WWE Snark-Free Zone

Psybolt

The Ring of Honor last PPV had Braun Strowman make an appearance in his new ID. Also the Briscoe brothers were confronted by FTR. So if ROH continues they have something to build with.

FTR also took on the Lucha Brothers recently and lost so they do not become two time title winners. This I think was the right call to establish a decent reign timewise for Penta and Fenix.

I would add I would like to see a decent reign, as I think Penta and Fenix might be the most enjoyable tag team to watch in matches. Their in ring actions are amazing, especially Fenix. The 2 main matches they had with the Bucks were 2 of the best I have ever seen, with the first ending in one of the worst endings (them stealing Fenix's mask to be able to pin him). All I saw of the second was highlights as i don't pay for the pay per views, but from what I understood, it may have been one of the best tag matches ever.

• 3 weeks later...

On the happy side of things over in AEW

Jurassic Express beat Penta and Fenix to win their first Tag Team title. Jungle Boy's mother and sister were in the audience. He looked like he did not believe it at first. And it was a clean win.

Hangman beat Bryan Danielson cleanly to retain.

Jade Cargill won the TBS belt beating Ruby Soho. This sets up both Thunder Rosa and Ruby to go after her.

MJF starts the New Year with a loss. He made a smart remark about C M Punk who ran down to the ring. So after MJF fled, C M Punk attacked MJF's opponent causing MJF to be disqualified. Punk said he would continue meddling until they had a match. And MJF said next week Punk would face ..... Wardlow.

6 hours ago, Cygnia said:

Clearin' out all of Hunter's people, I see...

Road Dog and Allison Danger got canned too, which I have to think does not bode well for NXT.  All but two of the veterans are gone, the rest are green as grass and the super talented trainers who were meant to help them develop are gone too.  So you have a bunch of green guys with only two people to help them develop into something better.

9 minutes ago, Twilight said:

Road Dog and Allison Danger got canned too, which I have to think does not bode well for NXT.  All but two of the veterans are gone, the rest are green as grass and the super talented trainers who were meant to help them develop are gone too.  So you have a bunch of green guys with only two people to help them develop into something better.

Danger got axed too?  I thought she got spared...

4 hours ago, death tribble said:

On the happy side of things over in AEW

Jurassic Express beat Penta and Fenix to win their first Tag Team title. Jungle Boy's mother and sister were in the audience. He looked like he did not believe it at first. And it was a clean win.

Hangman beat Bryan Danielson cleanly to retain.

Jade Cargill won the TBS belt beating Ruby Soho. This sets up both Thunder Rosa and Ruby to go after her.

MJF starts the New Year with a loss. He made a smart remark about C M Punk who ran down to the ring. So after MJF fled, C M Punk attacked MJF's opponent causing MJF to be disqualified. Punk said he would continue meddling until they had a match. And MJF said next week Punk would face ..... Wardlow.

Halfway through the episode. Loved Punk doing that to MJF who always claimed undefeated, wish they had shown Punk talking to the kid he took out after and apologizing though. Glad the Hangman/Danielson went the way it did, especially as was under 35 minutes I believe. I was really worried they were, after all the buildup to get him the title, they were going to take it away from Page in a judges decision fiasco. Haven't watched the tag team one, not surprised with Fenix's travel problems recently that they gave belts to JE, especially given the buildup of Jungle Boy - and I have felt like Luchasaurus has been really under used, supposedly a force of nature type but he has been the person on the losing side in a lot of their tag/6-man stuff. I would watch a JB/Fenix match every night if possible - the in/on top of ring stuff those 2 guys do... I am surprised by Jade getting the belt and not Ruby, but they had been building up Jade for a long time as an unstoppable force (course they already had that with Nila Rose, but she loses a lot).

Can't wait for them to put a belt on Wardlow and him to refuse to give it to MJF. They are really setting up him turning on MJF, and sooner rather then later.

Finally finished the episode. Tag match was everything thought it would be and I believe Jurassic Express was planned to win, but it looked like Fenix really messed up his arm, but updates say was a dislocated elbow, no broken bones. But, I felt this during the match, Luchasaurus is big and can move, but he needs to work more on in ring stuff. Granted that he is meant to be big and ponderous at times, but he really looked stiff and the match felt like it came to a stand still when he was in. He did not have the chemistry the other 3 did. You could see Perry fitting right in to 2021 match of the year with Luchas vs Bucks. Hopefully this will give Lucha more time to work.

I also think Ruby really hurt her shoulder during their match and am not sure that Jade winning was the original plan.

Finally, I thought the end of the Pillman/Black match was terrible and made Pillman look bad. Felt like they were getting limited on time, so needed to end it prematurely. They need to figure out what they want to do with Black. When he came in, he was playing up a storyline of making Cody go to a darker place, but since then he has been spinning in place with no real story, feels like. It's kind of why I was saying he needed to take over Dark Order or form another group with him as the cult head.

As soon as they said Cody wasn't available, I suspected Sammy would win it back. Honestly, he probably would have if Cody was available, but without him was pretty assured. Having Sammy job to Dustin (as good as Dustin is supposed to be) in a title match would have set back a lot the push they had for Sammy.

Ring of Honor wrestlers are turning up in Impact and AEW.

C M Punk defeated Warlow with the 'greatest move in all of wrestling' the surprise roll up. He was powerbombed repeatedly in the ring and through a table outside the ring. The 'blame' is on MJF for making Warlow keep hitting Punk. Wardlow and MJF almost came to blows but Spears separated them so the long running storyline of Wardlow turning on MJF continues to build.

The Best Friends and the Elite (Matt and Nick Jackson), Adam Cole, Kyle O'Reilly and Bobby Fish came to blows. Statlander almost hit Cole but Dr Britt Baker stopped her. Then instead of the Jacksons kissing Adam, Dr Baker did. This references the real life relationship between Cole and Baker.

47 minutes ago, death tribble said:

The Best Friends and the Elite (Matt and Nick Jackson), Adam Cole, Kyle O'Reilly and Bobby Fish came to blows. Statlander almost hit Cole but Dr Britt Baker stopped her. Then instead of the Jacksons kissing Adam, Dr Baker did. This references the real life relationship between Cole and Baker.

Cant wait for Kenny to get back and the feud between the Elite and Cole/O'Reily and Fish to really get going. I have a feeling the Best Friends are almost a place holder.

Wondering if MJF will cost Spears the match, as I don't see them having Punk get a loss to him. Might get a win through disqualification as he brings the chair into play. I think at some point they will put one of the belts on Wardlow, MJF will demand it and Wardlow will deny him.

Also, is there a more "Best Tag Team Ever" then FTR that don't ever seem to really win or do anything?

And in WWE being WWE for some reason they've given Walter the new ring name of "Gunther Stark" despite Walter being a character on WWE television in some shape or form for years. Worse yet they apparently trademarked the name without googling it. It seems there was an actual guy named Gunther Stark who was a U-Boat commander for the Nazis.  🤬