Champions Villains Volume Three: Solo Villains when will it be on the shelf?

TotalerKrieg

Re: Champions Villains Volume Three: Solo Villains when will it be on the shelf?

This is not something that they have prioritized for many reasons that they have explained before. I finally broke down and bought the PDF. It was OK, not great. However, the extended anticipation was not worth it. If they ever get the thing printed, I may or may not buy one for the sake of completeness in my collection. I have resolved the issue in my mind, and would humbly submit that the wait has probably gone a long way to killing what they said was already lukewarm demand.

No one is perfect, and the business climate is not the friendliest now, so I have some sympathy. However, this was not the company's finest hour. Overall, the products have been solid since DOJ took over, so I'm still rooting for them, but that's just my honest opinion.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions Villains Volume Three: Solo Villains when will it be on the shelf?

Steve is a writer' date=' not a publisher or a printer. Once he has written a book, there is nothing further he can do to make it come out faster. His work on Mythic Hero or the Martial World has nothing to do with CV3 being printed. This has been explained before.[/quote']

I get that yet an update every now and then on the book would be nice. It's just frustrating to see newer titles being worked on without any news about CV3. Unfortunately imo it has killed any faith in them doing another similar trio of products yet again. I also hope releasing a lot of PDFs and slow print releasess does not become the standard at HG because chances are people will get the PDF first and not the print version later. Extended anticipation on a product also kills interest in a product.

V3 will be out before Empress' date=' or Mythic, or Martial World. As we've said, the holdup on V3 has nothing to do with Steve and everything to do with cash flow and the small size of our company. V3 is next on our list to print. dw[/quote']

Can we get a tentative date even if it's something like "Between Janurary or March". At this point "weeks or months away just no longer cuts it imo.

And if Darren gave you a tentative date that, for some reason, wasn't met, you'd complain all the louder.

Personally, I'm content with "it's coming" as opposed to "it was due in January, it was due in March, it was due in August."

Would it help if people who really wanted it could pay today, get the book later, to help with the cash issue?

I'm personally hesitant, because I'd prefer to order through my local brick & mortar game store and try and keep two dinosaurs alive with one stone. But if it would help, I could order it straight from the source.

Steve is a writer' date=' not a publisher or a printer. Once he has written a book, there is nothing further he can do to make it come out faster. His work on Mythic Hero or the Martial World has nothing to do with CV3 being printed. This has been explained before.[/quote']

Thaks - I'm tired of repeating that.

I get that yet an update every now and then on the book would be nice. It's just frustrating to see newer titles being worked on without any news about CV3. Unfortunately imo it has killed any faith in them doing another similar trio of products yet again. I also hope releasing a lot of PDFs and slow print releasess does not become the standard at HG because chances are people will get the PDF first and not the print version later. Extended anticipation on a product also kills interest in a product.

It would be nice to have a page with the "Upcoming Releases", probably starting with the Release Schedule that gets announced at a con and gets a thread on the Boards, that showed the status of each book (eg. "Planned for Summer, 2012"; "Writing in Progress", "In Layout", "Awaiting Printing", etc. While we would retain the frustration that many books remain "Awaiting Printing", there would at least be a "status page". I think Steve would get tired of repeating the status of products that have not moved in weekly updates, but a page that is updated only when there is something new to add, and is not the lead page to the web site, might be more practical.

And if Darren gave you a tentative date that, for some reason, wasn't met, you'd complain all the louder.

Actually no I would not. You don't know me so don't try and speak for me. Beyond this forum I don't know you personally. So how would you know how I would react. I'm not going around making assumptions on how you would act.

Personally, I'm content with "it's coming" as opposed to "it was due in January, it was due in March, it was due in August."

The book has been deylayed almost close to a year now. Even witrh their cash flow problems with all the experience they have publishing books they should at least an idea that they can make pretty good guess. It's not like HG is some new startup rpg company clueless on how the rpg market works. If their financial situation has become that much worse imo it's not a good sign.

It would be nice to have a page with the "Upcoming Releases", probably starting with the Release Schedule that gets announced at a con and gets a thread on the Boards, that showed the status of each book (eg. "Planned for Summer, 2012"; "Writing in Progress", "In Layout", "Awaiting Printing", etc. While we would retain the frustration that many books remain "Awaiting Printing", there would at least be a "status page". I think Steve would get tired of repeating the status of products that have not moved in weekly updates, but a page that is updated only when there is something new to add, and is not the lead page to the web site, might be more practical.

This is a very good idea. The weekly updates are good to yet I think they need something like an "upcoming releases" page. Will posters still complian yes. Then people always will.

Actually no I would not. You don't know me so don't try and speak for me. Beyond this forum I don't know you personally. So how would you know how I would react. I'm not going around making assumptions on how you would act.

The book has been deylayed almost close to a year now. Even witrh their cash flow problems with all the experience they have publishing books they should at least an idea that they can make pretty good guess. It's not like HG is some new startup rpg company clueless on how the rpg market works. If their financial situation has become that much worse imo it's not a good sign.

I'm sorry. I'm basing off the fact that you've been given answers, and yet you still complain because the book is delayed. It happens.

• 1 month later...

You could always take advance orders, I'd be more than happy to commit

V3 will be out before Empress' date=' or Mythic, or Martial World. As we've said, the holdup on V3 has nothing to do with Steve and everything to do with cash flow and the small size of our company. V3 is next on our list to print. dw[/quote']

Can we get a tentative date even if it's something like "Between Janurary or March". At this point "weeks or months away just no longer cuts it imo.

Wow, someone with a avatar and title based on a game from a company that is notoriusly the worst in the gaming industry for getting books out on time (or at all) complaining about a delay on Herogame's schedule. Look at it this way- at least they: 1)Produce PDFs of their books so that you can get the book before the physical copy comes out when there are cashflow probelms, and 2)At least they have never solicited for a book that still has not been produced 20 years later. But you can certainly get upset over the delay if you want, that's your right as a consumer.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Goradin

Kickstarter! Kickstarter! Kickstarter! Kickstarter! Kickstarter! Kickstarter! Kickstarter! Kickstarter!

• 3 months later...
Guest Goradin

Time to pony up folks. If we don't get more support it won't print. Looks like it will be close folks.

Get your retailers to pony up folks.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like it will go right down to the wire. Just under $2300 to go with only 6 days left at the time I'm posting this. Go to the Kickstarter page for a more up to date accounting:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/herogames/champions-villains-3-solo-villains

If more people don't get on board soon, the answer to this thread's title question will probably be "Never."

I hope everyone who clamored for the hardcover on this thread has already pledged. (Scratch that - I hope they have not but that they see this post and pledge now).

I'd say the answer is "probably never", given I don't see any takers for that Retailer Incentive level. If you want it, you need to pony up with the Kickstarter. If you're waiting to see it on a store shelf, you'll probably be waiting a long long time.