain Britain-style suit which enhanced his strength and gave him flight. He didn't get much game-time but has become a valuable NPC for my Dawnstars game.

Energy Projector: Thunderstrike, aka Jebediah Davenport

Part of the 4Men who were a group of heroes hired to pretend to be the original 4Men after the originals were killed in action. A great team with some really memorable moments.

Energy Projector II: Whisper, aka Taj Saubel

Originally created as a sixteen year old runaway father with his one year old daughter strapped to his back in a baby-backpack, Whisper joined a team of teenage Morlock-types. He had sonic-powers but didn't consider himself a superhero. He 'grew up' and moved to a different game where he is now in his early twenties and is something of a failed musician trying to 'find himself'. He still has powers but hasn't done any adventuring for a while, until he joins up with the new team in Salton Sea. His daughter is older and more independent but still very much the centre of his life.

Gadgeteer: Can't think of any characters of this type that I've played.

Martial Artist: Jungle Boy, aka Balthasar Numen

A young, enthusiastic teenager who was part of a superhuman family and grew up in the public eye. JB worked for a Disney-inspired theme park, Hero City.

Mentalist: Perepis, aka Yelizaveta Vojislavitcha Galkin

A Russian telepath whose powers manifested in a bureaucratic or administrative manner. She is called perepis which roughly means census in Russian and whenever she made eye contact with people she automatically garnered some kind of census-related detail about their life.

Metamorph: Tribe, aka Carlos Teramond

Duplicator who heavily borrowed from Jamie Madrox in personality and style!

Mystic: Countess, aka Erzebet Bathory

The infamous countess who had a penchant for bathing in the blood of maidens, this character was played in a modern Pulp-style game. Although she didn't have mystic powers she did have a cursed ring which gave her immortality (with strings attached) and the knack for getting involved in mystical-type adventures.

Patriot/Avatar: Solace, aka Anastasius 'Andy' Solace

A bit of a stretch here, but Solace was a healer with the side-effect of drawing life energy from those around him. Solace was one of the small number of characters I actually created and played in a face to face game. The mystery behind him was that there were five people he had 'killed' in the past, life drained away before he realised how to stop it. They were named after characters from TS Eliot's poem, Gerontion - Mister Silvero, Fraulein Von Klump, Hakagawa and Gerontion... there was one other. Anyway, these people came into the scenes of the game as cameos and no one (apart from me and the GM) knew who they were. A good but short game. Makes me want to update him and put him in Uberworld!

Powered Armor: I haven't played one of these. Actually I have played two characters who don a powered suit, but the suit isn't their primary power source. Paladin became Union Jack when he began wearing a strength-enhancing flagsuit. And Jungle Boy 'grew up' and became Sidewinder which included wearing a stealth-suit. Probably a bit of a stretch, but it's all I've got!

Speedster: White Rabbit, aka Eloise Rathbone

A teleporter hero who had retired to have kids. Her husband was also a hero but he was killed in the line of duty, leaving her a single mother of three. She returned to the super hero life and had to juggle adventures with parenthood - something which relied a lot on her powers of teleportation.

Weapon Master: Hmm, nope. I haven't had any sword fighters or anything like that that I remember.

Brick - Mammoth was my favorite pure brick, and also my one foray in to playing a "killer character" (what would now be a routine Iron Age character). When you're 70 STR, it's remarkably easy to kill agents. I tired of the concept. My real favorite brick was Centurion, who was a Brick in Powered Armor clothing, so see below.

Energy Projector - Icestorm. Basic Iceman clone. I would routinely forget to activate his ice armor, so the first hit he took in a super-fight would often lay him low. I actually wrote "Ice UP!!!" on the character sheet to remind me to, uhh, ice up when starting a super-fight. I felt the limitation on that Limitation all the time. Because I'm sort of a scatterbrain.

Powered Armor - Centurion. Brick via Powered Armor, loosely modeled in style after Roman armor, although instead of boiled leather, the armor was of mondonium (read: adamantium). He exploited the unique advantages that 17" of movement provided to the Move-Through maneuver. Never saw much reason to play anyone else, so he ended up w/ 350+ XPs after about 15 years of playing.

Speedster - no pure speedster, although Ice elementals often feature huge amounts of Running/Gliding w/ Limitations, and Icestorm did too.

Martial Artist - never really played a superhero martial artist, but I did play in a Ninja Hero campaign before Allston's Ninja Hero came out. Setting was Hong Kong before the Brits handed over to the Chinese.

Mentalist - no superhero characters, but a Danger Int'l mentalist campaign character was code-named Flim-Flam. FBI agent with telepathy -- the GM had to work to keep anyone that knew anything out of our hands.

Gadgeteer - none

Metamorph - none

Mystic - none

Patriot/Avatar - none

Weapon Master - too Dark Champs for my taste.

Great thread Hermit

Well my first choice fills both Brick & Patriot:And while I have played lots of Bricks this is the onnly Patriot I have played: American Avenger http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=709743&postcount=59

Energy Projector:This one is easy as I am currently playing it in a PBEM originally just a heromachine pic I made for my daughter, and then decided to fully stat out: Pinky: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=710436&postcount=60

Gadgeteer: Have never played one

Martial Artist: Although I have never played a true martial artist, I have played several Martial Bricks my favorite being Reptyle: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=511707&postcount=3 (though this link shows the higher point NPC version of him)

Mentalist:Never played one

Metamorph:A guy who can change into several animalsCaptain Animal (ont have a write up for him anymore)

Mystic Never played one

Powered Armor Only have played one and that would be Fyredrake http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=516483&postcount=6

Speedster: Never Played one

Weapon Master: Played him in a short lived PBEM but this is the closest thing to a weapons master I have played Boomeranghttp://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=642725&postcount=47

Brick This would be The Unicorn. An alien from one of Saturn's moons. He was yellow and had a horn thus the name.

And British Bulldog. He was a mid brick but required more roleplay due to his looking like a dog and having doglike characteristics like seeing only black and white and having to pant to cool down.

Energy Projector My first character, The Flame. He could fly and fire energy blasts. Started as Spd 28 and Spd 6. Went upto Sp 8 and had damage shield, entangle affects desolid etc. I have a Storn pic of him.

Martial Artist Angel was a female WPC. She sould fly via wings and could hit people with her staff. One of the last PCs I had in the original campaigns.

Mentalist One of the first of the Protectors along with the Flame. She had a simple black and white costume.

Mystic Two again here. The Magician was one of my first characters and my second after the Flame. I wanted a lot of different powers and justified it through magic. Teleport including extra dimensional, Desolid No visible effect, Ego def, Ego blast and my favourite Energy Blast with variable power effect. Storn again did a pic of him and if you have the Mutants and Masterminds Second Edition you'll see him by the power description of magic.

The Demoness was a pupil of the Magician. She was an experiment with Magic Power Pool. Anything I could justify with magic I would do. And the first of my characters to be Storned as it were. She is portrayed in a black dress with the Hospitalier cross.

Patriot/Avatar British Bulldog is the only one I had who was a real patriot. And behaved like it.

Powered Armor Supersuit. My attempt at an Iron Man all singing all dancing suit of armour. It worked.

Speedster This one is a villain. Aprt from the Masters of Speed from Villains Unlimited, my favourite speedster is Daylight Robbery. Fast and good lucking, she played up against the heroes. Despite the fact that she owed her powers to the very evil Minister of Hate.

Brick

Energy Projector

Gadgeteer

Martial Artist

Mentalist

Metamorph

Mystic

Patriot/Avatar

Powered Armor

Speedster

Weapon Master

Of the ones I've made? Probably too many to list. Played? Well, that's still quite a few but many of my Hero games have been short-lived or non-Champions. So paring down the list to Champs characters played for a significant amount of time:

Soulbarb: Primarily a Fast Brick, with a minor in Gadgeteer (low-powered) or Mystic (higher-powered)

Sylph: Sort of an Energy Projector except that most of her attacks are non-damaging. Sort of a Mystic except that she doesn't really understand anything about how magic works. Sort of a Brick when she transforms to Maenad, except that she does it only rarely and generally unwillingly. I guess she just refuses to be pigeonholed. :D

Aviary: Pretty much a straightforward flying energy blaster, offensively, though she does have a few tricks up her sleeve.

Cerulean: Mystic. VPP for Adjustment powers, supplemented by minor elemental magic and enchanted accoutrements.

Stormwraith: Flying lightning-based energy blaster ala Storm. My first Champions character.

I've made a ton of characters over the years for others but only played a few myself.

Brick: Paragon. Flying brick based on the comic character Captain Paragon. Was the closest thing to a pure brick played by anyone in our group. Scary effective.

Energy Projector: Firestorm. Also based on comic character. Since this was back before Champions III we had to make up Transform rules from scratch and wing it.

Martial Artist: Red Monk. One of my earliest characters. Only played 1 adventure. Character died in automated machine gun trap.

Mentalist: Valley Girl. Early attempt at Marvel Girl/Phoenix powerset with sense of humor.

Powered Armor: North Guard. Guardian (Alpha Flight) clone. Fairly vanilla.

Speedster: Hyper-Man. Really a Speedster/Brick. Always a hoot to play.

Brick

This would have to be Behemoth... Normal looking, but made out of metal... He had Armor Piercing for his Strength, and a bunch of Strength bought "Only for figuring Casual STR"...

Energy Projector

Lucifer... Unmatched for sheer power... Pity he was immolated when he absorbed the detonation of a nuke...

Gadgeteer

Gizmo... 38 INT, Loads of stuff, and Bertha the Hoverwing... I'll never forget the other Player's faces when he said "Heel, Bertha", and the Hoverwing followed him into its hanger...

Martial Artist

Snapshot... Superfast mental processes, so he had 10 overall skill levels... So many people hated him...

Mentalist

Only Mentalist I've ever done is a villain while GMing... Mindlord... Got himself nervefried and put in a wheelchair... The Government was keeping Metahumans top secret, so they were keeping him to Memory Mod anyone who found out... His big plot was to force things to go public in a big, obnoxious way so he'd finally be allowed to go home...

Metamorph

Flex... Stretchy and Rubbery... Like Mr Fantastic, but without the elongation ability and not nearly as smart...

Mystic

Mage... He was one of the Tunguskee Airmen until he got shot down at the end of WW2... Found on the Island he was stranded on by an annoying old twit who refused to help him unless he became a student... 40 years later he was finished with his Apprenticeship, but by then it was the mid-80s... Man, was he a victim of Culture Shock when he got home...

Patriot/Avatar

Never played one of these, really...

Powered Armor

Cyber... Wasn't much at building Armor in and of itself, but Oy did he know Cybernetics... Other folks came to him for help with that...

Speedster

Impulse... He once ran across the US and back, in about an hour, when he was in his 70s... Had a stroke and died just after that, unfortunately...

Weapon Master

I don't think I've ever played one of these, either...

Brick - That would be my namesake, Pariah (although he could easily fit into the Mystic category as well). He was a defrocked mage who subsequently gained superhuman strength and durability. He used his magic to augment his combat capabilities. He was scary. And he wasn't even the team's primary brick.

Energy Projector - Thunderstrike started as a naïve young college freshman who wanted to join the team just to be close to a heroine he had a crush on. He retired as an experienced, capable, and recognized member of one of the premier superteams on the planet. The evolution of his character was a lot of fun. Powerwise, he threw lightning to a lot of different effects.

Gadgeteer - To my recollection, I've never played one.

Martial Artist - Several of my characters have had martial arts packages, but none of them really fit the 'Martial Artist' archetype. I guess the closest I have is one of my current characters, Morningstar. She's a kinetic-based flier with a rather varied set of martial maneuvers. And a club.

Mentalist - Impulse was only the second character I ever built, and I player her for a bit more than a year. She was a natural telekinetic with a Soul Gem that gave her telepathic powers as well. She also had detective skills and could pick locks with her mind (thanks to the TK).

Metamorph - I don't really have one of these either, unless you count Fang, who was a reluctant werewolf (and consequently had human and lupine forms). He was an immunologist who accidentally infected himself while trying to discover a cure for lycanthropy. Pretty much a Beast knock-off.

Mystic - My initial thought is to list Amethyst, but as a GMPC, she's as much prop and plot device as actual character. So I'll go with ColdFire. She gained mystical cold powers after being kidnapped and transformed by an ice demon. She's kept a bit of that otherworldly essence, which manifests as a small Magic Pool that's separate from her cold powers.

Patriot/Avatar - I built an NPC named Victor for a villain group; he was an undercover RCMP officer who had infiltrated a mutant liberation supervillain group. I later rebuilt him as a full-blown hero for a high-level hero campaign. He would have been Canada's premier superhero, their answer to Captain America. Alas, the campaign never really took off, and I never got to play him.

Powered Armor - One summer many years ago, my GM had the idea of running an aquatic campaign. My character was a scientist who had perfected a deep-sea exploration supersuit. That was Riptide. He had increased strength, Life Support, a large amount of both swimming and flight, and an electrical EB that was really nasty underwater.

Speedster - Brian Brodeur was a world champion skier who was about to be devoured by a demon, but was rescued and given the chance to work for an extradimensional cabal of well-intentioned but slightly insane entities known as the Pentarchy. Already blessed with phenomenal physical attributes, he eventually gained superhuman speed and agility, as well as flight powers. Oh, and the Pentarchs gave him a really big gun. And thus he became Desperado. Think Northstar with a BFG, and you've got the idea.

Weapon Master - This would have to be Jack Diamond. In addition to his combat and detective skills, he had a Multipower (and later a VPP) full of exotic weapons--many of which were trophies he'd taken from the villains he defeated. His first trophy was a pair of gauntlets he took from Vengeance (our world's villainous version of the Golden Avenger). Vengeance took offense, and became Diamond's archnemesis.

Dr. Archeville, my character in Jack Butler's Global Guardians game, is a Gadgeteer, and loads of fun to play. (I still play a version of him in an online Mutants & Masterminds game.) I did do a write-up for an "alternate" version of him who was a Power Armor type (though with enough options to be a veritable Gadgetter), but never got to actually use him. If anything happened to Archeville, I'd had a plan to "resurrect" him as a Brick -- transferring his mind into a robotic body, but the transfer would go... poorly-- but the opportunity never arose for that.

Dead Head is... well, he sorta fits Brick and Martial Artist and Mentalist and Mystic slots. My original version of him was a college student who, after dying and being reanimated (by Lovecraftian Entities) found he could channel the spirits of the dead and necromantic energies -- his powers were very similar to Dr. Teneber from Arcane Adversaries. A second version played more to the "channel spirits" and less on the "necromancy" aspect, and that version could channel the spirits of the dead to gain their abilities (mimicking the skills, talents, and skill-based powers of the dead -- one minute he could be a genius like Einstein or Tesla, the next a fighter of Bruce Lee's caliber).