I love me some xenomorphs!

LordQulex

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: I love me some xenomorphs!

Hey man' date=' all I need to know is where they are.[/quote']

You take a standard G.I sock, cram it with as much Composition B as it can hold, rig up a simple fuse, then coat the whole thing with axle grease. Now when you throw it, it should stick. Its a bomb that sticks, its a "sticky bomb". Think of a better way to knock out the xenomorphs, I'm all ears.

We have seven canisters of CN20. I say we roll them in there and nerve gas the whole f__king nest.

Let's just cut to the chase. Dust off and nuke the whole site for orbit. It's the only way to make sure.

Guest steamteck

I liked the second movie. I think it's just as good as the first. I was pretty neutral on film three (although the deaths of Hicks and Newt pissed me off to no end... that and the lame explanation on how the face hugger got in the ship) and was meh about film four.

I can see the 1st one is really well done but it just doesn't sing to me so to speak, while the 2nd one is a repeat watcher. I pretty much hate the 3rd and tolerate the 4th.

In the 3rd I really really hated how they killed Hicks and Neut and how they character development and advancement Ripley went through in the 2nd one just went away or was undone.

Ripley was supposed to be the one in the Hicks and Newt shoes.........The Alien Comic....Really built up well on the whole Hicks and Newt situation. Coulda had that in the movies.....However, certain actresses had a lot of power and pull at the time and we got, Alien/Oz......And more like the Old Oz instead of the good Oz......

~Rex

The evidence doesn't support that scenario:

Accordingly, when producers David Giler and Walter Hill told her, in early 1990, that they were commissioning a Ripley-less Alien3 and would come back to her for the fourth installment, she didn't argue. ''I felt Ripley was going to become a burden to the story,'' she says. ''There are only so many aspects to that character you can do.''

But Fox's new president, Joe Roth, felt differently. ''Sigourney Weaver is the centerpiece of the series,'' he says. ''She's really the only female warrior we have in our movie mythology. In successful sequels you have a fine line between old and new ingredients. We felt it would be cataclysmic to proceed without her.''

So the cataclysm proceeded with her.

Who's Oz?

Oz was a Prison show on HBO.....great material really if you haven't seen it. I'd say it laid the groundwork for a lot of great Shows since then. I also heavily blame Joe Roth for the decline of the Franchise as well.....Ripley I've been tired of since the middle of the second movie. Ash really should have done his job in the first movie, heh.

~Rex......

Oz was a Prison show on HBO.....great material really if you haven't seen it. I'd say it laid the groundwork for a lot of great Shows since then. I also heavily blame Joe Roth for the decline of the Franchise as well.....Ripley I've been tired of since the middle of the second movie. Ash really should have done his job in the first movie, heh.

~Rex......

Wow... you're about the only person I know of who hates the character of Ripley.

I am not a big Sigourney Weaver fan either. Alien franchise definitely did not need her and could thrive without her. Aliens arriving independently of Ripley and her ship to the prison colony would have done wonders for Alien 3. It's as if Ripley has Disadvantage: Hunted: Aliens 18-. The first 5 minutes of the movie soured the entire film. And her death sequence was way too dramatic..yeesh...die already. Apparently dying did not help remove the Hunted disadvantage either since she became a frickin clone.

We got nukes...sharp sticks...

Alien hit the theaters, in 1979. THIS, was Raquel Welch that same year......

Raquel would have made a far better Ripley.

~Rex

Why? I think Sigourney Weaver worked because she didn't look like your typical Hollywood starlet. The crew of the Nostromo were basically truckers after all.