Foods for those that just don't care anymore

nexus

Re: Foods for those that just don't care anymore

Don't let her near any self destruct buttons.

Or remote control buttons. Or AV equipment buttons. Heck, she's managed to lock her car door on more than one occasion. :)

It is odd. There are some buttons that she knows that she isn't supposed to touch. One of those is the power button for the receiver in our living room setup. Every once and a while (and it has been at least a month since the last time, so hopefully she has gotten over it) she gets a compulsion to press it. She walks over to it with an look that makes it obvious that she knows she is about to get in trouble, but she can't seem to help herself. It isn't even the "hahaha, I'm having fun 'cause I know you'll chase me, this is a fun game" look. It is the "I know you're going to put me in my pack-and-play if I press it, and I don't want to go in there, but I just HAVE to press it" look. Then she'll press the button and almost immediately at least start sniffling if not actually crying.

For the most part she is a really bright little girl. And the fact that it has been a while since she's done it lets me hope that she has gotten over at least this particular issue. Of course there are plenty of others. :)

Or remote control buttons. Or AV equipment buttons. Heck, she's managed to lock her car door on more than one occasion. :)

It is odd. There are some buttons that she knows that she isn't supposed to touch. One of those is the power button for the receiver in our living room setup. Every once and a while (and it has been at least a month since the last time, so hopefully she has gotten over it) she gets a compulsion to press it. She walks over to it with an look that makes it obvious that she knows she is about to get in trouble, but she can't seem to help herself. It isn't even the "hahaha, I'm having fun 'cause I know you'll chase me, this is a fun game" look. It is the "I know you're going to put me in my pack-and-play if I press it, and I don't want to go in there, but I just HAVE to press it" look. Then she'll press the button and almost immediately at least start sniffling if not actually crying.

For the most part she is a really bright little girl. And the fact that it has been a while since she's done it lets me hope that she has gotten over at least this particular issue. Of course there are plenty of others. :)

Bugs Bunny (holding a pie): "If I dood it, I get a whuppin'. I dood it!" (pie in villain's face)

For me, mushrooms are a must-have on a pizza. My favorite toppings are mushrooms and garlic. Goes great with beer or a light red wine.

While I'm no longer a vegetarian, I was one for 15-odd years, so I can eat veggie pizza. My friends won't even try. When we order pizza, we order one with pepperoni, sausage, and mushroom. Of course, I dubbed this combo "two pigs and a fungus."

Once I was heating a frozen pizza. It was a cheese pizza, and I wanted to add a few toppings. All I had at the time were onions and garlic. So I went with those and dubbed my pizza "The Bad Breath Special."

For me, mushrooms are a must-have on a pizza. My favorite toppings are mushrooms and garlic. Goes great with beer or a light red wine.

While I'm no longer a vegetarian, I was one for 15-odd years, so I can eat veggie pizza. My friends won't even try. When we order pizza, we order one with pepperoni, sausage, and mushroom. Of course, I dubbed this combo "two pigs and a fungus."

Once I was heating a frozen pizza. It was a cheese pizza, and I wanted to add a few toppings. All I had at the time were onions and garlic. So I went with those and dubbed my pizza "The Bad Breath Special."

I eat what the Dice tell me to on my pizza.

But given my (non-random) choice, I prefer mushroom and sausage. Pepperoni can sub in for the sausage, depending on the quality/nature of the sausage involved.

At my sons's last birthday party we had make-your-own english muffin pizzas, and I made sure all the toppings listed on the dice were available. Quite a few people put their fate in the dice's hands, and none were disappointed!

While I'm no longer a vegetarian' date=' I was one for 15-odd years, so I can eat veggie pizza. My friends won't even try. When we order pizza, we order one with pepperoni, sausage, and mushroom. Of course, I dubbed this combo "two pigs and a fungus."[/quote']

There used to be a place near me that had a Mediterranean pizza, no sauce, the dough was brushed with olive oil. Cheese was mozzarella and feta, and the toppings were artichoke hearts, tomatoes, and kalamata olives. It was very good. They also had a chicken, spinach and caramelized onion calzone. They chicken was often a little dry, but the onions and spinach made up for it. It went out of business a few years ago and was replaced by a little ceasers. :(

Never. Never, ever. Never, never, never, ever put pineapple on a pizza. I don't know who told you people that this was acceptable, but NO. Just, NO.

People will eat fruit on a pizza, but they won't touch anchovies. Go figure.

Just remember, that sauce on the pizza is most likely a squished-up fruit too.

Mmm. Now if only I liked most of the rest of the toppings. ;)

I bet lamb, feta, caramelized onion and pineapple would be a pretty killer 'za...

I don't know... lamb is pretty persnickitey and tends to do better with slow cooking than beef, pork sausage, etc. I don't think pizza ovens would do it any favors.

I don't know... lamb is pretty persnickitey and tends to do better with slow cooking than beef, pork sausage, etc. I don't think pizza ovens would do it any favors.

Oh, I wouldn't put raw lamb on. I'd slow cook it first, then put it on the pizza under the cheese. :)

Has anyone else tried buffalo meat? It's actually pretty good. I've had a few burgers and a steak (for lunch today) made from buffalo meat. I wonder how it tastes on a pizza.

There used to be a pizzeria (The Front Room, IIRC) that included Mongolian barbecue beef as a topping. One of my friends loved it. I was still in my vegetarian phase, so I passed on it.

I eat buffalo, ostrich, elk, and venison when I can get it. All are generally lean meats, and have a better fatty acid profile than any commercial beef (though grass fed free range beef is on the same level or slightly better). Buffalo in particular starts out grass fed and is finished with grain. They're pretty much the opposite of foods for people who don't care anymore. ;)

Fruit Loops. Honey Smacks. Pumpkin pancakes and cinnamon French Toast with butter and maple syrup. M&Ms. Butterfinger bars. Snickers Bars. Double stuff Oreoes. Kit Kat bars. Frosting straight out of the tub. Krackel Bars. Cupcakes. Four of them. Chocolate milkshakes. Lots of castsup on your eggs and home fries. Do you know that has corn syrup AND High-Fructose Corn Syrup in it ???? Corn Syrup jelly on your white flour toast. Also melted butter. I have eaten all of this in the past week and a half.

I think it's time to start really caring and keep caring. :help::idjit::doi:

Last night, I made my own delightful dish ... I baked some french fries (solely because I don't own a deep fryer), heated some chili to pour over them, then added lots of shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream. Next time I plan on making these, I'm going to buy some bacon bits, because it's really just not unhealthy enough on its own. :)