Songs that inspire(d) you to make a Champions Character

Hermit

Re: Songs that inspire(d) you to make a Champions Character

I have done a character inspired by Veteran of the Psychic Wars. His name was curse. A mentalist of course. He had been a psychic warrior in an ancient land we might call Atlantis or Babylon before it fell. He was buried alive forced himself into a psychic sleep that lasted over two thousand until he was finally awoken in the 20th century a shrivled husk of the mind he had once been, but utterly uncanny in psychic combat. Psychic martial arts anyone?

You see me now a veteran of a thousand psychic wars.

I've been livin' on the edge so long, where the winds of limbo roar.

Sniff... that brings back memories.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*wonders if Dan will sic the baboons on this poor poor soul now*:nonp:

Dan's got baboons!? They better be Slavishly Loyal to get through the snow we got today. Freeze their hairless fannies off, they will.

But anyway, Sweet Dreams by Eurythmics would be good inspiration. Anything by Queen. Had an NPC called Material Girl who could make diamond constructs. Most of They Might be Giants' catalog would work. Aqualung "Sitting on a parkbench, eying little girls with bad intent." Lots of Heart songs would work well, even past the obvious ones like Barracuda and Magic Man.

I often made mine simply off of the song titles. And to tell the truth it started with the Kilroy was Here Tour that killed my favorite band. :(

I've found my write ups for the characters and...well, they are old and need to be cleaned up. So now I have a project for the weekend. Gonna take a while but there will soon be another hodge podge Enforcer84 character thread and it's all Hermit's fault.

:D

Many times.

The song "Blaze of Glory" from the soundtrack Young Guns inspired Blaze, my cosmic energy wielder.

Songs have inspired background, or helped spice them up0. I just did a minor retcon of my mentlaist Seer's background based of the song "Who Knew" by Pink--did a piece as a flashback, intertwining the lyrics as part of the post in the play by email thread.

The California Cruiser is pretty much surfer music made into a surfer super hero.

"Princes of the Universe" by Queen helped establish a theme and feel for my Stellar Knights PBEM.

A Lot of the Who music went into a NPC group for my PBEM as well.

Sometimes, lacking inspiration, I just grab some CD's, get them going, open up hero designer, and then i see what happens. Maybe some day I'll take musical requests and see what characters emerge. :)

Not so much the song, but the animated short that was created for the Daicon IV convention opening ceremonies (which used the ELO song Twilight) motivated me to write up a girl dressed up like a playboy bunny who was a martial artist/brick...who surfs on a flying sword.

Not so much the song, but the animated short that was created for the Daicon IV convention opening ceremonies (which used the ELO song Twilight) motivated me to write up a girl dressed up like a playboy bunny who was a martial artist/brick...who surfs on a flying sword.

And so a scene from FLCL makes perfect sense now.

Either its a great coincidence and someone on City of Heroes shared your inspiration ..or its a very small world :)

I'm going to work up a bunch of characters based on Celine Dion songs. And then kill them all in the most brutal was possible.

Can you do Britney Spears songs next? I'll give you Rep.

Can you do Britney Spears songs next? I'll give you Rep.

Done and done.

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

10 STR 0 11- Lift 100.0kg; 2d6

13 DEX 9 12- OCV: 4/DCV: 4

10 CON 0 11-

8 BODY -4 11-

8 INT -2 11- PER Roll 11-

8 EGO -4 11- ECV: 3

13 PRE 3 12- PRE Attack: 2 1/2d6

12 COM 1 11-

2 PD 0 Total: 2 PD (0 rPD)

2 ED 0 Total: 2 ED (0 rED)

2 SPD 0 Phases: 6, 12

4 REC 0

20 END 0

18 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 3

Movement: Running: 6"/12"

Leaping: 2"/4"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Perks

6 Money: Wealthy

3 Reputation: The greatest singer ever! (A small to medium sized group) 11-, +3/+3d6

Notes: Young girls, idiots without musical taste, Chris Crocker

32 Weasely hangers-on, posse members, people to get drunk with, and PR people: Follower

Skills

3 PS: Performer 12-

1 PS: Parent 8-

Notes: I should be able to buy this down from 8- to do it accurately.

10 PS: Disgusting, Vagina-Flashing Drunken Skank 19-

Notes: Goes without saying.

3 Seduction 12-

Notes: If there's one thing she's probably good at . . .

2 KS: Like, clubs and stuff 11-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 60

Total Cost: 63

200+ Disadvantages

30 Vulnerability: 2 x BODY Killing Attacks (Very Common)

Notes: Wishful thinking . . .

30 Accidental Change: Within 50 feet of alcohol or drugs . . . becomes a drunken skank Always (Very Common)

20 Dependent NPC: Whatever those completely screwed little kids are called 8- (Incompetent; Group DNPC: x2 DNPCs)

10 Reputation: That crazy skank who shaved her head and lost her kids to Kevin Federline. Kevin Federline was a better choice as a parent . . . yeesh., 11-

10 Distinctive Features: She has showed her vagina enough for it to count here, right? (Easily Concealed; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

15 Hunted: The media 14- (Less Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching)

20 Psychological Limitation: Pretty much completely insane (Very Common, Strong)

5 Rivalry: Professional (Other manufactured pop bimbos), Rival is As Powerful, Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival, Rival Aware of Rivalry

Total Disadvantage Points: 63

Background/History: You can take the girl out of the trailer, but . . .

Personality/Motivation:

Quote:

Powers/Tactics:

Campaign Use:

Appearance:

Done and done.

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

10 STR 0 11- Lift 100.0kg; 2d6

13 DEX 9 12- OCV: 4/DCV: 4

10 CON 0 11-

8 BODY -4 11-

8 INT -2 11- PER Roll 11-

8 EGO -4 11- ECV: 3

13 PRE 3 12- PRE Attack: 2 1/2d6

12 COM 1 11-

2 PD 0 Total: 2 PD (0 rPD)

2 ED 0 Total: 2 ED (0 rED)

2 SPD 0 Phases: 6, 12

4 REC 0

20 END 0

18 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 3

Movement: Running: 6"/12"

Leaping: 2"/4"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Perks

6 Money: Wealthy

3 Reputation: The greatest singer ever! (A small to medium sized group) 11-, +3/+3d6

Notes: Young girls, idiots without musical taste, Chris Crocker

32 Weasely hangers-on, posse members, people to get drunk with, and PR people: Follower

Skills

3 PS: Performer 12-

1 PS: Parent 8-

Notes: I should be able to buy this down from 8- to do it accurately.

10 PS: Disgusting, Vagina-Flashing Drunken Skank 19-

Notes: Goes without saying.

3 Seduction 12-

Notes: If there's one thing she's probably good at . . .

2 KS: Like, clubs and stuff 11-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 60

Total Cost: 63

200+ Disadvantages

30 Vulnerability: 2 x BODY Killing Attacks (Very Common)

Notes: Wishful thinking . . .

30 Accidental Change: Within 50 feet of alcohol or drugs . . . becomes a drunken skank Always (Very Common)

20 Dependent NPC: Whatever those completely screwed little kids are called 8- (Incompetent; Group DNPC: x2 DNPCs)

10 Reputation: That crazy skank who shaved her head and lost her kids to Kevin Federline. Kevin Federline was a better choice as a parent . . . yeesh., 11-

10 Distinctive Features: She has showed her vagina enough for it to count here, right? (Easily Concealed; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

15 Hunted: The media 14- (Less Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching)

20 Psychological Limitation: Pretty much completely insane (Very Common, Strong)

5 Rivalry: Professional (Other manufactured pop bimbos), Rival is As Powerful, Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival, Rival Aware of Rivalry

Total Disadvantage Points: 63

Background/History: You can take the girl out of the trailer, but . . .

Personality/Motivation:

Quote:

Powers/Tactics:

Campaign Use:

Appearance:

Repped. :D

On Dr.Demento there was this song called "Let's Blow Up the Tow Truck" by Krypton. I made Krypton into an armored hero who's suit had a base powered armor unit modified with parts from an old tow truck (those free rolling wheels put under a car's front end and a launchable hook and cable system). I also gave him anti-tech missiles that did between 2d6 and 5d6 RKA depending on how technologically advanced the target was (human, even mutated human like Grond) did 2d6, basic technology (kevlar armor) 3d6, modern/near future technology (most vehicles, basic Viper armor) 4d6, advanced technology (supervillain armor, alien armor, any powered armor) 5d6.

I'm also considering a "hero" based on Tom Smith's "Rocket Ride". The song is about the golden age of sci-fi movies where the villains had a sense of honor and fair play. The character is a villain from one of these pulp sci-fi worlds. He, his archenemy the hero Dan Steel, and Steel's girlfriend Penny Pureheart wind up in the Champions universe and get a dose of life there. Penny makes the comment that compared to the villains there, my character is a virtual hero! An accident happened on the way back forcing my character to stay behind to insure Dan and Penny returned, because only one person is allowed to kill Dan! Now stranded in a gritier world, he takes Penny's comment seriously and became a hero even though his behavior hasn't changed much. He still wants to rule the world and kill Dan, but he wants his subjects to respect him of their own free will and admit he is superior.