Greased Is The Word

Marcus Impudite

Gomer is a lowlife stick-up man that your character's been tailing ever since he got out on parole after his last epically-failed robbery attempt. Of course, the stick, as well as his head, are up someplace else. Looks like he's gonna give it another shot. His target: a local jewelry store. After throwing a ridiculous-looking fishnet stocking over his head, he draws his gun and promptly enters...the wrong store.

Very wrong.

Turns out the jewelry store was right next door to, of all places, a gun shop. Not too long after the words "This is a stick up!" leave Gomer's lips, and before he truly realizes his grave mistake, the store owner and his patrons all draw their weapons and train them on him. No one has fired a shot yet, but it's clear that if the lead starts flying, Gomer's history.

WWYCD?

Re: Greased Is The Word

Volt would point out that firing is not necessary if the perp is not firing or about to. Then leave it up to the police and local DA to work out.

Olorin. Laugh and do what Volt does.

Black Tiger. Didn't see anything, had something in his eye. Oh well, the police can handle this.

Leadman - see Volt's response.

Futurian - (supressed laugh) "Oh wow. Darwin award candidate." Then totally forget about it unless reminded.

Guest steamteck

Oh well, no more residivism. Not sure what to do really. I suppose a Green lantern type could throw a force globe on him and arrest him but you kind of dig your own holes sometimes.

Shadow Hawk: would try to fly far enough away so no one can hear him laughing.

Goliath: doesn't follow people. No stealth. People tend to notice the 7' tall blue man with the mentality of a 4 year old.

Steel Panther: Use a flash/bang to blind/deafen all the shooters. Capture Gomer. Explain to gun store inhabitants what the words "excessive force" mean. Wait for police. Provide police with recording of incident.

El Mago: not the type to follow criminals. If he saw the incident, would probably slap a force wall behind Gomer, to prevent bullets from hitting innocent bystanders.

The Mad Ninja: Teleport between Gomer and shooters, blocking bullets with his body (I mean using secret ninja techniques). Knock Gomer out by clubbing him over the head (I mean using ninja secret nerve pinch).

If the bystanders have already opened fire, there is precious little most supers can do. Someone with superspeed could try to DEX vs. DEX the bullets, or someone with Force Walls/Barriers could attempt to protect Gomer. Other than that, even bulletproof heroes need time to get there... which extreme speed of bullets has already denied them.

Besides... this goober soooooooo needs to die. Improve the gene pool and all that.

Gomer is a lowlife stick-up man that your character's been tailing ever since he got out on parole after his last epically-failed robbery attempt. Looks like he's gonna give it another shot. His target: a local jewelry store. After throwing a ridiculous-looking fishnet stocking over his head, he draws his gun and promptly enters...the wrong store. Very wrong. Turns out the jewelry store was right next door to, of all places, a gun shop.

No sooner do the words "This is a stick up!" leave Gomer's lips that the store owner and his patrons all draw their weapons and open fire.

WWYCD?

Has a certain little demon been watching 1000 Ways to Die?

My characters would all realize how horribly, horribly wrong this is about to go as soon as he went past the jewelry store towards the gun shop, and prevented him from going inside, so thus the rather ridiculous 'everybody present is armed and loaded and psychotically triggerhappy' part would never have come up.

I think it's more likely that Gomer would take one look at where he'd wound up' date=' excuse himself and walk out - hurriedly. And I don't buy that the people in the gunshop would draw down and open fire without warning like that.[/quote']

Mind control, perhaps? Maybe we're missing something in the way these events have unfolded.

Me: Smack the GM for using the campaign to offer a strawman argument for/against concealed carry laws. :P

This is actually inappropriate. It's only a straw man if the players think it is. It might (Hopefully) have the characters, not the players have a serious discussion about the issue. And that's fine. If the discussion is roleplayed in character, that's GREAT.

All: Save the perp.

Millennium, Iron Will: Throw a force field around him.

Cheeta: Use superspeed /missile deflection to catch any bullets in mid aid, cussing as he does so.

Snow Leopard, Dolphin: Knock Gomer to the ground and cover him.

All: Hold Gomer for the police.

Shadow Hawk: No change, would try to fly far enough away so no one can hear him laughing.

Goliath: no change, doesn't follow people. No stealth. People tend to notice the 7' tall blue man with the mentality of a 4 year old.

Steel Panther: Changes. Explain to gun store patrons that you have things under control. Provide police with recording of incident.

El Mago: Changes. Still not the type to follow criminals. If he saw the incident, would probably slap a force wall behind Gomer, to prevent bullets from hitting innocent bystanders, and use TK to disarm him.

The Mad Ninja: Change. Teleport behind Gomer. Knock Gomer out by clubbing him over the head (I mean using ninja secret nerve pinch).

El Mago: Changes. Still not the type to follow criminals. If he saw the incident, would probably slap a force wall behind Gomer, to prevent bullets from hitting innocent bystanders, and use TK to disarm him.

Wouldn't a Force Wall in front of Gomer accomplish the same thing? Either way, the bullets aren't getting past it into the street.

Just sayin'.

After change -

Volt -Put a barrier around Gomer to protect him. Once Volt wakes up (side effect) he would take Gomer in.

Olorin - to Gomer- "If you want to live, drop the gun. If you want to become swiss cheese, go ahead and fire." If he drops the gun, take him in. If not, well, he was about to fire, wasn't he?

Black Tiger - Take Gomer down to the floor and call the police.

Leadman - "Drop the gun or I'll let them shoot.' (See Olorin)

Futurian - "Wow man, I'd drop the gun. Unless you want suicide by stupidity," (See Olorin)

Wouldn't a Force Wall in front of Gomer accomplish the same thing? Either way, the bullets aren't getting past it into the street.

Just sayin'.

Not quite; force wall in front of Gomer would also protect Gomer, in case someone takes a shot at him. Perhaps El Mago doesn't want to protect him?

My current character Sage might Switch places with the person Gomer attempts to shoot and thus take Gomer's target out of harms way. She wouldn't try to protect Gomer. I guess our campaign is a bit too Dark Champions/Hero for Champion boards.

Hmmm

Black Falcon is not the grim crime-fighter type. She doesn't obsess enough over the release of small time hoods to even notice he is out of prison. She would never have tailed him to encounter this situation. Other members of her team are this obsessed, but BF has a life. She wouldn't even remember Gomer's name.

--For the sake of argument, she would let Darwin's law take effect.

Psidestep would likewise laugh it off. Certainly there is no reason this needs to end in death, The patrons of the store have him in a stand off and likely no one will move until the cops arrive. Looks like the situation's well in hand. if Gomer is fool enough to try and fight his way out, then he deserves the consequences.

--legal precedent shows that the store owner and patrons will not be charged.

---While everyone is busy, Psidestep will switch the Jewelry and Gun Store signs back. He's such a funny guy.