Starting a Hero System Podcast .... who is interested?

azato

I believe once inertia gets started this will be a very cool thing. To be honest...I don't plan on doing it, just facilitating this into reality.

I am thinking maybe two or three people regulars with a rotating cast. There are plenty of people to come in as "guests".

Who has experience with the system....has run lots of games.....and can speak fairly well?

Who has experience with podcasts or digital recording, at least?

Re: Starting a Hero System Podcast .... who is interested?

I plan to be at winter war. We will meet up.

I created a google Doc for us (everybody interested) can add to or comment on https://docs.google.com/document/d/17G23kZwhJkdAlbz4KB3LmeBIfThb-bshQlvbgcJtEDY/edit

Mudpyr8 - we can communicate via this forum...and the google doc. After Winter War (end of January) we can plan to set up skype meetings.

I don't have the equipment or time to really help out with a podcast, but I have a suggestion anyway. If you guys get this going consider ding some group recordings at any conventions some or all of the contributers attend. I know a lot of Hero folks go to Gencon, and I'm sure a dozen smaller ones too. Might give some board members a chance to participate who would otherwise be unable to do so. In another thread someone mentioned podcasts of actual game sessions. Maybe one-off con games could be recorded?

I don't have the equipment or time to really help out with a podcast' date=' but I have a suggestion anyway. If you guys get this going consider ding some group recordings at any conventions some or all of the contributers attend. I know a lot of Hero folks go to Gencon, and I'm sure a dozen smaller ones too. Might give some board members a chance to participate who would otherwise be unable to do so. In another thread someone mentioned podcasts of actual game sessions. Maybe one-off con games could be recorded?[/quote']

I like that. I'm not sure how many of us will be there, but doing a podcast from Winter War might be worth considering.

After that, I'm not sure about other conventions in the region. The next one that I'm aware of will be DieCon 12 (I think it's #12) in the St. Louis area, coming in June.

I'd be open to forcing my authors and/or artists to come out of their cellars and make guest appearances whenever we release a new product.

You have to force them to go out and support their own work? Color me confused. I've jumped at every chance I got to get more exposure for mine.

Haven't done a podcast yet.

How about' date=' instead of a podcast, interested parties take part in a Google+ Hangout?[/quote']

Maybe in addition to,but not instead of. I have not used that service yet, but will check it out.

I speak fairly well, and would love to help, but suck at the organizational side of things.

If someone basically gave me the idea of what to do, I might be able to run with it. I do not suck at digital recording, but I don't exactly have any good space available to me for filming of gaming stuff.

I believe once inertia gets started this will be a very cool thing. To be honest...I don't plan on doing it, just facilitating this into reality.

I am thinking maybe two or three people regulars with a rotating cast. There are plenty of people to come in as "guests".

Who has experience with the system....has run lots of games.....and can speak fairly well?

Who has experience with podcasts or digital recording, at least?

What's a "podcast"?

Kraven...not to worry. Here are my thoughts.

There are a lot of us who love the hero system. We all have our strong points..or "gifts". There is bound to be somebody to fit the various needs. I can organize..facilitate, etc. I really don't mind. While I can speak, and have done public speaking...I would prefer that be left to others.

Ideally, I would like to get a group of people and come up with plan and assign roles. The people who are the regulars need to have a good chemistry with each other. Not sure how we get that figured out..except through trial.

I posted some questions on the google document...I would like for people to add to them...or even give their answers. Don't worry about messing things up.

Kraven...not to worry. Here are my thoughts.

There are a lot of us who love the hero system. We all have our strong points..or "gifts". There is bound to be somebody to fit the various needs. I can organize..facilitate, etc. I really don't mind. While I can speak, and have done public speaking...I would prefer that be left to others.

Ideally, I would like to get a group of people and come up with plan and assign roles. The people who are the regulars need to have a good chemistry with each other. Not sure how we get that figured out..except through trial.

I posted some questions on the google document...I would like for people to add to them...or even give their answers. Don't worry about messing things up.

I confess to not really knowing the first thing about podcasts. But I've done some broadcasting work... four years of announcing in college radio, one year as a pro. Lots of gaming experience. (Duh!) And I can mix a mean cuba libre.

I confess to not really knowing the first thing about podcasts. But I've done some broadcasting work... four years of announcing in college radio' date=' one year as a pro. Lots of gaming experience. (Duh!) And I can mix a mean cuba libre.[/quote']

I listen to a LOT of podcasts. While I don't think the mechanics is difficult .... It is the planning and editing and dedication to a schedule that will be the potential problems.

Jake Brumley and I attempted to do a Hero podcast but we didn't get very far. In retrospect' date=' I think doing a video tutorial of the Hero System might be a better use of my time.[/quote']

Great idea. While I still hold my position for an audio podcast...there is no reason we cannot have both. They would be a great compliment to each other. Lets let things continue to percolate and we can all get together, via Skype to discuss in February.

Great idea. While I still hold my position for an audio podcast...there is no reason we cannot have both. They would be a great compliment to each other. Lets let things continue to percolate and we can all get together' date=' via Skype to discuss in February.[/quote']

Note to self: get Skype and figure out how to use it.