Your first question

JmOz

It is my belief that MOST of us started our relationship with the hero boards because of a question we had, I wonder if you remember what your first question for the boards was, and if so, what was it

Mine was that I was working on a GL/Darkstar clone based on a pic in 4th edition (Guy flying out of a space station in Power armor), I wanted to give him faster than sound but slower than light speed and could not figure out how to do it on the 250 point budget of the day...

The answer was the not yet official Megascale movement...

Re: Your first question

My first question was also the first thread I started. I needed assistance recreating the Shockwave power from TUB in Hero Designer. I couldn't get Explosion to show up under Naked Advantage. Monolith jumped in and got me straightened out after a few posts back and forth.

It was one of two questions, but I don't remember which came first:

- I wanted my character Chimera to have the ability to run at cheetah like speeds, but only while on all fours. I figured since he couldn't use his hands while doing so that this was worth a limitation of some kind. Folks suggested I buy extra inches of Running with Gestures (Both Hands Throughout) limitation.

- The first character I ever played was a large brick with demonic wings. I wanted advice on how to build his ability to protect people with his wigs, either by wrapping them around a person or simply throwing them out to create a wall of impenetrable demon flesh. Suggestions included Armor UBO, Force Wall, Missile Deflection, Stretching and Extra Limbs.

From what I can find it seems I was on the boards for 6 weeks before I asked a question about gaming. It was about how to handle accidentally having captured two PCs in a VIPER trap. I got some good suggestions and, IIRC, I used a bit from each suggestion in the following game sessions.

When is Fifth edition coming out?

Can we get a reprint of the BBB while waiting for 5th?

Do you have any of the BBB in stock?

Is 5th coming out this year?

Does anyone have a BBB they'd be willing to part with? Mine disintegrated!

Or something like that.

My first question.

I never found a really good answer to this either.

:rolleyes:

Not gonna raise the dead ... fast answer:

We're getting there in our Star Hero campaign - low level type powers but not Superheroic level.

Heroic Talents (essentially very Limited Powers) that must fit a Character Schtick.

I have absolutely no idea - shows how important it must have been to me. I'm amazed that some of you with such high post counts remember the event!

I thought I'd go back and find out but though I know I joined in 2003 I cant actually find a way of finding that post...

Doc

I have absolutely no idea - shows how important it must have been to me. I'm amazed that some of you with such high post counts remember the event!

I thought I'd go back and find out but though I know I joined in 2003 I cant actually find a way of finding that post...

Doc

I had to go back and look.

Do an Advanced Search, by user-name, any date and sort by Ascending Order.

I had to go back and look.

Do an Advanced Search, by user-name, any date and sort by Ascending Order.

D'oh! I kept running into the 1000 post limit on the search. I completely failed to understand the importance of listing from the bottom up....

:o

Doc

We talking this particular board or one of the ancient ones? Heck' date=' I'm still on the mailing list...[/quote']

Well...I was thinking one of the ancient ones when I gave my original question (Ask Foxbat was the forum I think I posted it in...)

As for how I remember, it was my gateway into the best online community I have ever seen, so it stuck in my head...

Well, upon searching I see I misremembered, although I was right that it was about my character Chimera.

My first post, on Sept 11th of 2003.

The Cheetah Speed thing was actually my third post.

I didn't post my demonic bricks wing tricks question until October 28th.

Oddly enough, I played my brick long before I ever found a game for Chimera.

My buddy Savinien had started posting a bunch of the write-ups from the RC Universe (which I built, and he ran in for a while) and I signed on so I could check out the responses he was getting. My first question was about the authorship about one of the pieces that he couldn't have written, and which I didn't recall.

The first thread I ever started was in the NGD forum and was about the price of mixed drinks. (Four identical shots, came to something like $3.625 each.)

Well...I was thinking one of the ancient ones when I gave my original question (Ask Foxbat was the forum I think I posted it in...)

As for how I remember, it was my gateway into the best online community I have ever seen, so it stuck in my head...

Other than the mailing list that started because of the champions video game (#1) and some usenet stuff, didn't get on an official hero thing until somewhere in the mid-90s.