Day Of The Turkey 2011

Marcus Impudite

(Happy Thanksgiving to all WWYCD readers)

Thanksgiving Day is starts out as it always does: the Thankgiving Day Parade, families making preparations for the day's feast, and more than a few people just about setting their kitchens or driveways on fire trying to deep fry their bird in a big vat of peanut oil...

Then suddenly, there's a massive rumbling in downtown Campaign City. Gob-Lar, the giant, radioactive mutant turkey has been turned loose upon the city while his demented creator is somewhere cackling as he watches the carnage live on the news.

WWYCD?

Re: Day Of The Turkey 2011

I'm just trying to envision all the jokes being make at Kodiak's (and Shadowstrike's) expense about finally finding a turkey big enough to satisfy their appetites... ;D

(note: neither has a 'speedster metabolism' styled disad/complication, but both have reputations amongst their friends for 'hearty' appetites)

Shouldn't that be Gobbler the Giant Turkey and Blackfeet waking him up with his super-stomps?

I kid you not. Adventurer's Club really published this as an example of plot design.

I remember that.

"Gobble the giant turkey is on the interstate, with your DNPC tied to the beak!"

Lucius Alexander

What would a palindromedary do?

I can't decide if Kurzhaan the Conqueror would transform the thing back into a normal turkey to minimize carnage, or decide it would be more fun to fight the monster as is (having had more than one giant animal sicced on him by enemy wizards in his day).

Super Model would check to make sure she didn't drink something that causes hallucinations before flying to the nearest water tower and testing that old wives' tale about turkeys drowning because they're too stupid to close their mouths when looking up into the rain.

Earth Girl would absorb enough rock and dirt to grow to giant size herself, then fight Gob-Lar hand-to-beak.

Since most of Young Scratch's powers involve various forms of hellfire, the city will likely smell of roast turkey for a long time after Thanksgiving.