Your characters, favorite by Archetype

Hermit

Many of us have been playing Champions for years and some of us have racked up a veritable army of characters we've run as players.

So, because we all enjoy a good "And my character was so awesome" chance (at least in the first person ;) ) I thought I'd ask folks to list their favorite characters by official Champions 5th Ed Archetype.

For those of you who don't have the genre book, the official archetypes are:

Brick

Energy Projector

Gadgeteer

Martial Artist

Mentalist

Metamorph

Mystic

Patriot/Avatar

Powered Armor

Speedster

Weapon Master

Obviously, a lot of your favorite characters might fit in more than one category, and some of you may never have tried a particular one (in which case you leave it blank) but I figure this could be a fun challenge/nostalgia moment trying to categorize our favorite PCs.

Re: Your characters, favorite by Archetype

Favorites were probably Harlequin (a Cosmic character closest to the Mentalist and Mystic archetypes) and Flesh Gordon (a luck based martial brick' date=' very inefficient design but fun to play).[/quote']

If he was anything like the character from the "Flesh Gordon" movie, I'll be he was fun to play. :eg:

Brick - I don't really play full bricks, and never really have. I've only played a couple - but probably Gemstone. She got her powers through a focus, under 3rd edition, and the GM let me buy martial arts on her base strength. That was back when we thought a martial throw also martial blocked - so she would nail another brick with a haymaker, and when he charged back, she'd throw him.

Energy Projector - Another archetype I've not been real fond of. I get past the "I shoot him" a number of time, and I get bored. But the GM let me run a smaller multipower to use with MPAs with the larger one (a 15 pointer, so it can flash or add a die and a half nnd ect), plus ranged martial arts, with a throw in there (explosive blast). He's been a lot of fun to play. That would be Smokeater.

Gadgeteer - I've never run a full blown gadgeteer, but I had a supersuit years ago that had a gadget pool of things he brought with him - extra peripherals for the suit. He was Dave.

Martial Artist - Blackcat hands down.

Mentalist - I've run a few, but my favorite was Amanda. She was an inter-dimensional agent, and didn't act like a superhero, but like a spy (so it was sort of an iron age game, but no costumes). She could get very vicious

Metamorph - Meeb. Pseudopods down. :D

Mystic - Likely Sift. She has a nice multipower of spells, a small cosmic pool, decent defenses, and a great character story.

Patriot/Avatar - I don't think I have ever run one of these.

Powered Armor - Ballistic. He's a supermage supersuit, and he is a blast to play

Speedster - I've played three or four, but to be honest, none of them have ever been favorites, there has always been something off about them, and I end up retiring them. Terminal Velocity is my current one, but about every other game session I think about building a different character for the game, so I can't really think of him as a favorite.

Weapon Master - I was going to say I didn't have one but then I remember Moonstrider. An alien bounty hunter, with a large weapons array multipower. His nastiest attack ended up being his 2d6 End/Stun Drain, 4 charges, continuing, 2 turn duration. Plus the requisite hand weapons, blaster pistol, rockets, bolos ect.

Going down memory lane myself:

Brick- I couldn't pick just one as a favorite. I'm currently enjoying Mole and Aquatic online, but they are on the low end of brickdom in some ways. Max Thunder was short lived, but loads of fun so possibly him, and Saint was great.

Energy Projector- Probably T.K. As a telekinetic, one could argue he's a mentalist instead, but I'd put him here. He was a cocky young thing and the first Champions character I ever played. A close runner up would be my darkness projector, Shadow Lord.

Gadgeteer- No favorite.

Martial Artist- I have the hardest time with martial artists, but probably my favorite would be Streetwise, dirty infighting as his core style.

Mentalist- Gaze. He isn't the most powerful mentalist I've played, or the most versatile in his powerset, but he's been a lot of fun to play with his tendency towards symbolist speech and background.

Metamorph- I really couldn't pick just one.

Mystic- Toss up between the Djinn, who is just what his name implies, and Mister Wyrd..."One day I hope to be DOCTOR Wyrd..."

Patriot/Avatar- I have had many NPCs of this time, but only a few PCs (partially because I'm always GMing), and I couldn't say which would be my favorite.

Powered Armor-Surge, powered armor legacy character with electrical powers in his father's power armor.

Speedster-Never got to play one as a PC that I recall. Mmm.

Weapon Master-Wildcard, used trick throwing card weapons, was off his rocker.

I'll probably include some favorite NPCs or villains I've created, since I've spent far more time GMing.

Brick: Gibraltar. Brit with density control powers. Illustration on my wall by Denis Loubet. (PC)

Energy Projector: Spectrum, Your Radioactive Pal. My first and longest-running Champions PC. Illustration on my wall also by Denis Loubet. (PC)

Gadgeteer: The Mighty Man-Frog. Not my character, a PC in one of the campaigns I ran. A gadgeteer with a frog motif. What's not to love? My one regret is that I never got to inflict Toadie, the would-be sidekick on him. (PC)

Martial Artist: Troubadour. Warrior, Poet, Lover. That's actually what his business card reads. He owns a jazz club. He's hunted by the Troubadour Revenge Squad, made up of women he's spurned over the years. He's also the best martial artist on the planet. (PC)

Mentalist: Embryo. Imagine the most powerful psionic on the planet as a very cranky baby. Embryo is a monster, plain and simple, a glowing egg-shaped force-field with an angry infantile mind powering it. (NPC Monster)

Metamorph: Captain Stretchy. Not my character, the creation of one of my players. He was an obnoxious shapeshifter, like Plastic-Man with no social skills. Rented himself out as the "Eat Me Ice Cream Blimp" to make ends meet. (PC)

Mystic: Witchfire. My wife's character, the latest in a line of witches who control a single elemental force tied to their birthsign. (PC)

Patriot/Avatar: The All-American III. Third generation patriotic hero, a cross between Doc Savage and Captain America. Unfortunately ill-suited for the game he premiered in, I later salvaged him as an NPC in my own campaign. (PC/NPC)

Powered Armor: Peacekeeper Blue, the official superhero of the UN Peacekeeping mission. The schtick was that there was only one set of armor, but a great many different pilots, a fact only known to the staff of the Peacekeeper Blue program. (NPC hero)

Speedster: Impulse. No, not that one. This one was female. And invented about fifteen years before Bart Allen. She was a speedster who got her powers via a cybernetic implant that also allowed her to communicate with computers and control machines WITH HER MIND. Which was still a fairly novel concept back in 1983. (NPC heroine)

Weapon Master: Tempest, a stone-cold Iron Age assassin nemesis. Master of a high-tech version of the Indian Madu, he's one of the top killers for hire on the planet. (NPC villain)

Brick

Energy Projector

Gadgeteer

Martial Artist

Mentalist

Metamorph

Mystic

Patriot/Avatar

Powered Armor

Speedster

Weapon Master

Brick: Most often used archetype by me. My name sake Enforcer is probably my favorite. Right up there though would be Purple Haze/Powerman.

Energy Projector: Captain Tempest. An electrical controller. Originally lacked resistant defenses. (I forgot them) and almost died in each of his first three adventures.

Gadgeteer: Blaquesmith - celtic steampunk gadgeteer.

Martial Artist: Mantis - started out as a Batman style martial arts vigilante with utility belt, motorcycle, and detective emphasis. As time went by he ended up exploring the martial arts more and more and became an Iron Fist/Shang Chi style Ch'i manipulator. Is considered Else Earth's premier martial artist. Won the Tournament of the Dragon vaulting Taiwan into geopolitical prominence.

Mentalist: Psi Queen. Think psionic herald of Galatcus. It was a high powered game. She was...difficult to deal with in most cases as she was a) frickin' powerful, B) a supergenius, and c) A tad on the arrogant side. However she was once "tricked" into partaking in a (what I assume was ment to be demeaning) cosmic bake off set up by a cooking avatar; she actually fared quite well by psionically stealing bits of inspiration from her fellow contestants. She ended up winning with a meal that consisted of barbecued ribs, roasted vegetables, angelfood cake with a beary/honey glaze, and home made beer.

Metamorph: ? Can't think of one.

Mystic: Dr. Helios; mystic avatar of Prometheus.

Patriot: Stars & Stripes. Cyborg Lightbrick. Later became a nanite colony light brick and then finally a gene vat light brick. But he's pretty darn near human again.

Powered Armor: Well, it was more like Vindicator's battlesuit than Iron Man's but Captain Blaster. It was force field based and he was... really really over the top. Because to him it was all a game.

Speedster: Never played one

Weapons Master: Does a hammer weilding brick count? If so it was Terrason, master of the Earth.

Brick: Galahad (an englishman in New York):king:

Energy Projector: Shadow Weaver (tall, dark and handsome):smoke:

Gadgeteer: -

Martial Artist: Kyle Nolan (low powered, lots of fun):cool:

Mentalist: Soulbreaker (villainess from Scotland):eg:

Metamorph: -

Mystic: Lucius (young magician of the A.D.C.):angel:

Patriot/Avatar: -

Powered Armor: Artillery (heavy gunman of The Confederates) :dyn

Speedster: Black Flash (of The Outlaws):coach:

Weapon Master: Weapon Master!!!:bmk: (of The Dakota Black Knights)

Brick - Hard to choose, but I will go with Manta, an aquatic brick I actually played as a GMPC in my Aberrant campaign. Essentially a water polo jock who got empowered in line with his enthusiasms. One of my favorite images was him "leaping" from swimming pool to swimming pool to get from one end of Los Angeles to another in a timely manner; as you might expect his major movement power was swimming.

Energy Projector - Energy Projection is generally a secondary ability of my characters. Probably the one that matches the archetype best is Anthem, who is energy thanks to a stay in a runaway nuclear reactor. Essentially absorbs all kinds of energy and dispenses all kinds of energy. Originally (as fan fiction long before RPGs) an attempt at Superman with an entirely different premise.

Gadgeteer - Not something I usually deal with. Probably my detective-chemist Doctor Darkness would be the closest thing to this archetype.

Martial Artist - In my usual way of mixing and matching archetypes, my favorite of this ilk is actually a mini-brick named Hardcase; he's a street kid with permanent growth and the ability to dense up and go desolid. His Martial art is street fighting. Second would probably be Lady Chi, a mercenary TKer who has to do martial arts katas to activate her telekinetic powers.

Mentalist - My first mentalist was Tele, another fan fiction character I turned into a Champions character. He's also another aquatic type (actually from the equivalent of Atlantis) mutated by atomic testing.

Metamorph - Rubber Baron, my M&M Plastic Man type formerly the Champions villain Rubber Robber, out on parole to be a hero to get time taken off his sentence in the Champions New Millenium world.

Mystic - Golden Angel, my gestalt (in Scott Bennie's campaign) of Heavenly Retribution.

Patriot/Avatar - Captain Liberty, my namesake for the message boards here. Equal elements of Captain America (acrobatics, shield) and Lancelot Strong, the Shield (adaptability to any environment, super strength) with a libertarian slant. Also the afore-mentioned Anthem.

Powered Armor - Psiborg, a mercenary mentalist who had major medical problems compensated for by a cybernetic suite of augmentations.

Speedster - Bullet, the pride of the Texas Titans. Originally an NPC in a campaign who became a PC when a player took him over, and then I've played in a few scenarios. Pretty straight forward.

Weapon Master - Justicar, a gun-wielding female vigilante in a world in which super powers are virtually unknown. Also Archer, a trick-arrow using "police consultant" in Steve Long's SVTF games.

I almost never play, as I am generally the only one willing to GM. So some answers will be either NPCs, or PCs my players created.

Brick - The Paladine. Originally created in Abberant. He's Nigh-Invulnerable and was greatly inspired by The Tick in terms of personality. When moved to Hero system as an NPC, his origins changed to divine empowerment. - My PC

Energy Projector - The Highwayman is the ghostly remains of a classic English rogue. He wields two plasmic flintlocks which forms from his own ectoplasm. He hasn't actually appeared in a game yet. :-( - NPC

Gadgeteer - Dr. Martini, a mastermind of great ambition. He has been a recurring villain in several games so far. Based heavily on Lex Luthor, he is quite fond of deathtraps and 'doomsday devices'. - NPC

Martial Artist - I've managed to play Senor Mysterio in at least one Con game. He is a luchadore, and Master of the Mexican Mystic Arts. - Con only PC

Mentalist - I've never been much for pure Mentalists, but my favorite is the 'villain' Simon. He's a young child in blue Osh-Kosh B'gosh and a red turtleneck with vast mental powers. "Simon says... Go get me all the candy in the world!" - NPC

Metamorph - Bingo the Clowno... He grows big. He grows small. His feet inflate and he shoots rockets from his belly button. His head inflates into a hot-air balloon with a propeller popping out the back to move him around. ( It goes *pudapudapudapuda* ) And he has a circus in his pants. No, really. - My PC

Mystic - While I'm awefully fond of Senor Mysterio above, Dr. Djinn just makes a better mystic. He's a small, ancient Hindu male with a prehensile turban, 7 magic stones for chakra magic, and a variety of other spells and incantations.

And he looks like this: 00001E0E6D-normal-sikh.jpg

- My PC

Patriot/Avatar - Its a rare archetype in most settings, it seems. I've had one player play one called Manifest Destiny, who wielded a baseball bat like Captain America wields his shield. - Other player's PC.

Powered Armor - The Judge. An octogenarian justice of the court who delivers the justice that the law cannot. He has a large power armored suit, and a rocket-boosted hammer called 'The Gavel'. - NPC

Speedster - Javaman! A young barrista who gains super-speed through the consumption of caffeine. Based heavily on a young Keanu Reeves. Woah. - My PC

Weapon Master - Mr. Clean. An aging bald janitor who rides upon a Mop of Power. Obsessed with Grime and Punishment, and lots of bad puns. A rather silly character, really, but a fun NPC to have about. His arch-enemy, the Mud Tracker, is decidedly less silly and has been an even better addition to my world. - NPC

Brick

Rampage, a light brick-martial artist combo who was a super-wrestler.

Energy Projector

Hmm. Probably my most frequent category ... I'm going to vote for Vixen on this one just for her unique sense of style (and 13 different energies).

Gadgeteer

The character I was playing when I joined the forum, Crosshair Collie. A blatant ripoff of Road Rovers' Colleen, completely with the sarcasm and smugness and accent (which annoyed people at work because I'd get STUCK IN IT for a day or so after playing).

Martial Artist

An unplayed, unnamed character sitting in an HD file, modelled from a combination of Lucario (Pokemon) and the Atsatsuken Street Fighter characters (Ryu, Ken, Akuma, etc)

Mentalist[/Quote]

From a Marvel game, Stardust (Salla) was an Inhuman who gained telepathic powers after exposure to the Terrigen Mists. After Maximus The Mad and his issues, however, telepaths were outlawed and she was abruptly exiled to Earth.

Metamorph

Haven't really done many of these ... I suppose Vixen qualifies, though.

Mystic

Not one I've really done in a way worth mentioning.

Patriot/Avatar

Vixen qualifies as an avatar (of Inari) to a degree, though she doesn't play it up.

Powered Armor

Skybolt, with a Booster Gold inspired powersuit. He was actually a mutant, but with such a limited power (short-range exhausting teleportation, inherited from his father, the Fox of Crime) that he had to use the powersuit to hold his own. Of course, since he never teleported, nobody knew he could do it, so it was an awesome surprise move.

Speedster

Never really played one.

Weapon Master

Crosshair Collie again. :)

My Characters, Favourites by Archetype:

Brick - Sunburst

Energy Projector - Guardian (II)

Gadgeteer - Grenadier

Martial Artist - Cougar

Mentalist - none

Metamorph - Roland (RCMP Mystic Faerie Gift)

Mystic - Sirius (II, Champions of the North Updated.)

Patriot/Avatar - Rogue Trooper

Powered Armor - Darkstar Deputy

Speedster - Cougar

Weapon Master - Rogue Trooper

Cheers

QM

Most of these are NPCs that I used while I GMed. Some of these are my favorite characters that I have ever made:

Brick: Kid Dynamite, who really may be an energy proj. but his invulnerability fits into this category more than that one. First character I EVER made. I remember pretending to be Kid Dynamite as a second grader.

Energy Projector: Sunstar. Firebased super hero.

Gadgeteer: Deterrent. He doesn't really fit eiter, but I can't think of another one. Deterrent is a street level vigilante who was pretty unbalanced. He was fun to play. Even my friends were surprised how sick Deterrent could get.

Martial Artist: Kid Karate. Originally a sidekick for Kid Dynamite, Kid Karate stepped out of his shadow with quite a chip on his shoulder. Became a leader of one of the top NPC teams.

Mentalist: Well... this one is easy... look at the avatar above.

Metamorph: Academy.:eg: A villain who could shape shift. We had one of the PCs former characters named Aftermath, an acid-based hero, who had been presumed dead. So they were going to make a movie about his life. Aftermath was going to be played by David Hasselhoff (inside joke). Hasselhoff was accidentally injured in the filming and wound up going crazy. Thanks to an experimental cure, Hasselhoff became capable of shape shifting and became of of the best villains ever. He even imitated Psybolt once, causing the PCs to be scared that it was the real Psybolt.

Mystic: Our Sorcerer Supreme is called Sebastion DeClercq.

Patriot/Avatar: Patriot. He was my Captain America.

Powered Armor: None

Speedster: Jamm is really more of a high DEX character... He was a character I played in a campaign and his powers were slowly killing him. And eventually it did.

Weapon Master: Rapier. A character I played in a super villain campaign. He was a mater swordsman.

Brick : Scales, though he fits into Mystic as well

Energy Projector : Blazer, musician and blaster.

Gadgeteer : Ice Pirate, alien goofball really

Martial Artist : Calico, feline psychopath

Mentalist : Spectrum, really defined in Zornwil's game.

Metamorph : Mr. Putty, in Zornwil's villain game. Pheromone's that make everyone like him and shape shifting.

Powered Armor : Mad Bomber, one of my first characters. Worked much better as a villain...

Speedster : Road Runner

Weapon Master : Ice Pirate again...

I've only have 4 core Champions characters, though I have a whole slew made up and perhaps played them once or twice.

My first character that introduced me to the game was Ghost Rider, yeah the one from Marvel. I would classify him as an EB for the most part. He gave up his powers to save the team from something really bad that I can no longer remember. The one thing I do remember is that the GM was shocked that someone voluntarily gave up their superpowers.

The next character was a brick, Plex, my favorite character. They were twins that could combine into one really tough brick or stay separate and still be tough. This got really interesting when Plex got a 6 speed. I would then have a character that could effectively move all 12 phases. One twin was killed by Destroyer and the other twin beat the snot out of Destroyer after that. He thought he had killed Dr D, but in reality Destroyer took the dead twins body and changed bodies. After that, things got really dark and Iron Age in our campaign. Especially since the Plex that lived got mean, really mean. (He was the jokester of the group.)

I also played a Mystic master based around Modred- another character ripped from Marvel- who eventually went back to Avalon. (The GM didn't know what to do with him once I got the 100 VMP changable at will, so I had a choice of sending him there or getting him killed.)

My last character was a Mentalist called Mindstar- an American Indian who in his secret Id was a doctor to super powered beings. He accidentally killed someone with his ego blast and eventually stopped using his powers because he was afraid he would accidentally kill again. He ended up turning into the base NPC doctor.

I tried my hand at Dark Champions when it first came out, playing a gadgeteer/martial artist called the Executioner, yeah really original there. I played him for a year, but was never really into the character. I don't know if it was the character specifically or the genre. So I guess I played 5 characters, not 4 like I said earlier. But I really don't count this one since I didn't like him all that much.

BrickThor, yes, the Marvel version of Thor, ran him for a couple of years and had a great time with him too.

Energy Projector – Although most of my characters have good abilities in this area, none of them are classic Energy Projectors. I’d guess that Centurion probably comes closest.

GadgeteerNighthawk, my Nighthawk, not the guy with the duck on his head. Although being a Batman clone he also qualifies as a Martial Artist, he usually relied a bit more on his utility belt.

Martial Artist – Again I rarely ran a straight Martial Artist but Nighthawk, Patriot and, to a certain degree, Longbow, could fit in here.

Mentalist – never ran one.

Metamorph – never ran one.

Mystic – The closest thing I had to a mystic would have to be Doctor Polaris, a powered armor user who backed up the armor with substantial mystical powers.

Patriot/Avatar – This would have to be Patriot, the WWI war hero, and Pulp era adventurer who went on to become the game world’s Captain America.

Powered ArmorCenturion, it has to be Centurion. I waited nearly 10 years to be able to finally play him and then did so for 7 more years.

Speedster – never ran one, although I did build one called Greased Lightning, I never got the chance to play him.

Weapon Master – The closest I had to this would have been Longbow, but again, I never got the chance to play him.

Brick - Hard to call. My current fave is a GMPC Ingot. Imagine Ben Grimm made o' metal.

Energy Projector - Horus the Avenger, essentially an Egyptian Thor. How can you not like spouting lines like "You now face the talon of Osirus!"

Gadgeteer - Never had a chance to play a pure Gadgeteer.

Martial Artist - Hellion, a Martial Artist by default. A street thug cursed with immortality seeking redemption.

Mentalist - Never played one, but Rec's Gaze is my favorite one I've ever seen played.

Metamorph - See Patriot

Mystic - Too many to name. A few...Magenta, the sexy sorceress who knows she's hot; Santeria, a sexy sorceress with deep religious conviction and an underlying passions; Lady Luck, the mystical embodiement of Las Vegas; Barriel the Drunken Angel, like one of the angels from Dogma, a lot more easy going; John 'Tex Arcanna' Montegue, imagine Val Kilmer's Doc Holiday as a wizard.

Patriot - I have a whole team of each one of these archetypes with the Patriot package, Team S.P.I.R.I.T., DOSPAs strike team.

Powered Armor - Winterhawk, natch.

Speedster - Haven't done one I like yet.

Weaponmaster - None other than the roof running, swashbuckling, doer of daring the Stupendous Slyfox!

Brick

Energy Projector

Gadgeteer

Martial Artist

Mentalist

Metamorph

Mystic

Patriot/Avatar

Powered Armor

Speedster

Weapon Master

My personal favorites:

Brick - Immobilon. I based his powers on those of the Blob, but I gave him a trim figure and a good brain. He was an Aussie-born PI in his secret ID. Since he could only move slowly (1"/phase) when his powers were active, he billed himself as "the world's slowest superhero."

Energy Projector - Captain Photon. High-flash master of light, with all of the corniness that entails. The fun of it is that the other characters are all fully aware of his corniness, and often I played him that way too. I loved the character enough that I once wrote four issues of a comic book around him. (I've long since lost the scripts, though I'd happily rewrite his adventures if someone were to express interest in drawing them.)

Gadgeteer, Martial Artist, Patriot, Powered Armor, and Weapon Master - Captain Glory fits all of these categories. He started out as just plain Frank Lewis, with a long list of skills, a competent level of Martial Arts, and a handgun. After several months, in order to better fit in, he developed his Captain Glory persona, creating a simple suit of armor, a motorcycle, and a high-tech gun (he had lots of Experience, plus the GM allowed some new Hunteds he'd gathered in-game to help pay for it all). After a while longer he created a second super-persona, Shaleesh Kavod, a powered-armor mercenary he used to infiltrate the supervillain scene (and nobody ever noticed that Shaleesh Kavod is "Captain Glory" in Hebrew).

Mentalist - Mental Man. All the standard Mentalist abilities in a Valley Boy/Surfer Dude persona. "Can you relate to that?"

Metamorph - The Creature. This was from a game where the GM decided we should all play ourselves as our heroes' secret IDs, but bring in whatever Powers we want. I gave myself a bracer that allowed me to become a big, muscular, blue-furred, four-armed creature for up to 24 hours, though I had to wait another 24 hours before doing so again. (For several reasons I won't be using this character even if I do get to audition for Who Wants to Be a Superhero?)

Mystic - I've never cared much for this archetype, at least not for a PC.

Speedster - Though I do like speedster PCs, I just happen to have never played one.

Brick:

I love the character I'm playing right now. He is BASTION (Dr. Sebastian Castle) a scientist who has harnessed the power of quantum chromodynamics to alter his size, from microscopic to gigantic. It's great fun to play a really smart Brick (who can also explore the mysteries of the Microverse).

Energy Projector:

Perhaps my greatest character was a synthezoid named GAUSS (after Johann Carl Friedrich Gauss - Arguably the Father of Magnetism... Both Gauss eventually lived and worked in the St. Louis metropolitan area as well - There are still those that believe that the GAUSS synthezoid was built by Gauss himself). He had magnetic abilities (obviously) :)

Gadgeteer:

I've not played too many of these guys.

Martial Artist:

QUIRK... Definitely QUIRK. He was a comicbook fans dream (or perhaps nightmare) combining aspects of Nightcrawler, Joker, Indiana Jones (and The Mask though I had no Idea of who the mask was back then). By donning a theatrical smiling mask uncovered at the archeological dig of the newly discovered Rose Theatre (outside London), our hero was transformed into a mythical being with incredible acrobatics, ambidexterity, martial arts, supernatural contortionism, teleportation and a white mime face with a Venom-like smile. He was truly an Iron Age character, ever on the edge of villainy himself. He was very close to one of my all-time favorites The Creeper.

Mentalist:

Never allowed to go there.

Metamorph:

Does Bastion's size manipulation powers apply here?

Mystic:

Nope. Though I have an NPC named Spellbinder (created as a player character in the 80's by one of my oldest friends) who is pretty cool.

Patriot/Avatar:

The SLIVER ARCHER! He was a paranormal U.S. Martial tasked with the protection of St. Louis from evil. (Silver ARCHer..., get it??? :rolleyes:). More than a regular bowman the Silver Archer possessed the ability to pass on biological charges to his arrows (similar to Gambit's ability to charge items/playing cards). Upon Silver Archer's blunt arrows hitting their intended target they would disintegrate but deliver their specific SUPRESSION charge. Suppress Stun, Suppress Fire, Suppress whatever... Silver Archer had a Suppression Variable Power Pool (or something like that). Though the dice of his suppressions were limited their diversity were not. He was a VERY potent character. Silver Archer was a Normal Human otherwise, highly skilled in Martial Arts and swing-line movement. It was GREAT fun to play a REAL good guy!!!

Powered Armor:

Though I made him for another player... DJINN (a super-science suit based on the mythical creature) will always be a favorite of mine. His entire concept is grounded on the power of compressed air. How hard can air get? Well, we know that he can use it to... wait for it... BLOW YOU AWAY!!! :)

Speedster:

Elijah Rhodes (Elijah, based on the biblical Elijah who is also equated with the Archangel Sandalphon whose four wing beats will carry him to any part of the earth:angel:. Rhoads as in Roads, heh). Rhodes was the lone Jew in a Christian dominated dark-future where the leading super team was a Catholic sponsored super-team called The Paladin Project. With others Rhodes created his own super team called the Justice Knights.

It was just soooo much fun playing a speedster. No other character archetype has as much potential to work with their environment as the speedster. It's funny how much faster I had to think while playing Rhodes. :think:

Weapon Master:

Nope

Martial Artist:

QUIRK... Definitely QUIRK. He was a comicbook fans dream (or perhaps nightmare) combining aspects of Nightcrawler, Joker, Indiana Jones (and The Mask though I had no Idea of who the mask was back then). By donning a theatrical smiling mask uncovered at the archeological dig of the newly discovered Rose Theatre (outside London), our hero was transformed into a mythical being with incredible acrobatics, ambidexterity, martial arts, supernatural contortionism, teleportation and a white mime face with a Venom-like smile. He was truly an Iron Age character, ever on the edge of villainy himself.

Great concept. Consider it stolen for an NPC idea. Repped.

TN Lung: Brick/Energy Projector

Riptide: Speedster

Hellfire: Energy Projector/Brick

The Wizard of Oz Incorporated: Gadgeteer

Tin Man: Brick (under the Wizard's control)

Moonchild: Mentalist

D'Arc: Energy Projector

Phreak: Metamorph

Templar: Weapons Master

Joe Boggs: Brick/Mentalist (Well, he was a vampire)

Brigade: Power Armour

Brick - Swarm: A shrinking brick that could fly while shrunk (I LOVE the Yellowjacket costume)

Energy Projector - Nexus: He was sort of an Energy Projecting birck. I liked his background more than anything.

Gadgeteer - Hy-Tek: I never got the chance to play him, but I created him for Simon and Utech's online game at HERO Central. The premise of the game is a group of heroes are hopping through dimensions a-la Sliders. The concept was that he USED to be a power armored character, but he'd been hopping around so much, he couldn't repair it fully anymore, but would use what was left as spare parts (VPP changed in lab).

Martial Artist Nemesis: There really are WAY too many for me to pick just one, but I played this one for quite some time. Basically he had CSL's the longer he fought someone the more he got against them.

Mentalist Trigon: Based off the villain in DC Comics. He was a demon fighting bad guys for his own reasons. He had a really weak Autofire EGO Blast, that I just dug.

Metamorph Vanguard: Basically T2. It was the visuals I thought of for this character. Turn his hand into a sword punch through a wall, then "ooze" through the wall, and reform. The part that punched through the wall would hit the ground and become his foot...hard to explain, but I could visualize it.

Patriot/Avatar Liberator: When Captain America became The Captain with the black suit, I really dug that uniform. Liberator was in a Days of Future's Past game and was basically Captain America but a mutant (I was too young to realize it would have been cool to play him as a human helping the mutants.)

Powered Armor - Felix/The Machine: The character I finally ended up going with in Simon and Utech's Hero Central campaign.

Speedster - Velocity: Was a teenager in a serious group of adults. I loved the interactions more so than the actual power set.

Weapon Master - Moon Knight: Yeah yeah blatant rip off, I love 'em so sue me.