Pleasurable Attacks?

Michael Hopcroft

One of the things I noticed in the APG when I got a look at it was the Vulnerabilities chart. It's fairly clear, b ut I'm wondering about one of the entries for "Pleasurable Attacks". And I find myself thinking "What kind of attack is pleasurable? And do i really want to know about it?"

The one thing that comes to mind is a pleasure/pain reversal spell in Fantasy, creating berserkers who enjoy getting hurt. But what else can you do?

Re: Pleasurable Attacks?

Tickle someone until they pass out?

Render someone paralyzed by multiple... ahem, youknowhatimean.

Fill someone with love to the point that their heart is broken (though that would only be pleasurable for a little while).

I could be barking up the wrong tree,but have you ever seen a dog unable to move because you were scratching just the right spot?

Have you ever had an orgasm?

No, a proper one.

OK, they don't usually last for half an hour (not USUALLY: depends on whether you can get your hands free) but you're really not interacting with the outside world when it is going on. That's basically what unconsciousness is: not interacting with the outside world.

I had this NPC once who had an Ego Blast with 'pleasure' sfx with a linked 1 pip major transform that addicted the target to getting hit again (eventually). He ran a nightclub and people were queuing up. Round the block.

Any sensory input that overloads one's ability to interact with or perceive the physical world, or stresses a person's central nervous system the point where they lose consciousness, could be defined as some sort of attack. Intense sensory input, including "good" sensory input are stressors for the body, especially if its intense and/or prolonged. And it should be noted that the parts of the brain that process pleasure and pain overlap - they share some essential hardwiring. If one can put you out I'm sure the other can as well.

I once designed a background villain that had Negative Skill Levels and Drains against DEX and BODY constructed with that special effect (also bought with OAF Hentai Tentacle Weapon). :angst:

Side note: my default assumption about "those manga/anime"(i.e., tentacle hentai) is that hospitals and school clinics are equipped with "Detromazine", which dramatically alleviates and mitigates the effects of post-traumatic stress.

"Akime-san, you're back in school so soon? But you were just brutally violated in every conceivable way by the Overfiend!"

"Oh, that. Yeah, that was a bit of a bummer. But I'm totally over that now--after all, that was yesterday--ancient history and all that. Let's hang out in the park and fool around later!"

A tasp, from Lary Niven's Ringworld/Known Space books.

Hmmm... write it up as an Entangle against Ego?

Hmmm... you can move with a low-level tasp setting (Louis Wu cleans out two attackers while under the wire) so it's not an Entangle per se. Actually, it might be several things based on the power level... or it's just variable dice of Mind Control. Oh, with the added bonus of a Transform into a wire addict.

A few more options:

Change Environment (penalty to EGO Roll) can work too - pleasantly distracting as it may be to be hit by a tasp. The APG would let you use CE to inflict a temporary addiction as well (as a Complication) but a long-term one would need (probably ACV/BOECV) Transform.

Drain EGO would also result in a nicely inconvenienced victim.