A real laser pistol? Power from vacuum? Photons affecting more than one electron?

Kraven Kor

http://www.zpenergy.com/modules.php%3Fname%3DNews%26file%3Darticle%26sid%3D3286

Uh... what?

Sounds pretty far fetched, but awesome. Seems to have applications in both renewable energy AND the long sought after LASER PISTOL.

But at the same time, it would seem to violate everything we understand about physics, even to the point of seemingly creating "free energy."

A more expert, yet still easily absorbed by my layman brain, opinion of this would be appreciated :)

Re: A real laser pistol? Power from vacuum? Photons affecting more than one electro

http://www.zpenergy.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=3286

Tom Bearden writes: Gentlemen: This is eerie, but absolutely true. Please check it out yourself.

Four years ago, Dr. Victor Klimov et al. at Los Alamos National Laboratory produced a permanent solution -- including working models -- of the world energy crisis. This work is printed now in leading physics journals of the world, and in leading nanocrystalline science journals of the world. It was validated by two great U.S. National Labs: (1) LANL and (2) NREL. So it is a scientific fact, proven forever.

The below information is attached for you to check it out technically if you wish to. But at least you should be aware of it.

Sincerely,

Tom Bearden

LT COL, U.S. Army (Retired)

M.S. Nuclear Engineering

www.cheniere.org

P.S. Several nations of the world are now frenziedly using this great nanocrystalline power breakthrough to develop superpowerful but very small self-powering ultra-laser weapons that will revolutionize warfare permanently.

T.E.B.

-------------------- Free and Practical EM Energy from the Vacuum and Its Use to Power Loads

The solution to the World Energy Crisis has been rigorously demonstrated and proven by Klimov et. al. at the Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) and further validated by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) about four years or so ago.

It has been openly published in leading physics journals of the world, and in leading nanocrystalline science journals.

Please check this rigorous work four years or more ago by Dr. Victor Klimov et al.

Dr. Klimov and his colleagues in LANL have constructed tiny nanocrystalline solar cells which can absorb the light of a specific wave length in such a way, that one photon input to a solar cell can and will energize more than one output electron. As soon as the output electron absorbs a photon, it disappears for a very short moment into the quantum field. Being in the virtual state the electron can borrow energy from the vacuum and thereafter appears again in our reality. Now the highly excited electron (with all its excess energy taken freely from the active virtual state vacuum) can energize up to 7 output electrons. This leads to a theoretical coefficient of performance (COP) of up to 700%. A COP = 200% can be easily achieved and it has been, as have been higher values. The experiment has also been replicated successfully and validated by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory in Golden Colorado. [see Herb Brody, "Solar Power - Seriously Souped Up." New Scientist, May 27, 2006, p 45].

Quoting Brody: "Make solar cells as small as a molecule; and you get more than you bargained for. Could this be the route to limitless clean power?"].

Comment by T.E.B.: Note that the super-excited electron, after emerging from the seething virtual state vacuum immersion, actually splits into two or more energized electrons! So the output current of the solar cell process is freely amplified by excess energy taken on from the local virtual state vacuum.

Note that at about COP = 3.0, one could conceivably add clamped positive feedback of one of those output electrons back to the "dive back into the seething virtual state vacuum" input, replacing the original electron input, and the unit would be "self-powering" (powered by energy from the vacuum) while putting out the other two electrons as output.

Or by using some of the output current in a standard photon radiation-producing process, one could have the positive feedback input changed to a radiation photon, to replace the initial solar input entirely.

In this fashion, once "jump started" by some source of solar radiation, the resulting "solar panel" system would become totally self-powering, taking all its input and output energy directly from the seething active virtual state vacuum itself.

Indeed, if many of these tiny nanocrystals are packed together, their output furnishes their own input photons and thus the assemblage becomes "self-powering". An assemblage about the size of your thumb is sufficient to power a large electric automobile.

It appears that Klimov's team and its work is being used presently to develop superpowerful but exceptionally small ultra laser weapons that will revolutionize modern warfare. E.g., a powerful, self-powered Klimov laser weapon the size of a bazooka and carried by one infantryman can in principle be developed that can destroy large buildings, destroy hostile tanks and vehicles easily, destroy ships and boats and trains, shoot down hostile aircraft, and -- with a small sensor apparatus added -- detect and shoot down incoming hostile field artillery rounds.

Such a weapon is self-powering, and so it "never runs out of bullets". No ammunition resupply is needed.

It appears that the long-desired superpowerful laser pistol is also being developed for U.S. Internal Security civilian guard forces, also as an application of Klimov's work. Such a pistol will be able to disable or even kill a targeted human or a group of them at a mile and a half. And it will be self-powering.

Additional references: Richard D. Schaller, Vladimir M. Agranovich and Victor I. Klimov; "High-efficiency carrier multiplication through direct photogeneration of multi-excitons via virtual single-exciton states." Nature Physics Vol. 1, 2005, pp. 189-194.

Richard D. Schaller, Melissa A. Petruska, and Victor I. Klimov; "Effect of electronic structure on carrier multiplication efficiency: Comparative study of PbSe and CdSe nanocrystals"; Appl. Phys. Lett. Vol. 87, 2005, 253102.

Richard D. Schaller, Milan Sykora, Jeffrey M. Pietryga, and Victor I. Klimov, "Seven Excitons at a Cost of One: Redefining the Limits for Conversion Efficiency of Photons into Charge Carriers," Nano Lett. Vol. 6, 2006, p. 424.

Victor I. Klimov, "Spectral and Dynamical Properties of Multiexcitons in Semiconductor Nanocrystals," Annual Review of Physical Chemistry, Vol. 58, No. 1, 2007, p. 635.

M. C. Hanna, A. J. Nozik. "Solar conversion efficiency of photovoltaic and photoelectrolysis cells with carrier multiplication absorbers," Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 100, No. 7, 2006, p. 07450.

Sung Jin Kim, Won Jin Kim, Yudhisthira Sahoo, Alexander N. Cartwright, Paras N. Prasad, "Multiple exciton generation and electrical extraction from a PbSe quantum dot photoconductor," Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 92, No. 3, 2008, p. 031107.

Alberto Franceschetti, Yong Zhang, "Multiexciton Absorption and Multiple Exciton Generation in CdSe Quantum Dots," Physical Review Letters, Vol. 100, No. 13, 2008, p. 136805.

G. Allan, C. Delerue, "Role of impact ionization in multiple exciton generation in PbSe nanocrystals," Physical Review B, Vol. 73 (20), 2006, p.

Hsiang-Yu Chen, Michael K. F. Lo, Guanwen Yang, Harold G. Monbouquette, Yang Yang, "Nanoparticle-assisted high photoconductive gain in composites of polymer and fullerene," Nature Nanotechnology, Vol. 3 (9), 2008, p. 543.

M.C. Beard, R.J. Ellingson, "Multiple exciton generation in semiconductor nanocrystals: Toward efficient solar energy conversion," Laser & Photonics Review, Vol. 2, No. 5, 2008, p. 377.

Quoting: "Now Victor Klimov and colleagues at the Alamos National Laboratory have designed nanocrystals with cores and shells made from different semiconductor materials in such a way that electrons and holes are physically isolated from each other. The scientists said in such engineered nanocrystals, only one exciton per nanocrystal is required for optical amplification. That, they said, opens the door to practical use in laser applications." ["Scientists Create New Type of Nanocrystal," PHYSORG.COM, Nanotechnology, May 24, 2007].

Seo, Hye-won; Tu, Li-wei; Ho, Cheng-ying; Wang, Chang-kong; Lin, Yuan-ting. "Multi-Junction Solar Cell," United States Patent 20080178931, July 31, 2008. A photovoltaic device having multi-junction nanostructures deposited as a multi-layered thin film on a substrate. Preferably, the device is grown as InxGa1-xN multi-layered junctions with the gradient x, where x is any value in the range from zero to one. The nanostructures are preferably 5-500 nanometers and more preferably 10-20 nanometers in diameter. The values of x are selected so that the bandgap of each layer is varied from 0.7 eV to 3.4 eV to match as nearly as possible the solar energy spectrum of 0.4 eV-4 eV.

J. R. Minkel, "Brighter Prospects for Cheap Lasers in Rainbow Colors," Scientific American (website), May 25, 2007.

===============================================

Additional Background Information

Meanwhile, with respect to the desperately needed civilian applications to power automobiles, homes, cities, trains, ships, aircraft, etc., the U.S. Department of Energy is sitting on its hands, and totally ignoring how easily the world energy crisis can now be (indeed HAS BEEN) permanently solved, even after rigorous scientific proof has already been accomplished, and even though it has been developed and validated by LANL, validated also at NREL, and is now widely published in leading physics and nanocrystalline journals worldwide.

The bottom line is that the world energy crisis has been rigorously solved, rigorously replicated and validated, and this solution is now accepted worldwide in physics and nanocrystalline science.

Thus it has been rigorously proven for all time, and it never has to be proven again.

But eerily, it just has not been "generally noticed" yet!

Login Nickname

Password

Security Code: modules.php?gfx=gfx&random_num=588238

Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Related Links · More about Science

· News by vlad

Most read story about Science:

100 miles on 4 ounces of water?

Article Rating Average Score: 3

Votes: 2

stars-3.gif

Please take a second and vote for this article:

stars-5.gif

stars-4.gif

stars-3.gif

stars-2.gif

stars-1.gif

Options

print.gifPrinter Friendly

"The World Energy Crisis: Solved by Klimov et. al. of Los Alamos National Laborat" | Login/Create an Account | 0 commentsThe comments are owned by the poster. We aren't responsible for their content.

Re: A real laser pistol? Power from vacuum? Photons affecting more than one electro

Oh trust me my BS sensors are on full alert; but all the "peer reviewed" and "Los Alamos confirmed" in the (?) article? (?) give me some hope, I guess.

As usual, I will believe it when I see it, but thought it was interesting enough to share and was hoping someone with a more scientific mind than I could give a simple explanation of what, exactly, this is going on about :D

It's extremely hard to find any signal in the noise generated on this subject by the tinfoil hat conspiracy theorists. (This groundbreaking free energy source is being suppressed by Big Oil, btw.) Anyway it seems that some dude by the name of Bearden has latched onto Klimov's work and is loudly misinterpreting what Klimov originally published. Klimov himself does not seem to be making any claims of 700% output, and even points out that the total energy of the output electrons cannot exceed that of the input photon. If I can find more I'll link here.

Zero Point energy has been a theory for a while. It remains a theory. The spin that it is effectively a perpetual motion machine is typical of conspiracy theorists who have no actual physics background.

Also, increasing the efficiency of a solar cell, doubling, tripling, even making it seven times more efficient, doesn't really give you "free energy." The amount of energy exiting the solar cell cannot exceed the amount of energy entering it.

Yeah, it sounds like someone has not fully grasped what "more efficient solar cells" really means.

If such a thing really existed, it would change EVERYTHING. Well, except medical tech, I guess.

First Law of Energy (or was it thermodynamic?):

Energy can't be created. It can only be transformed.

Our classical ways of energy production transform "mass" into "less mass + energy". The relation between energy "generated" and mass "lost" is: Energy = mass times "Speed of Light" times "Speed of Light". Or short: E=mc².

So that energy has to come from some place. Somewhere it has get into that "active virtual state vacuum".

It could be that our understanding of the physics is flawed. For example, heat seems to be an exception in my incomplete understanding.

Also, light that travels long enough get's affected by the Redshift-Effect. It's wavelenght increases, thus it's energy value decreases. That "lost" energy has to be transformed into another kind of, or be negated by an equal amount of energy. Perhaps this is were the energy get's into the "active virtual state vacuum".

But overall I have a lot of doubts about that, and asume it's something around the "Spinach Mistake" or "Dyson Sphere": Misplaced comma or misinterpreted sentence.

Whenever I look at that website' date=' my crackpot meter starts blowing fuses....[/quote']

Was it the "disappears for a very short moment into the quantum field." or "Being in the virtual state the electron can borrow energy from the vacuum"?

I'm strongly considering tracking down the papers cited in the post.

I'm skeptical for a different reason. Turns of phrase such as "t is a scientific fact, proven forever," "will revolutionize warfare permanently," and "rigorously proven for all time" do not strike me as something that would come from a retired Army Lieutenant Colonel with an MS in Nuclear Engineering. They have a much younger "feel" to them than I'd expect from someone who has lived long enough to get those credentials.

I'd also expect such a person to know that the US administrative department is called Homeland Security, not Internal Security.

Was it the "disappears for a very short moment into the quantum field." or "Being in the virtual state the electron can borrow energy from the vacuum"?

The entire homepage is a "word salad" of crank-science catch-phrases. Check out http://www.crank.net and you'll see what I mean. I wouldn't be surprised if you see some of the same authors. (I'm not checking -- too busy, work to do, and all that.)

It is an exciting thing if it can lead to more efficient solar cells. Right now, solar cells are just barely competitive with nuclear power, gas power, hydroelectric power, coal... still too expensive for most households and not quite efficient enough.

If solar cells doubled, tripled, or even quadrupled in efficiency, that makes them considerably more competitive and much more valuable in comparison to existing power sources.

There is room for improvement. When used in detector mode, silicon detectors get up to 60 - 80% efficient at peak, and are down in the 30 - 50% range where the solar energy flux is highest (though silicon falls off as you go to smaller wavelengths). For this reason they are the detector tech of choice for astronomical observations in the visible window now, unless you have some odd small-niche needs. But in power collector mode the efficiency is much lower.

That is essentially Zero Point Energy, the ultimate goal of energy generation technology. I highly doubt with our limited scientific knowledge if such a feat has actually been achieved.

If it's true, it's about damned time they gleaned something from those craft at area 51!

Well, it'd be like trying to reconstruct mnemonic memory circuits using stone knives and bearskins. Sixty years really ain't so bad.

Or as an article I read once explained, if a modern day cruise missile landed at White Sands in 1949, they wouldn't even know how to begin to reverse engineer it. There are simply too many steps between what they knew at the time and design of current systems. They'd be able to determine how it flew (wings and flaps aren't all that different), and what it used for fuel. Maybe even that it contained a nuclear warhead (though far more advanced than anything contemplated then). But the sensors? The GPS uplink? Integrated circuits in the computer guidance system? Using then-current tools just to test it would destroy it.

Well, it'd be like trying to reconstruct mnemonic memory circuits using stone knives and bearskins. Sixty years really ain't so bad.

Or as an article I read once explained, if a modern day cruise missile landed at White Sands in 1949, they wouldn't even know how to begin to reverse engineer it. There are simply too many steps between what they knew at the time and design of current systems. They'd be able to determine how it flew (wings and flaps aren't all that different), and what it used for fuel. Maybe even that it contained a nuclear warhead (though far more advanced than anything contemplated then). But the sensors? The GPS uplink? Integrated circuits in the computer guidance system? Using then-current tools just to test it would destroy it.

but they'd see nothing that would break the laws of physics as they knew it.

Or as an article I read once explained' date=' if a modern day cruise missile landed at White Sands in 1949, they wouldn't even know how to begin to reverse engineer it. There are simply too many steps between what they knew at the time and design of current systems. They'd be able to determine how it flew (wings and flaps aren't all that different), and what it used for fuel. Maybe even that it contained a nuclear warhead (though far more advanced than anything contemplated then). But the sensors? The GPS uplink? Integrated circuits in the computer guidance system? Using then-current tools just to test it would destroy it.[/quote']

They'd get more than you might think. Cruise missiles, jet engines, nuclear bombs, and radar were all around in 1949. The thing they'd probably have the biggest problem with is GPS, mostly because it uses for a reference wouldn't be around. They probably wouldn't destroy the electronics testing them, either - the generator or batteries on-board the missile would tell them how much power the circuits needed.

They probably wouldn't destroy the electronics testing them' date=' either - the generator or batteries on-board the missile would tell them how much power the circuits needed.[/quote']

"But Dr., here is a sticker clearly saying '2xAA bateries, 1.5 Volt'...."

It definitely is a step up from Projekt Pigeon:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pigeon_guided_missile

They'd get more than you might think. Cruise missiles' date=' jet engines, nuclear bombs, and radar were all around in 1949. The thing they'd probably have the biggest problem with is GPS, mostly because it uses for a reference wouldn't be around. They probably wouldn't destroy the electronics testing them, either - the generator or batteries on-board the missile would tell them how much power the circuits needed.[/quote']

Yeah, they were smart guys and they probably would figure out more than we might think. But there are limits to what they could figure out, and even if they knew more or less how it must have worked, that's a far cry from being able to reproduce it. The tools they had to work with are several iterations removed (tools to make the make the tools to make the tools...) from what's need to assemble an integrated circuit board and program the software to operate the missile. Which was the point of the article, as I recall (it's been a long time since I read it and I've never been able to track it down again).

Just because you have a theoretical understanding of how some piece of ultra-tech works, that doesn't mean you can reverse engineer it. It's too big a step all at once. Missiles, jet engines, jet fuel, nuclear warheads, radar--all of that was around. Even the concept of computers was. But they're still at the huge vacuum-tube, room-sized computer programmed with switches or punch cards at best. They may understand that that tiny piece of silicon with metallic designs etched into it is a very tiny computer...but they can't reproduce it. Even with an example to guide them, it will take many years, if not decades, to do so.

Just because you have a theoretical understanding of how some piece of ultra-tech works' date=' that doesn't mean you can reverse engineer it. It's too big a step all at once. Missiles, jet engines, jet fuel, nuclear warheads, radar--all of that was around. Even the concept of computers was. But they're still at the huge vacuum-tube, room-sized computer programmed with switches or punch cards at best. They may understand that that tiny piece of silicon with metallic designs etched into it is a very tiny computer...but they can't reproduce it. Even with an example to guide them, it will take many years, if not decades, to do so.[/quote']

Reproduce it, no. But I expect a big push to improve the transistors already in existence, and a much earlier move to integrated circuitry. I would also expect efforts to adapt the missile design concepts using contemporary tech. Possibly a minor contribution but still helpful: authoritative figures should be less inclined to make public statements about how 5 or 6 computers would be sufficient for the nation's needs. I'm afraid that advanced warhead designs might stunt rocketry development even further; then again, the first manned craft into space and orbit might be planes instead.

• 1 month later...

Exotic vacuum states... (the basis for zero point theory)... According to even the proponents, would require a perfect vacuum... We can't get that in atmo... Not yet at least... Based on that very fact, it is bunk...

However, zero point, as described by the math, isn't perpetual motion. According to the (supposed) physics, it is invoking an exotic vacuum state that release the energy of the background radiation field, (millions of years of energy just being flung into space by the stars, etc) in the form of light and heat and more energetic forms as well...

Even space itself is not a perfect vacuum, so I don't think we'll ever see it

Yeah, they were smart guys and they probably would figure out more than we might think. But there are limits to what they could figure out, and even if they knew more or less how it must have worked, that's a far cry from being able to reproduce it. The tools they had to work with are several iterations removed (tools to make the make the tools to make the tools...) from what's need to assemble an integrated circuit board and program the software to operate the missile. Which was the point of the article, as I recall (it's been a long time since I read it and I've never been able to track it down again).

Just because you have a theoretical understanding of how some piece of ultra-tech works, that doesn't mean you can reverse engineer it. It's too big a step all at once. Missiles, jet engines, jet fuel, nuclear warheads, radar--all of that was around. Even the concept of computers was. But they're still at the huge vacuum-tube, room-sized computer programmed with switches or punch cards at best. They may understand that that tiny piece of silicon with metallic designs etched into it is a very tiny computer...but they can't reproduce it. Even with an example to guide them, it will take many years, if not decades, to do so.

I never read the article, but I think Outsider did and we have discussed it. IIRC the article claimed they wouldn't be able to tell much of anything about the Silicon computer chip. they would basically percieve it as a solid piece of contaminated silicon.

I never read the article' date=' but I think Outsider did and we have discussed it. IIRC the article claimed they wouldn't be able to tell much of anything about the Silicon computer chip. they would basically percieve it as a solid piece of contaminated silicon.[/quote']

In 1944 maybe, but in 1949? I wouldn't think so because transistors had already been invented at that point. Integrated circuitry was still in the future, but circuit boards were familiar and the number of wire traces attached to that little chunk of silicon would tell any competent electronics engineer how important it was to the whole unit.