WWE Snark-Free Zone

Psybolt

on a side note, I see they gave the gave the heavy weight belt to Jay White, finalizing trying to finish making him Kenny Omega, which they started the moment Kenny left NJPW. could be Okada just wanted a break, as he has done a lot to carry them for a lot of years. I suspect he planned on taking a break when Kenny won the belt, but was shortly after that AEW was formed. Sadly, the Okada/Omega feud was fabulous because it was more then a year in the making with great in ring story telling along with the outside stuff. We weren't getting the NJPW stuff for awhile, but I don't feel that they really had setup White/Okada as well, was more just about wanting to push Bullet Club and White, I think.

Last night's AEW Dynamite had Okada on it.

At Forbidden Door it will be Adam Cole vs Jay White vs Hangman Adam Page vs Okada.

The card is now set and there are a lot of good wrestlers on the bill. Naito and Guerrillas of Destiny  from New Japan are missing. Penta and Fenix from AEW as well as Bryan Danielson and C M Punk.

But we have PAC, Miro and Malaki Black (in the same match), Jericho, Orange Cassidy, Moxley, Will Osprey, Zack Sabre Jnr, FTR, The Yong Bucks, a Bullet Club tag team, a Los Ignoberales de Japon tag team, Darby Allin and Sting

Forbidden Door

Jay White retained the NJPW heavyweight belt

Will Osprey retained his belt against Orange Cassidy

FTR retained the ROH tag team belts and have won the IWGP tag team belts

Moxley beat Tanahashi for the Interim AEW World championship belt

PAC won the inaugural AEW Mid Atlantic Belt

Thunder Rosa beat Toni Storm to retain

Jericho and his team beat Eddie Kingston and his team. Jericho did have Minoru Suzuki

Darby Allin and Sting won their match against Bullet Club which now includes the Jackson brothers again. The Los Ignobales team was supposed to be in this match but was not.

Zack Sabre Jnr was supposed to fight Bryan Danielson who was sadly injured. Bryan picked a replacement. The former Cesaro, Claudio Castagnoli, was the replacement and is now in the Blackpool Combat Club. He beat Zack.

7 hours ago, death tribble said:

Forbidden Door

Jay White retained the NJPW heavyweight belt

Will Osprey retained his belt against Orange Cassidy

FTR retained the ROH tag team belts and have won the IWGP tag team belts

Moxley beat Tanahashi for the Interim AEW World championship belt

PAC won the inaugural AEW Mid Atlantic Belt

Thunder Rosa beat Toni Storm to retain

Jericho and his team beat Eddie Kingston and his team. Jericho did have Minoru Suzuki

Darby Allin and Sting won their match against Bullet Club which now includes the Jackson brothers again. The Los Ignobales team was supposed to be in this match but was not.

Zack Sabre Jnr was supposed to fight Bryan Danielson who was sadly injured. Bryan picked a replacement. The former Cesaro, Claudio Castagnoli, was the replacement and is now in the Blackpool Combat Club. He beat Zack.

Can't say I am surprised by most of these, though i thought they might put the Mid Atlantic Belt on Malakai. they sort of backed themselves in a corner in the ROH/IWGP tag match, as that was the only one they couldn't clearly leave in the original organization. I suspect FTR will lose the IWGP to one of the bullet club or other Japanese teams soon.

I feel kind of bad for his brother, Matt. For so long Jeff was the "star". Matt just kept working and when AEW brought in Jeff, Matt gave up(?) some pretty good story-lines he was involved in to work with him again, though, honestly, I didnt think their in ring chemistry was good, mostly because I thought Jeff looked bad. Hoping this doesn't spill over onto Matt and he basically gets written out.

Just finished watching Blood and Guts. Good match, let everyone shine, but, AGAIN, they couldn't seem to let Kingston get full revenge on Jericho. Hopefully they aren't trying to setup him vs Black Pool. They really needed to make Jericho tap out. I realize he is one of the big draws, but this feud needs to end and both move on. I can remember when good story writers would set up feuds, ambushes, cheats etc, then the big event was all about the Faces getting revenge. It changed, especially during the DX error, as bad guys started becoming popular, and Jericho does have a big following, but being the good "soldier" he has been taking shot after shot, he deserved to finalize his revenge.

Of course, AEW has done a few things recently I thought were terrible. I mentioned a while ago, I would watch Lucha Bros vs Young Bucks every night and twice on Sunday (though not sure any of the 4 could move in the second match), but twice the Bucks beat the Lucha's by stealing a mask, thereby, to me, ruining what were both amazing matches of skill and big moves. I can only hope that it will pay off at some point with the Lucha's beating them by having a 2nd mask on under the primary one, thereby turning it back on them.

In answer to silkmar's point about Eddie Kingston, one of the Wrestling shows on Youtube Wrestletalk covered the anticlimatic finish to Blood and Guts and how it was a good move. They believe it sets up Eddie to become a different kind of bitter. And the fact that he and Claudio have history. I'll dig out the link if you want.

Austin Theory won the Men's Money in the Bank briefcase and Liv Morgan won the Women's Money in the Bank briefcase. Liv then cashed in on Rhonda Rousey and is the Smackdown Women's Champion.

Liv has been with the company for a while and has had a push which has culminated in this. There are better wrestlers on the roster but Liv is an underdog and has not had things handed to her. She has challenged for the title and been defeated. Like Kofi Kingston her years of service have been rewarded. Hopefully they don't Lesner her like they did Kingston.

• 2 weeks later...

I suspect it has more to do with the above stories then his age. Though maybe the Thank You is sincere, or perhaps a So Long, Suckers! in another way.

So, Fyter Fest, again have Kingston/Jericho (we all knew everyone was going to charge in at some point, so no worries there). The Anna Jay swerve was unexpected, but they haven't really known what to do with her for awhile and Dark Order needs to disband (half seem to have done so) or become what they started as, a group of 2nd level guys needing an A-list leader to bring them together.

Finally, again they missed a chance to resolve Kingston/Jericho, having everyone interfere, get taken out by Kingston's friends, him seeming to have Jericho locked down and beat and of course Sammy shows up to help steal the victory. This feud needs to end, and Eddie needs a decisive victory over Chris. Eddie is not a mainliner, Chris's slights about this aren't untrue, but this feud, with all that has gone on, needs a Kingston win over Jericho. AEW has plenty of top level and secondary guys. I like Kingston, but this is ridiculous, and as was mentioned above, Jericho can afford to lose to him, I don't think Kingston can survive, popularity wise, the way this is going.

16 hours ago, slikmar said:

I suspect it has more to do with the above stories then his age. Though maybe the Thank You is sincere, or perhaps a So Long, Suckers! in another way.

So, Fyter Fest, again have Kingston/Jericho (we all knew everyone was going to charge in at some point, so no worries there). The Anna Jay swerve was unexpected, but they haven't really known what to do with her for awhile and Dark Order needs to disband (half seem to have done so) or become what they started as, a group of 2nd level guys needing an A-list leader to bring them together.

Finally, again they missed a chance to resolve Kingston/Jericho, having everyone interfere, get taken out by Kingston's friends, him seeming to have Jericho locked down and beat and of course Sammy shows up to help steal the victory. This feud needs to end, and Eddie needs a decisive victory over Chris. Eddie is not a mainliner, Chris's slights about this aren't untrue, but this feud, with all that has gone on, needs a Kingston win over Jericho. AEW has plenty of top level and secondary guys. I like Kingston, but this is ridiculous, and as was mentioned above, Jericho can afford to lose to him, I don't think Kingston can survive, popularity wise, the way this is going.

Particularly ridiculous due to the fact that Kingston is one of the most popular guys AEW currently has, the fans adore him.  He ought to be getting pushed to the moon, not jobbed to the likes of Jericho.  My thoughts are not only does Kingston need a decisive victory over Jericho but the JAS needs to disband as well, as Jericho's really holding them back at this point.  

To add to my previous thoughts on the matter: Chris Jericho shouldn't be going over any young stars in 2022, he was great in his prime sure but now he ought to be building up new stars for the good of the promotion and wrestling in general.  Furthermore JAS ought to be disbanded on the grounds that the young stars aren't really getting much out of it aside from Sammy Guevara.  They're not getting much attention from being Jericho's goons, there's no rub for them by being part of the group and I feel they'd be much better off on their own.

The Ring of Honor PPV was last night

Claudio beat Gresham for the Ring of Honor World Championship

Mercedes Martinez retained the Woman's title against Serena Deeb

Samoa Joe retained the TV championship and Wheeler Yuta retained the Pure Championship

FTR retained the ROH tag team belts against the Briscoe Brothers in the longest match of the night which went twice as long as any other match 

On 7/23/2022 at 12:23 PM, Twilight said:

To add to my previous thoughts on the matter: Chris Jericho shouldn't be going over any young stars in 2022, he was great in his prime sure but now he ought to be building up new stars for the good of the promotion and wrestling in general.  Furthermore JAS ought to be disbanded on the grounds that the young stars aren't really getting much out of it aside from Sammy Guevara.  They're not getting much attention from being Jericho's goons, there's no rub for them by being part of the group and I feel they'd be much better off on their own.

Watching Dynamite, and now Jericho getting a title shot with Moxley. Hope they don't give him title, but I bet will cause rift with Moxley and Kingston somehow, like Jericho willl get win because of Kingston interference.