What if...

quozaxx

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: What if...

Bruce Banner is exposed to gamma radiation. Thereafter whenever he feels helpless' date=' he undergoes a dramatic transformation into the Savant. His logical, rational mind takes over -- pushing aside his emotional, compassionate mind. His intellect is vastly increased and when faced with a problem his intellect is no match for, he grows ever more intelligent until he makes a breakthrough. As the Savant, Banner sometimes thinks of radical solutions to problems facing humanity -- solutions that might include mass murder, sabotage, mind control, and worse. The Savant is aware that he will eventually become Banner again and that Banner will prevent him from enacting some of his solutions. Therefore, the Savant gives his plans to others. To those called "supervillains". Banner must constantly try to figure out what scheme the Savant has cooked up, who he has given it to, and how it might be averted.[/quote']

isn't there a villan called the Leader who has this power in the Hulk mythos

Bloomann, you clearly have not read either Wanted or Empire. They both center over what would happen if a villain/s succeeded in taking over the world.

Techniquely Dark Reign might be seen as Norman winning the Skrull Invasion, however it looks like he's going to lost it all soon enough.

I was listening to the news the other day' date=' an they were talking about the number of billionaires in the world. Anyway, the CEO of Marvel Comics, Isaac Perlmutter, just became one on the basis the company's sale to Disney. Even though I find that most of the books are not as enjoyable as they once were, they must be doing something right.[/quote']

What if Pumpkin Head's head didfn't rot in a month or so

then Ozma wouldn't have to deal with death.

The secret invasion strand in New Avengers intrigues me a bit... playing on ego & paranoia - traits we as a species seem to have in spades.

I liked the scene where a group of villains expose a skrull inside SHIELD and they wonder what they should do.

"We ought to tell someone..."

"Like who? Stark?"

"... Wait a second... he may BE one of them!"

The Leader is a super smart gamma irradiated villain' date=' but he doesn't transform the way the Hulk does. Similar, but different in very important ways to the idea I put forth.[/quote']

I think there was one story where he transformed back (for disguise purposes), but he notes he finds it very distasteful because it means losing his advanced intellect. To the extent he does transform, he seems to fully control the change.

Wasn't that an 'Elseworld' story' date=' once? (I know, I know, Marvel had their own name for their 'what if' stories. I'm @$%$& if I can remember it...)[/quote']

It was an Actual What If? Story. One of the better ones as well. WI-050-s.jpg

~Rex

Blah. I remember when Lobo worked in a clown suit and had a haircut like a Chia Pet, and was more uber martial artist with the cazrnian regen/duplication as opposed to Chuck Palumbo, super strong space biker with Regen and a meat hook fetish. Still.....Lobo rocks....Wolverrine........*sigh*....Wolverine is for X babies.....

652387-lobo_super.jpg395px-Omegamen_03.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e61k36FIWsI

Lobo...Can Breath in Space.....makes him far cooler then Wolverscream.....