Foods for those that just don't care anymore

nexus

Pudding!

My new favorite restaurant that I'll probably never visit: Rice to Riches. They do rice pudding, and just rice pudding. Yum! Check out their sign, spoiled for language:

599436_395740720472594_109705673_n.jpg

Some of the flavors I need to try: Cinnamon sling, the edge of rum raisin, coast to coast cheesecake, chocolate chip flirt, coconut coma, fluent in french toast, hazelnut chocolate bear hug, "category 5" caramel, man-made mascarpone, the corner of cookies & cream, old fashioned romance, understanding vanilla, almond shmalmond, take me to tiramisu, sex drugs and rocky road, raspberry statement, it takes two to peach mango, chocolate cherry crime scene, key lime love letters, pope pina colada II ... ok, that's all of them :o

Re: Foods for those that just don't care anymore

My wife and I went out to eat at a local place last night. She ordered the BBQ Beef sandwich, I got a salad. By the time I had finished setting up my salad (cutting up the larger chunks of lettuce, slicing the cucumbers and onions into smaller pieces, adding the dressing and mixing it all up) ... that sandwich was GONE. I never actually saw her take a bite of it.

My wife and I went out to eat at a local place last night. She ordered the BBQ Beef sandwich' date=' I got a salad. By the time I had finished setting up my salad (cutting up the larger chunks of lettuce, slicing the cucumbers and onions into smaller pieces, adding the dressing and mixing it all up) ... that sandwich was GONE. I never actually saw her take a bite of it.[/quote']

*Nods sagely*

"Rapid onset osmosis!"

Here's a recipe that purports to tell you how to cure your own bacon, using an outdoor smoker and six days of refrigeration in a curing mixture. I don't know whether that's how it was done before store-bought bacon and ham, but it's interesting that anyone even attempts it.

You do have to slice the bacon yourself before you cook it,, but you can choose your thickness based on personal preference.

I tried beef bacon for the first time last week. I liked it, but there wasn't much taste difference between it and pork bacon. And the higher price ($4.89 vs. $3.99 at the West Side market) doesn't strike me as worth it (unless there's a major calorie difference between beef & pork).

I tried beef bacon for the first time last week. I liked it' date=' but there wasn't much taste difference between it and pork bacon. And the higher price ($4.89 vs. $3.99 at the West Side market) doesn't strike me as worth it (unless there's a major calorie difference between beef & pork).[/quote']

Well, can beef bacon be Kosher or Halal? That may be their intended market right there....