Foods for those that just don't care anymore

nexus

Re: Foods for those that just don't care anymore

It should be possible. That very likely is their intended market' date=' as with the Turkey Bacon. Halal is a bit looser on its requirements than Kosher is, if I remember right, but I'm no expert on the dietary laws.[/quote']

According to this article, it is halal.

Halal also limits how animals are slaughtered. The acceptable method is to cut the creature in the area of the throat in a place where it bleeds to death rapidly. No other method will do, and animals that had died in transport or of natural causes cannot be eaten under any circumstances. Obviously pork and pork products like ham and bacon are right out! Halal also proscribes the consumption of the meat of carnivores.

There are several Halal butchers and groceries in Portland to serve the Muslim population here.

I've long stopped caring, but I'm getting better...

Right now I'm cooking up a nice big plate of Eggs and Hash My Way.

Corned Beef/Roast Beef Hash cooked chrispy, scramble the eggs and add it into the hash while cooking, add garlic powder and Lousiana Hot Sauce with a touch of Liquid Smoke, melt cheese into it, cook until nice and done, serve with ketchup. Mmmm-mmm!

-SJ

I've long stopped caring, but I'm getting better...

Right now I'm cooking up a nice big plate of Eggs and Hash My Way.

Corned Beef/Roast Beef Hash cooked crispy, scramble the eggs and add it into the hash while cooking, add garlic powder and Lousiana Hot Sauce with a touch of Liquid Smoke, melt cheese into it, cook until nice and done, serve with ketchup. Mmmm-mmm!

-SJ

That sounds great. Might have to leave off the hot sauce though. I'm kind of a wimp about spicy.

That sounds great. Might have to leave off the hot sauce though. I'm kind of a wimp about spicy.

Corned beef hash can be a little bland. A drop or two of hot sauce peps it up without becoming spicy hot. Even my pepper-averse kids put a drop or so in their hash.

The deli at the supermarket I go to now has a variety of bacon-lovers deli meats, including bacon-covered ham, bacon ranch chicken breast, Applewood smoked turkey with bacon, and peppered bacon covered roast beef.

I think I'm going to start eating a LOT more sandwiches.

Figures. All of the fried chicken I've had here has been a disaster. I need to make my own again' date=' but it's so messy! I need a deep cast iron pot, dutch oven or something.[/quote']

Wal-Mart and Target carry Lodge cast iron cookware. For a dutch oven you're talking ~40 bucks, plus-or-minus.