A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Theron

Re: A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Splinter

[ATTACH]31597[/ATTACH]

I can't stop myself! I blame DusterBoy and bubba smith for encouraging me to do more characters. By the way, thanks to everybody that complimented me on the pics.

Great work! :thumbup:

(Shouldn't April be smiling, though? Or is that only in the animated series?)

Rep when I can, for the whole body of work.

Thanks. And I have the same problem - I'd rep you because I really like the members of O.R.C.A. but I have to spread it around first.

As for April, she's not smiling because she wasn't smiling in the pic I used as a reference. And the best I could do for Casey was that spiked club - I figure it looks enough like a baseball bat. I had to leave out things for Bebop and Rocksteady too and probably won't be able to do the Turtles. I'm not sure about Shredder but I might give it a shot.

Okay Burrito, you got me.:thumbup: I don't want to ruin your little TMNT project, but as you said you would probably not be able to do the turtles, I wanted to participate. The turtles are quite a challenge, especially without using any Photoshop. Here's a first draft. You could probably do something about the head (positioning, size etc.).

attachment.php?attachmentid=31608&stc=1&d=1242373520

Today's member of O. R. C. A. (the Ocean Rescue and Conservation Armada):

He was a brilliant young scientist with a promising career with the Soviet Navy. But with the dissolution of he USSR and the cutbacks in its successor, the Russian military machine, he soon found his funding cut off and his project destined for the scrap heap. So he did what a lot of people in the Soviet war machine did in those days--he went mercenary. VIPER was only too happy to bankroll his latest project: a super-suit designed for underwater operations and combat. Alas, while VIPER had the money, its leadership was far less stable than his old employer's had been. He was bounced from nest to nest and lab to lab for years, until finally he finished his prototype. The leadership at VIPER was impressed with his work--so impressed that they decided to take possession of the suit and kill him. Deducing his superiors' plans, he launched a preemptive strike and leveled the base before leaving. He spent the next few years working as a mercenary, until he was recruited by Killer Whale. Now he is O.R.C.A.'s chief tech expert, as well as a member of the combat team. He is:

attachment.php?attachmentid=31593&stc=1&d=1242309124

Alfa!

Nice outfit. I like it.

Okay Burrito, you got me.:thumbup: I don't want to ruin your little TMNT project, but as you said you would probably not be able to do the turtles, I wanted to participate. The turtles are quite a challenge, especially without using any Photoshop. Here's a first draft. You could probably do something about the head (positioning, size etc.).

attachment.php?attachmentid=31608&stc=1&d=1242373520

That looks pretty good. I was mainly confused on how to get the right shape for the head and how to do the shell. I suppose I could just stretch the head sideways now that I think about it. But I want to know what your secret is for making the shell. It looks great. :thumbup:

By the way, I've been meaning to compliment you on your Celtic series. I especially enjoy the Fomorian. And since there are so many kinds of Fomors, you should do more. I'd especially like to see the kind that only has one arm and one leg. Let's see you do that if you're so smart. :D

Oh Thanks. The shell is the armor breastplate and two seperate shoulder pieces, laid in the background. That's all. Pretty simple, eh?

For the Fomorians: I don't have that much information on them, so I just go with what I come up with. Is there a website, where I can find more?

There's a short article about Fomors on Wikipedia, of course, but it's not very detailed. I got my information from the book Celtic Myth and Legends by Charles Squire. I used to have a copy until a "friend" disappeared with it so I couldn't tell you much more than that bit I mentioned and the other thing I remember, which is that a lot of Fomors had human bodies and animal heads. Usually snake heads but also bull heads like the Minotaur. Hopefully that helps.

Today's member of O.R.C.A. (the Ocean Rescue and Conservation Armada):

Exactly how she got her powers, only she really knows. But her powers are impressive. She can control the flow of water, up to and including ocean currents. Using her control over water, she can propel herself through the seas, drag men to the depths to drown, call upon powerful waves to strike landbound targets, and even sink large ships--all of which she has done in the service of O.R.C.A. The sea is her home, and she'll destroy anyone or anything she sees as a threat to it. She is:

attachment.php?attachmentid=31618&stc=1&d=1242487997

Riptide!

Thank you! I have one more team member to post, plus a couple of pics of agents. Once that's all done, I think it would be really cool if someone with better image manipulation / editing / Photoshop skills than mine (which wouldn't be hard, since mine are practically nonexistent) would make a 'group portrait' of them all. There would be Rep in it for someone, if they were interested....

badger.png

Badger

Recently I was watching a program about the siege of Wounded Knee on PBS, which of course got me thinking about a Native American group. Wind Walker and now Badger have come to life a little (drawings only). Naturally they're closely based on the X-men.

badger.png

Badger

Recently I was watching a program about the siege of Wounded Knee on PBS, which of course got me thinking about a Native American group. Wind Walker and now Badger have come to life a little (drawings only). Naturally they're closely based on the X-men.

Badger looks a little like an alternate version of Dark Claw. :dyn

The Council

The Council is a group of archeologists and their staff, who while searching for ruins in Egypt, the group discovered a tremendous find. An underground series of tunnels that led into a large chamber. Inside the chamber, each man and woman on the team was attacked by a mysterious mist.

When the group awakened, they discovered that they had been changed. Each person had been possessed by a spirit of an Egyptian god, and they had new powers and abilities.

Except one... Chalese Barr-Thorne, the wife of expedition leader Jensen Thorne, was dead. The beautiful young woman's death filled her husband with anger and feeling of revenge, though he was at a loss where to direct it. Forming the group, Jensen Thorne, who renamed himself Osiris, led the Council on a violent path of vengeance and terror in the world.

OSIRIS

Osiris.jpg?t=1242606749

rest to come

Anubis

Matt Auna was the doctor on the trip with the rest of the crew in search of mysterious ruins in Egypt. He was changed, dramatically after being exposed to the mist in the tunnels they had discovered.

sorry, but the hair is here again...

Anubis.jpg

My first attempt.

attachment.php?attachmentid=31631&stc=1&d=1242650429

This is for a new PC in my game, an angel who originally sided with Satan, but then felt remorse and changed back before the sides were finalized. He's now doomed to walk the earth with mortals. Largely based on Christopher Walken's character from The Prophesy.

There's a short article about Fomors on Wikipedia' date=' of course, but it's not very detailed. I got my information from the book [i']Celtic Myth and Legends[/i] by Charles Squire... a lot of Fomors had human bodies and animal heads. Usually snake heads but also bull heads like the Minotaur. Hopefully that helps.

So, the Fomorians were furries?

sakhmet.png

Sakhmet

I'm not stealing you thunder Psybolt. I actually wrote up a NPC called Sakhmet. You did show me how to make it look great. :)

Nice job on Sakhmet!