I bought me some Stronghold!

Boll Weevil

Re: I bought me some Stronghold!

I ordered it four minutes ago from the Online Store. Now if you'll excuse me' date=' I thought I heard a UPS truck outside!!! Soon I will be able to run that Cinemax late night-inspired Super Caged Heat campaign with Howler and Scorpia. Woo hoo![/quote']

Are you looking for new players for your campaign? :love:

The Good: Excellent treatment of the legal process that a superhero has to deal with, from before the trial to the time of incarceration. Well-thought out design for a superhero prison, with the reasoning behind it. The villain writeups (including a few old favorites). Changing Stronghold to fit your own campaign. Plus, for those who want something different, guidelines on how to create your own superprison. Finally, for those who want inspiration, there is a big list of the current occupants of Stronghold. If nothing else, the summary of villains may spark some ideas for your own campaign (such as Neanderthal - the so-called "Living Caveman", a low-powered brick)

The Bad: I was not fond of the power negators - it seemed to be a one-size-fits-all solution that handwaves the neutralization of powers. To be fair, Steve mentions other options in the "Changing Stronghold" section. There are no pictures of the Stronghold robots - something that you'd want a visual aid for in a Stronghold adventure. Finally, as a matter of personal preference, I would have liked to see a way for supervillains to retain a Secret Identity...given the rate of capture that occurs in most Champions games, very few villains will have a Secret ID.

The Ugly: There are a few formatting errors - the most notable being a sentence on page 65 of the PDF blending over into the new section on page 66. There's also some odd areas of white space that could have easily been filled with more text instead of leaving them blank. By and large, though, these problems are minor.

I ordered it four minutes ago from the Online Store. Now if you'll excuse me' date=' I thought I heard a UPS truck outside!!! Soon I will be able to run that Cinemax late night-inspired Super Caged Heat campaign with Howler and Scorpia. Woo hoo![/quote']

i skimmed it at my FLGS, looked thin for the cover price and not what i needed

Looking forward to other input

So who all is in Stronghold? :)

Reese Witherspoon and some guy with dark hair who was in that movie with the other guy.. At least that is who is in the stupid thing my wife ordered. I'll let you know when it comes. In the mean time I have been re(reading) my old 1981 Escape from Stronghold supplement, wringing my hands and laughing maniacally. OMG, Insectoid just ate the warden!

Finally, as a matter of personal preference, I would have liked to see a way for supervillains to retain a Secret Identity...given the rate of capture that occurs in most Champions games, very few villains will have a Secret ID.

That's something I've always wondered about myself.

Reese Witherspoon and some guy with dark hair who was in that movie with the other guy.. At least that is who is in the stupid thing my wife ordered. I'll let you know when it comes. In the mean time I have been re(reading) my old 1981 Escape from Stronghold supplement' date=' wringing my hands and laughing maniacally. OMG, Insectoid just ate the warden![/quote']

You have the old Escape from Stronghold as well? Most excellent! Let me... I mean all of us know how they compare. :P

Re: I now have me some Stronghold!

YAY!

I bet Tina slipped in the magazine for you. Check for a file in the cake.

Yes, I think the $50 special at Hero Games has turned into an opportunity for Tina to clean out a bunch of old games hanging around the the warehouse, or possibly Tina's house.

Last time I got an Agent X card game and book. What the heck is that anyway? It ain't Hero swag...