Foods for those that just don't care anymore

nexus

Re: Foods for those that just don't care anymore

We've been doing the 'Grape Jelly + BBQ Sauce = Awesome Meatballs' trick for years.

... And I'm keen on salting watermelon. :)

I love the Onion Soup Mix Burgers' date=' myself. ... [/quote']

These are ones I've tried --and approve of!-- from the list already, along with lemonade in beer. The one I really want to try out is the chocolate chips in raspberries, and the "Hell, no!" on the list is the corn dogs. Clever idea, granted, but I'm not eating that.

For a while, my dad put tomato juice in his beer. This was for the first 6 months after we arrived in West Berlin in 1962, so he was drinking beer different from what he was used to. I didn't see him do it after that.

The Nutella trick also works with Cream of Wheat, by the way. I tried it yesterday, before reading this article. Pretty good!

Salt also makes grapefruit--especially Ruby Red--sweeter. It's about the only thing on which I deliberately put salt--or was, until the doctor told me I couldn't have grapefruit with my new medication. :(

I must try the grilled PB&J.

Alton Brown sums it up best...

A0RKOcuCUAA-8Jr.jpg:large

Now, I could see something that -looked- like a cinnamon roll pizza working, but you'd have to change the whole thing, from the dough on up.

Roll out pizza dough in a rectangle

Put down a thin layer of red sauce (or alternatively pesto or butter/garlic spread)

Optionally add pizza toppings/herbs

Roll, cut into sections, bake as if making cinnamon rolls

Once done, top with cheese/toppings, finish under a broiler to get everything melty and gooey warm.