I have a dream. (and MAN was it wierd!)

SSgt Baloo

Re: I have a dream. (and MAN was it wierd!)

... So ... Any write-ups? ^^

Nope! Make yer own and tell me about it. ;)

New Dream:

There was this demonic diesel locomotive bent on wrecking trains, and I had the power of "command voice" (in game terms, this meant I either had massive amounts of PRE or I had some sort of powerful mind control ability). I commanded the train down a section of unused track, then later remembered that this unused track connected with the local light rail system. While at home, I was pondering what to do when I noticed a large locomotive just outside my window. At first, I thought it was the evil locomotive coming to get me, but then it communicated with me (by a means that wasn't very clear in the dream) that it was a good locomotive that had been sent to help me stop the bad one. I got in the cab of the good locomotive and we chased the bad one down until we could latch their couplings together. Then I crossed over to the bad loco, entered the cab, and shut it down.

The funny thing is, I sometimes dream about daydreaming. I'm not sure why or how, but it happens. It goes like this: In my dream, I'm going about my daily business. But I'm bored, so I fantasize about something harmless, like being a musician or athlete. My daydream within a dream the other night was different, however. For some reason I was daydreaming about being...

The Mouth of Sauron???????? :ugly:

Edit: The Rankin-Bass cartoon version, that is. I even remembered the exchange with Aragorn.

• 3 weeks later...

The other night I dreamt that I was in a car with an elderly black man. I soon realized that neither of us was driving, even though I was behind the wheel. Instead, the car, an old mid-70s land yacht, was being pulled by a bare foot, grade school-aged white boy wearing a make shift harness. He didn't seem to be having any trouble pulling the car, and was in fact walking along almost leisurely, no more troubled than if he was walking to school. At this, I looked around, and saw an Airstream travel trailer was hooked up to the car. The kid was pulling both without any issues. Looking out the back window, I could just make out a chair strapped to the top, and in the chair a white girl, slightly older than the boy, maybe middle school. She had a corona around her, a sort of St. Elmo's fire, but I knew it wasn't due to electrical powers. No, she could create and control the four elements. I suddenly remembered her ripping walls of stone from the earth around us to protect the small caravan, and shooting jets of water and shards of ice from her hands. They were a family of sorts, the children taken in by the old man after some cataclysm had killed most of the population while giving these kids powers, and now they were helping me get...somewhere. So I could do...something...that would help mankind.

Unfortunately, I woke up before I could find out what that something was. So frustrating...did I have powers? Where were we going? How had we met?

• 1 month later...

Strange dream the other night. At the start, my wife and I were fighting/feeling from zombies. Not really scary, for some reason, just hectic. Then, I realized that we don't have our daughter. Then it got scary. There was a scream, and I turned, but instead of a zombie biting my daughter, she was biting the zombie, really tearing into it, while it was trying to flee. I kicked the zombie, and it fell somewhere (Off a building? A wall? We were on top of something.) My daughter said it tasted really bad, and I made her wash her mouth out with water we had, and then I got really worried that biting the zombie would be the same as being bitten. I woke up then, tried to go back to sleep, but went back into that dream, and had to walk around a bit to "reset" my dream.

I dreamed last night that I had to take a class at a nearby university. I was having a lot of trouble finding the building I was looking for. But the interesting part is, when I woke up it occurred to me that I have been slowly creating a "physical" geography in my dreams. I've dreamed of the roads that I was driving down, and the city that I was in, several times before (although they don't exist in the waking world).

I dreamed last night that I had to take a class at a nearby university. I was having a lot of trouble finding the building I was looking for. But the interesting part is' date=' when I woke up it occurred to me that I have been slowly creating a "physical" geography in my dreams. I've dreamed of the roads that I was driving down, and the city that I was in, several times before (although they don't exist in the waking world).[/quote']

...If you suddenly stop posting soon, we'll all know where you went, at least. Also, when you manage to return temporarily, drop us a few lines, ok?

I dreamed last night that I had to take a class at a nearby university. I was having a lot of trouble finding the building I was looking for. But the interesting part is' date=' when I woke up it occurred to me that I have been slowly creating a "physical" geography in my dreams. I've dreamed of the roads that I was driving down, and the city that I was in, several times before (although they don't exist in the waking world).[/quote']

You can always use those locations in your campaign. All you need is a name for the city.

• 5 weeks later...

The first dream I remember from last night, I was driving my car (in this dream it was a Model T). I was driving in the Sierra Nevada mountains. At first, haze obscured the mountain peaks so I could only see the terrain near the road. I found a place to stop and got out. While I was trying to see into the distance, the haze began to clear. The scenery was incredibly beautiful. The mountains were lush with grassy meadows and green forests, and capped with snow at their peaks. I'm sure some parts of heaven will look like that.*

I got back into my car and drove further into the mountains. I found a small village that seemed to be stuck in the 1930s. Either that or I traveled back in time. There was more to this dream but I don't remember it.

The next dream I could remember was that I had nowhere to live and no income and had to move back in with my parents. Dad was alive again, and he and Mom appeared to be in their mid-forties. They lived in a tiny house on a tiny lot. It was fenced in but there was no gate so you had to climb the fence to get in. Dad was giving me a lecture on how I could still "Make something of yourself". I was trying to explain that now I was 52, handicapped, mentally ill, and applying for disability, so there really wasn't much I could do. I had to give up trying to convince him because in the dream at least I could not shake his belief that I was just being "lazy".

The last dream must be because I've been working hard on my timeline. Last night I dreamed that Lois Lane had married Clark Kent. They had a teen-aged daughter with superpowers. Somehow their daughter's not-quite evil twin from a parallel dimension showed up and started hanging with "Powergirl" (not her name in the dream -- she didn't seem to have one and she was a brunette). The other "Powergirl" (let's call her Girlpower) wasn't evil, just surly and a lesbian. For some reason Lois (Lane) Kent found this very upsetting.

* If it doesn't, I'm asking for a refund. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Had a bit of a strange dream the other night. In the dream, I was a computer programmer (which is true IRL), but I was working on graphics and user interface stuff like for a big computer game (which I don't do, I prefer behind the scenes, "back end" stuff). The catch was that I wasn't working on a game or MMO, I was working on the platform for folks who had uploaded themselves and now lived inside my company's servers.

But, even though I was a graphics guy, I was trying to recover from a server crash. One of the I.T. people had incorrectly set up the backup system, and so we didn't have backups of everybody that was in our system. If I couldn't find out how to recover our server farm, then everybody who had uploaded themselves would die. I kept thinking, "I got out of I.T. support so I wouldn't have to deal with this!" but, since I didn't want anyone to die, I was still opening up computers and pulling disk drives and various components trying to find a combination of uncorrupted/unfried disk drives to form a complete RAID array of data, since stripes of data were distributed across the drives...

Well, it actually got rather detailed in my dream, but I won't bore you with that. I woke up before I managed to pull all the data together, so I still don't know if I saved all those people...

A couple weeks back I dreamt that I was drafted to play tight end for the New England Patriots. I wasn't actually supposed to play; it was supposed to be a way of paying me for favors I'd done for the organization. I never saw the field, which is good, because I'd probably die if I tried to play in an NFL game, even in my dreams.

Last night I dreamt I was able to get another ride on the Zeppelin. There was a blimp already in the air high above. Shortly after takeoff, the engines failed, and the Zeppelin started drifting out of control, and perilously close to some buildings. I looked up at the blimp and saw it was deflating and was quickly losing altitude. Suddenly, I wasn't in the gondola. I was hanging on to a bar on the side of the airship, and my feet were dangling free. I fought off the urge to panic and told myself things would soon be back to normal. Only it seemed to take forever for that to happen.

I dreamed I was back in the Air Force, I had just finished a shift at some sort of upscale chow hall where I had been goofing off and writing instead of doing my assigned work. I was settling in at a new base and my stuff had been distributed among three different dorm rooms and I was in the process of collecting it all into the biggest one so other people could be assigned to those rooms. My supervisor was talking to me about how I shouldn't goof off at work and I told him "I'm sorry, but I'm just so amped to be a writer!" Rather than try to chew me out he helped me get my stuff together in the one room and we talked about doing things you love. He also was pointing out where everything else in the base was, like the NCO club, snack bar/recreation center, etc. Most of the bases in my dreams have the same general layout. I could almost draw a map of it (I just got the Sims 3 Create-a-World tool, so I might just do that).

Saturday night/Sunday morning I had several very detailed dreams.

A demonic being had kidnapped Darren Stephens. It disguised itself as Darren as part of a plot to force Samantha to participate in a magical form of "Ultimate Fight Club". Apparently this guy's reputation was such that even Endora was worried for Darrin's safety and wanted to help with any rescue attempt. My job, as whatever sort of powerful being they thought I was, was to make nice with the fake Darren so I could learn the whereabouts of the real Darren and so we could mount a rescue.

We were looking for the Stephens' house but none of the houses on that street looked right.

At some point during the night I had the briefest "nightmare" I can ever recall having. I was dozing between sleep and wakefulness when I noticed a darker shape in the darkness standing next to my bed. In the dream I thought someone had come into my room and was stealing my stuff. I let out a short shout of alarm and that woke me up. Turns out the next room over, the alarm clock had gone off but they weren't anywhere in the house so I shut it off and went back to bed.

In the last dream I was riding a motorcycle home from work when I discovered that the road I usually took to get home was blocked off. Along that road someone had built a huge containment facility for supervillains (and other antisocial metahumans). Because I had tried to use the road the prison/asylum was on, they imprisoned me, thinking I was an escapee.

While inside, I met the being that had (in the earlier dream) held Darren Stephens hostage. He had the ability to replace body parts with mechanical bits he found lying about (they made him stronger). He was wandering around finding stuff to replace his arms and legs with so he could break out.

I was busy helping the guards quell a riot/breakout attempt, and hoping that because of my actions they would realize I was a “good guy” and let me go free.

• 2 weeks later...

The sun shone brightly on the quaint New England bed & breakfast when we arrived. I was immediately struck by the beauty of the vast, well-kept grounds, green and flowering in the summertime, and also by the sheer number of classic airplanes flying overhead and landing in the expansive gardens. Especially odd was a Japanese Zero. I thought it was very strange to have a fully armed and loaded WWII fighter flying around New England.

We went inside and headed downstairs to our suite, which was on a lower level but still had windows--the B&B was built on a slope. It was, predictably, decorated in a very floral and lacy way, but the girl liked it. Almost immediately it was evening, so we left without unpacking and headed up to the restaurant for dinner.

The restaurant included in the B&B was large, dark, and oaken. The entryway was populated with bulletin boards. As we waited for our table, I noticed a flyer posted for a gaming convention being held the next day in a nearby town. I made a mental note to go, but never would.

On the way out of the restaurant, we encountered a well-dressed young man who invited us to a meeting to learn about his religious organization. There was an intensity about him that bothered me. We declined politely and headed back to our suite.

The next day we went to lunch at another restaurant in the B&B, which was apparently very large. This one was on an upper floor and was more brightly lit, though still largely furnished with wood. As we finished our sandwiches, the intense young man and a pair of his associates came up the stairs with guns, and took us all hostage. Their demands weren't very clear. The restaurant had TV sets mounted in the corners that were tuned to CNN, and we watched as our hostage drama began to unfold. Police cars surrounded the building, and Alec Baldwin handled the news coverage. I thought it good that he was able to start another broadcasting career. But eventually I tired of waiting, and the hostage takers hadn't realized that I was a fourth-dan jiujitsu black belt. So I got up, choked out the gang leader, and went back down to my rooms.

I was followed by an older man and his younger associate, both apparently members of the religious organization. Coming down the stairs into my rooms, they shouted and yelled that I was causing too much trouble and that I needed to join with them or face the consequences. I regarded them silently, making clear both my refusal and that they faced consequences of their own if they didn't leave. Eventually they did.

After a time we went upstairs again, though I don't remember why. We found the large central room of the B&B converted to hold a wedding, complete with runners, floral arrangements, and rows of white chairs. The chairs were filled with members of the religious organization, and conducting the ceremony was the young, intense man from earlier. Getting married were a pretty, smiling young blond girl and the corpse of a man, propped up and dressed in a suit. The intense man protested loudly that I wasn't welcome, but I decided that the ceremony should not be allowed to proceed. I picked up a nearby shovel and smashed the intense man's face in with it. Then I left.

I was out the front door and halfway down to the garden when I heard my name called. An old, chean-shaven man stood at the top of the stairs--the cult leader. Not inclined to flee from these people, I climbed back up the stairs and confronted him. He said something to the effect that I couldn't stop the cult, that I had trifled with powers beyond my comprehension, etc., etc. One of the cult members came up and stood beside him, and as he did so, the old man produced a jar. I stepped back as he unscrewed the lid, but as he did so, the vapor or dust it contained flowed out and into the nose and mouth of the younger cult member. Immediately his eyes rolled back into his head, and he began to advance toward me. Behind him I saw the rest of the congregation, similarly affected, coming up in pursuit.

I stumbled backwards down the stairs and turned to flee as the old man cackled. What was I going to do? I really had trifled with powers beyond my comprehension, and jiujitsu wasn't going to help me defeat a small army of possessed zombies. I rushed into the garden--and parked there was the Zero, fully fueled and armed.

I grinned.

I dreamed I was playing Villains and Vigilantes, but I was experiencing the action as my characters. The effect was like a lucid dream, because while I wasn't aware I was dreaming, I was aware that I was a roleplaying game character. So first I was a patriotic Canadian character dressed in a red and white sweater, but I wasn't happy with that character so I was upset with myself for not wanting to play me. But I still switched to a different character, a goblin-like humanoid that I knew nothing about, so I was making up my backstory on the fly to give myself the skills I needed. "Uh--I was genetically engineered for demolitions work so sure I know how to disarm that bomb!"

The sun shone brightly on the quaint New England bed & breakfast when we arrived. I was immediately struck by the beauty of the vast, well-kept grounds, green and flowering in the summertime, and also by the sheer number of classic airplanes flying overhead and landing in the expansive gardens. Especially odd was a Japanese Zero. I thought it was very strange to have a fully armed and loaded WWII fighter flying around New England.

*Snip*

I stumbled backwards down the stairs and turned to flee as the old man cackled. What was I going to do? I really had trifled with powers beyond my comprehension, and jiujitsu wasn't going to help me defeat a small army of possessed zombies. I rushed into the garden--and parked there was the Zero, fully fueled and armed.

I grinned.

And your sig goes perfectly with that story!

Also, you should continue it.

I dunno, I thought there was an obvious conclusion to infer there.

I have kind of a backlog of dreams to put in, I just haven't had time to write them down. That particular one was especially long.

Obviously it's only the first book of the series. Now that you've been exposed to weird stuff, there's be more. It's liek, a law of plot or something! :D

Having volunteered for some sort of reality TV game show, I found myself on a team of people competing with another team for some kind of prize. On tonight's episode, we were to see who could construct the best zombie-killing vehicle before the zombies were released into the big abandoned warehouse area we were in. Fortunately, my team had found an old but functional deuce-and-a-half to build on, and a pretty good assortment of automatic weapons to mount on it. We'd already mounted several guns in the back of the truck with good fields of fire, but I got into a heated argument with some of my teammates over where to mount the last .50 caliber. I finally took it and announced that I was going to mount it in front of the passenger seat to improve our forward firepower. But I was missing a bracket or tripod to mount it on.

I left the truck and headed into the warehouse to find something suitable. The warehouse was very large--two or three stories tall--with shelving up to the ceiling. I noticed with some annoyance that some of the zombie-fighting equipment I'd stashed had been moved by the film crews, and swore at them. About when I reached the furthest corner of the warehouse from the truck, the zombies were released. Swearing some more, I raced back in the direction of the truck.

As I ran I saw the competing team's vehicle speed out into the tarmac between the warehouses. It was fairly well constructed--it looked as though they'd taken a bus and covered it with metal sheeting, with gunports for weapons. But it was top-heavy, and fell onto its side as they attempted to turn.

We were going to have to save them.

The first bit of the dream I can remember was being in a forest clearing with a team of people. I trusted these people, but didn't know them in real life. We were fighting hordes of zombies, and our ammunition was running low. That was ok, though, because we had an escape plan: trebuchets. When our guns ran dry, we hopped into the slings of several trebuchets and were launched into the air. We landed on top of a "sky train," a series of dirigibles linked together. We were about to open a maintenance hatch and go inside, when a bunch of Nazis showed up. We had interrupted their plan to hijack the sky train for some purpose. We knocked a couple out and grabbed a few handguns to fight the rest. They fell quickly, and we were able to safely land the sky train. Once down, we went into an apparently modern airport, where I saw some of my extended family had been on the sky train. We were interviewed by some cops after the attempted skyjacking, and then there was an explosion and the lights went out. As the emergency lights came on, someone said that a meteor had hit the airport. I was just thinking, "that's no meteor" when I woke up. I guess my brain had decided fighting zombies and Nazis was enough, no need to fight aliens as well...

I navigated through the crowd around the building complex, trying to move quickly without drawing too much attention to myself. The crowd was there to watch the filming of a Bollywood movie that starred Chow Yun-Fat and was based on the exploits of myself, that I was about to conduct. I was deeply irritated that they coudn't wait to film the movie until the events it was supposed to depict were over.

The crowd was... crowded... in front of the frontmost of the buildings. These were run-of-the-mill apartment buildings, rectangular and about eight stories tall; there were four or five of them. I got through the crowd and slipped around the back of the first building without being noticed by the terrorists who I knew were lurking nearby. Hastily I searched the back wall for explosives, and quickly found them. The terrorists had packed the plastique into electrical boxes and stuck them to the wall at key structural points.

Immediately I called my superiors and told them what was up, and how to find the rest of the explosives. But that, predictably, alerted the terrorists--they had someone on the inside. A terrorist disguised as a security guard rushed around the corner and gave chase. As I ran I heard a shot ring out. Turning, I saw a sniper on the rooftop of one of the other buildings, and realized that there were one or two of them on each rooftop. They took a few more shots, but didn't hit me.

I sped back around the front of the building with the "guard" a short distance behind. No one noticed as I ran across the parking lot, because they were filing a stunt. Chow Yun-Fat leapt out of one of the upper windows with an assault rifle blazing in each hand; the bullets left a wavy tracework of holes in the front of the building as he fell. That's not how it's going to happen, I thought with annoyance.

There was nowhere to hide in the parking lot. I crouched down behind a hedgelike bush and awaited my pursuer. As he rounded the bush, I went back round the other side, and we continued this childish circular pursuit for a couple of revolutions. Finally I hid inside the bush. When he poked his head inside to look for me, I stabbed him in the neck with a knife.

I pulled the body into the bush and left. As I climbed out of the bush I saw another group of buildings in the distance, and realized that the terrorists were going to attack those too. I sprinted toward them.

I was plagued by insomnia last night, and I spent it trying desperately to sleep. For some reason I was rubbing my tongue against one of my teeth when I felt the edge of my tooth chip off. Oh great, I thought, I broke another tooth! Then I actually jerked awake and realized I was dreaming or at least hallucinating. I think I was asleep for a couple of minutes at most. But at least I didn't actually break a tooth.

There was a psycho-killer on the loose, a mad scientist who had been experimenting with fusing machine parts to human bodies. The cops found him in his filthy, blood and oil-encrusted basement lab and shot him dead with a single bullet to the head. They took his corpse to the local hospital morgue.

But of course, it wasn't over. The man was not dead, and in the morgue he had plenty of playthings and toys with which to ply his trade. He began to work, modifying the corpses with various machine parts and bringing them back to some unholy semblance of life. Late that night, after most of the staff and patients had gone home, a security guard went down to check the morgue.

He didn't come back.

Some hours later, one of the two nurses on duty wondered where the guard had gone, and went down to the morgue to check on him. She had time enough to scream as the former security guard, with a huge mechanical crane-like arm, grabbed her, tearing her in half.

The other nurse heard the scream and came down to see what was wrong. What she saw terrified her. She turned and fled before the mad scientist or his creations could stop her. She ran outside the hospital and across the grounds, calling for help.

Then the police showed up. Two squads of SWAT were there to take this bastard down. One group went in the front, one through the back. The ones in the back were getting ready to open the door when I got a bad premonition. I stepped to one side and crouched down just as the door opened...

The first nurse was there, now partially rebuilt. Her hands were nail guns, and she opened fire on the unsuspecting cops, dropping all of them. I grabbed my radio and screamed to the other team, "Don't go in! It's an ambush! Abort abort abort!" But it was too late -- they had already gone in and were all gone.

There was nothing to do but get out. I turned and ran, fleeing as fast as I could. But the mad scientist chased me. He had replaced parts of his body as well, and as he came after me he was spraying acid from some sort of mechanical thing on his shoulder. I knew that if I could make it off the hospital grounds, through the gates we had come in, I would be safe...

• 2 weeks later...

I woke up with the feeling someone had been in the house. I went out to the kitchen, and saw that the door was unlocked and the coffee maker was gone.

Then I REALLY woke up and realized that I don't have a coffee maker. No one had been in through the kitchen door either.

Lucius Alexander

Am I a palindromedary dreaming that I'm Lucius Alexander?