I have Toy Dinosaurs but no Plot - Help!!

assault

OK, I've got a few Heroclix miniatures, and six plastic dinosaurs - bigger than velociraptors, but smaller than tyrannosaurs. "Just right", in other words.

All I need is a scenario... Any ideas?

Subtlety is not required. :)

I suppose I could dig out a few civilians, if necessary. They wouldn't be in quite the right scale, but who cares?

Alan

Slug, trying to get additional servants of the Elder Worm to assist him in his quest to return his Masters to their former glory, steals an experimental time machine. Attempts to bring half a dozen, um targets forward from Worm Time. But did I mention this was an experemental time machine? Machine incorrectly calibrated, brought them forward from Lizard Time instead of Worm Time. Slug then either turns them loose as no use to him, or uses them as a diversion to cover museum robbery of the Artifact he needs to properly callibrate time machine.

3 ideas

Originally posted by assault

OK, I've got a few Heroclix miniatures, and six plastic dinosaurs - bigger than velociraptors, but smaller than tyrannosaurs. "Just right", in other words.

All I need is a scenario... Any ideas?

Subtlety is not required. :)

I suppose I could dig out a few civilians, if necessary. They wouldn't be in quite the right scale, but who cares?

Alan

1. Scientists outside of Campaign city believe they have discovered a "real find" of Dino DNA. The exhibit is later robbed by intruders with barcode designs and similar looks.

It's the work of Teleios, natch, and just to see how well the beasties take to cloning, he uses that DNA to breed six of the behemoths and lets them loose. You decide when the PCs come in.

2. Some major entertainment company sets up a Jurasic Park them park, naturally they have to use animatronic dinos instead of the real deal. Black Harlequin sees a lot of promise in this. In the last few days before the park officially opens, he makes a few... adjustments. If people want to know what Dinosaurs were REALLY like, well, he'll have to show them... especially the dietary habits of the carnivores.

3. While on patrol, or after hearing about some disturbance between "Two costumed lunatics" in a factory, the PCs stumble onto Captain Chronos and Foxbat. Both, it seems, are up to something in the same R&D lab. The Captain has an odd hoop clearly from the far future, Foxbat has stolen some hydrogen fuel cells, a jumper and a pack of rubber bands.

They collide, and begin accusing each other.

"You idiot! Your 'master plan' is all over my device!"

"Yeah? Well, your device is all in my Master Plan!"

Just as it seems Reese's is ready to sue, there is a FLASH from the now interacting cables cells, and hoop.... causing the 6 dinosaurs to emerge.

Captain Chronos and Foxbat both gasp, and when seeing the heroes, point to each other and exclaim "He did it!"

Re: 3 ideas

Originally posted by Hermit

2. Some major entertainment company sets up a Jurasic Park them park, naturally they have to use animatronic dinos instead of the real deal. Black Harlequin sees a lot of promise in this. In the last few days before the park officially opens, he makes a few... adjustments. If people want to know what Dinosaurs were REALLY like, well, he'll have to show them... especially the dietary habits of the carnivores.

Hmm. Well, one of my Heroclix is the Joker... We may have a winner.

However, everyone should keep coming up with ideas - I might want to use my lovely toys more than once!

I was thinking about a mastermind pulling a brain transfer at some point - I'm a bit of a fan of the Ultra-Humanite.

Keep up the good work!

Alan

Many years ago, one of the campaign's mad scientists was able to do the traditional dino-cloning thing, but he was defeated and may even be doing time at this point. But is henchman, with a collective intelligence of 10, still have custody of the dinos. So they've created an underground dino-fighting ring (like dog-fights only more vicious) and have spent years making the dinos crueler. Problem is, eventually they get loose and are causing all sorts of problems. First families are reporting record numbes of missing pets. Then a sewage worker is recovered with a bad bite. Everybody naturally growls "Aligators in the sewers". The heroes have to brave the slop and goo to find the nest of dinos that has begun to propogate below. (Sort of a cross between Aliens and Jurassic Park.)

An ancient cult goes to the grounds where they think that their fallen leader was buried and they perform the special ceremony to raise him from the dead. The problem is that there were *many* things buried on the site. A few pets; A couple of townspeople. A deceased cow. The cult's leader. And below the ground, the bones of several million year old dinosaurs. This is fun because it starts out looking like pet-semetery (Undead pets showing up). Then they discover the cow and it might invoke thoughts of alien cattle mutilations. Then a couple of dead people show up for work at their offices. Finally, as they track down the site, they come across the dinos. Ultimately they face the cult and their undead leader.

The big purple dino walks through town singing & Smashing. The heroes of course have to stop it. When the first hero hits the purple pal all the kids on the street watching start crying, "He's hurting him"

So the problem, Stop the purple dino without causing a major image problem!

Originally posted by Blue

An ancient cult goes to the grounds where they think that their fallen leader was buried and they perform the special ceremony to raise him from the dead. The problem is that there were *many* things buried on the site. A few pets; A couple of townspeople. A deceased cow. The cult's leader. And below the ground, the bones of several million year old dinosaurs. This is fun because it starts out looking like pet-semetery (Undead pets showing up). Then they discover the cow and it might invoke thoughts of alien cattle mutilations. Then a couple of dead people show up for work at their offices. Finally, as they track down the site, they come across the dinos. Ultimately they face the cult and their undead leader.

This is very good.

Consider it stolen. :)

People are turning into Dinosaurs! Sort of...

A half dozen people have turned into extremely frightened dinosaurs about five feet tall and no stronger than an ordinary human. Many of the Dinos are still wearing the clothes they were in when they changed (at least the clothes that didn't come off). Some of the Dinos are in pastel shades and have "Made in Taiwan" tatooed on their feet. Then a passenger train grows a face and starts trying to chit chat with passerby. Right in front of the heroes a cat stand up on its hind feet, pulls a hat out of thin air, and starts trying to force people to accept free samples of green eggs with ham! Cops turn into giant green plastic army men and begin performing military exercises in the street!

Somewhere in the city a little girl has developed incredible power, either psionic or magical, and is changing people into characters from her toy chest. Can the PCs reach her before Demon or PSI?

Originally posted by Blue

I thought of doing that in D&D, a necromancer standing on top of a massive fossil bed when he cast animate dead, but never got around to it.

Originally posted by tiger

The big purple dino walks through town singing & Smashing. The heroes of course have to stop it. When the first hero hits the purple pal all the kids on the street watching start crying, "He's hurting him"

So the problem, Stop the purple dino without causing a major image problem!

The only problem with that scenario is that all the adults on said street would be cheering wildly and yelling "Hit him HARDER!" :D

Very Late Cretaceous, Earth, Planet of the Dinosaurs - Lura couldn't convince the Most Pre-eminent Hunting Pack of Matters Scientific that Asteroid Archeo was not going to "just pass amazingly close to Earth" but was going to collide. Her predictions showed a high probability of extinctions on a massive scale, that the Sapeoraptor race itself and all its technological achievements were in peril of being blasted back to the Stone Age. She wept bitter tears thinking of the fate that would befall her daughters; if there was only some way to spare them the ensuing horrors of the asteroid's deep impact. Then it dawned on her there just may be. With the help of her mate Jor-ek, she conceived of a desparate plan to save her daughters and the quite possibly the whole Sapeoraptor race itself, create a chrono-ark to send her brood into the future with enough supplies to start over. Moments before Archeo's fiery entry into Earth's atmosphere, Lura powered up her chrono-ark using psi-scanners to pin-point the brain waves of the highest concentration of survivors in the future. But wait, what's this?!? The scanners aren't finding any survivors. She widens the search in space and time. A faint signal coming from...65 million years in the future. As the blast wave hits, desparate Lura praying to Great Mother sends the Last Daughters of Earth into an uncertain future.

Holocene, Earth, Planet of Man "This just in. A huge egg-shaped object has just materialized in Park Center from which, {Is this right, Syd?}, armed dinosaurs have emerged."

Will the villains arrive first and exploit the naive, young dino-gals leading them into a life of crime?

Will the heroes shoot first and ask questions later or help save the Sapeoraptor race?

Will Dino-boy finally get a date to the prom?

Tune in next week.

Perhaps a young boy who is studying dinosaurs in school does not realize he has mutant powers to summon things from his mind? Everytime he goes to sleep, dinosaurs appears and run amok in the city. The heroes will have a field day trying to find out why they never come out in daylight (unless he is taking a nap) and just vanish after time.

Re: Re: 3 ideas

Originally posted by assault

Hmm. Well, one of my Heroclix is the Joker... We may have a winner.

However, everyone should keep coming up with ideas - I might want to use my lovely toys more than once!

I was thinking about a mastermind pulling a brain transfer at some point - I'm a bit of a fan of the Ultra-Humanite.

Keep up the good work!

Alan

Now that is cool! You'd be surprised how many people don't even know who Ultra is (including a group I tried to run in the DC Universe), much less count themselves as his fan!:D

Originally posted by Urklore

Perhaps a young boy who is studying dinosaurs in school does not realize he has mutant powers to summon things from his mind? Everytime he goes to sleep, dinosaurs appears and run amok in the city. The heroes will have a field day trying to find out why they never come out in daylight (unless he is taking a nap) and just vanish after time.

I like the basic concept... maybe something more magical in nature?

Why not have a pre battle where the heroes are fighting a mystical villain (Talisman might do), she has stolen a scroll of some sort from an exhbit and tries to fly away. The wind picks up fiercely, and as she fires a bolt of mystic might at one PC, the scroll is batted away by the windstorm and flings over the buildings lost.

Three days later, a very bored student is heading to class. On his way, he finds on the ground a scroll of plain papyrus. Now, the material is unique enough to catch his attention. He does what many a bored but creative kid would do in class, he doodles on it.

Unbenownst to him, this is the sacred script of (Put unpronoucable ancient name here), what is put upon it-is.

Have dinosaurs running rampant along with all sorts of other images come to life, and let the PCs try to figure out who the "mastermind" behind all this is. :)

Originally posted by Twilight

The only problem with that scenario is that all the adults on said street would be cheering wildly and yelling "Hit him HARDER!" :D

True, but then you have a screaming crying 5 year old to deal with. The cheering will stop quick

Originally posted by tiger

True, but then you have a screaming crying 5 year old to deal with. The cheering will stop quick

No, the cheering of the parent of said five year old will stop quick. The other people on the street will continue cheering just as loudly, while making nasty comments about the inability of the parent to control thier child.

Originally posted by Twilight

No, the cheering of the parent of said five year old will stop quick. The other people on the street will continue cheering just as loudly, while making nasty comments about the inability of the parent to control thier child.

James Earl Jones will materilize, and make it okay by informing the child, "You see, billy, we are all a part of the great circle of strife."

*strike up orchestra* :)

I love it, and I steal it for my game, thanks.

I did something similar in my game about six years ago. A 12 year old Israeli boy, the nephew of one of our PCs, developed the mutant ability to create "real" images when he was asleep. When he suddenly lapsed into a coma, his powers kicked into high gear. The team knew there was a problem when they had to fight Darth Vader (complete with real working Light Saberâ„¢) and Christopher Reeves as Superman, who were guarding the boy's hospital room. More fun later ensued with giant robots (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers) which rampaged through Jerusalem. ( I still rue that this adventure took place before the Powerpuff Girls came out. Go Buttercup!) :)

The team finally figured out what was going on when they went to visit the PCs sister at home and saw the video tapes of his favorite movies. It turned out the boy had a brain tumor which was affecting his powers. Fortunately one of the other PCs was a brilliant surgeon... :D

I'm full of ideas, my mind is an open tome to be used. Been HEROing and D&Ding since the 80s. ahh you young whippersnappers have it easy now a days.......

Bah! The only reason I started playing Champions in early '82, rather than '81, was that it wasn't available on this side of the world then!

I started playing Traveller in 1979, and D&D in 1980. I'd have started several years earlier, except living in a provincial city in Queensland in the '70s didn't give you a lot of access to games stores. All I could do was look at ads, read reviews, and drool...

Alan