Doctor Destroyer Pissed...

zakueins

Just picked up the new Champions Universe 6Ed and...well, if you've read it, you know what's happened to the good Doctor.

The question becomes...when he gets out of it, how pissed will he be?

And, what happens next?

I'm thinking of all the options, from "having some of the ego knocked out of him" to "epic war between two of the most powerful beings in the Champions Universe."

Comments, complaints, threats upon my life?

Re: Doctor Destroyer Pissed...

Sadly, Shadow Destroyer isn't Seeker. ;) But his true identity is a pretty classic example of comic-book irony.

The master-of-science-and-sorcery concept for Shadow Destroyer does harken back somewhat to the Dr. D from Champions: New Millennium, although his origin is decidedly different. I noticed that Steve Long based much of the origin of Sharna-Gorak on that of DD from CNM.

As for where this plotline is going, my guess is that Cryptic Studios is gearing up for an epic war between the two Destroyers, with PCs caught in the middle, as a major event in Champions Online. I wouldn't speculate on how they want that to end, though.

I'm still holding out hope that Shadow Destroyer is Seeker' date=' dammit![/quote']

As revealed in the Dr Destroyer Supplement

Shadow Destroyer is an evil version of Defender (yawn), that has mystical powers etc

There is another guy who destroyed Atlantis also called "The Destroyer" which DOES remind me of The New Millennium version of Dr Destroyer.

Just picked up the new Champions Universe 6Ed and...well, if you've read it, you know what's happened to the good Doctor.

The question becomes...when he gets out of it, how pissed will he be?

And, what happens next?

I'm thinking of all the options, from "having some of the ego knocked out of him" to "epic war between two of the most powerful beings in the Champions Universe."

Comments, complaints, threats upon my life?

you refer to his being impersonated by the shadow destroyer?

When I first read this, I thought Dr. D was defeated and locked away in Stronghold... :P

I had that happen in my last 5th ed campaign.....they Transformed Foxbat into being "competant".....he then proceeded to actually Take over the world. Sucked to be a DNPC around a competant Foxbat. The guy is actually pretty scary.

~Rex

There is another guy who destroyed Atlantis also called "The Destroyer" which DOES remind me of The New Millennium version of Dr Destroyer.

Yup, Sharna-Gorak the Destroyer in the official Champions Universe, as I mentioned in my previous post. Dr. D from the New Millennium setting was also called "the Destroyer" in Atlantis from that world, which makes the parallel between the characters even more obvious.

Hm, we seem to have no shortage of "destroyers" in the CU: Dr. Destroyer, Shadow Destroyer, Sharna-Gorak the Destroyer, Li Chun the Destroyer...

I'm glad Takofanes is content to just be a "Ravager." ;)