Top Signs that you need to rethink your GMing.

Weldun

Re: Top Signs that you need to rethink your GMing.

... when your players lock you out of the room and wave their burning character sheets at you thru the window.

I was quite upset - even more so when the University fire alarms went off - but I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised. Team Demolition existed to break modules, and GMs.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

:nonp:

Which movie? (Please don't say "The English Patient", or worse, the "Lord of the Rings" marathon).

It was a long time ago.. Film was called "They Live"

But for the record.. when I had returned..it still wasn't my move yet...and I had not been skipped......

If you're both GMing and hosting the game, and you spend more time making hors d'œuvres than preparing the adventure.

If you never acknowledge that the rules lawyers are right and admit that you've made a mistake.

If you always give in to the rules lawyers and admit that you've made a mistake.

If your adventures are so derivative that all the players know your plots, including the 'twists', five minutes into every game session.

If your players start asking, "You're a big fan of Quesada, aren't you?"

but also as being in a tight' date=' dark tunnel, that seals up behind them as they go.[/quote']

Then with any luck you are playing Horror Hero. ;)

Rethink your GM'ing when:

Everyone brings at least three 'backup' characters to every game- and expects to use them.

You keep a mental score of pc deaths vs' npc deaths (mooks are worth 1/10th of a pc). If you arent winning bad things happen to dnpc's.

You think you are a perfect GM. All problems with the game arent your fault now are they?

The mooks beat your pc's in one phase.

You let pc's have suitcase nukes (NEVER do this, only point iam making that comes from personal experience) :straight::o

The players have more fun attacking each other than any encounter you've given them.

This happened last Friday night. Best session yet. Result: three new characters need to be created for this week. Best part, three of our players were absent. Their heads are going to explode when we try to explain what happened :D

The poor DM was so flustered trying desperately not to kill us all I felt bad for him. Problem is, he's a very nice guy, and pretty creative, but a horrid DM.

...If your players start asking' date=' "You're a big fan of Quesada, aren't you?"[/quote']:lol: Ouch!

Your players call an encounter with Vlad the Impaler riding on a Tarrasque and accompanied by three mutated Plutonium Dragons "a nice and considerably not over-the-top warm-up to start the adventure" and get out their folders with back-up characters - as usual.