Starting a Hero System Podcast .... who is interested?

azato

Re: Starting a Hero System Podcast .... who is interested?

I've always wanted to do a podcast, but I can't figure out something that I feel properly qualified to discuss, had longevity as a subject, and has enough appeal to be worth producing.

I have simple equipment to produce one though, but I'm not sure how I could help with a HERO podcast. I could certainly throw out ideas for show structure though.

As one can see from my signature, I also listen to many podcasts, and I actually listen to more than what's in my signature. I need to revise it sometime.

I wonder if Google+ would be a good place to host discussion. I just don't understand that platform.

At work (just about everyone in my company telecommutes) we have been pretty happy with Google+ the last couple weeks... seems more stable than Skype's latest UI atrocity and Adobe Connect gave us some trouble (we have a company account but adobe got rid of the managing group and forgot about many of the subscribers).

Google+ has a whiteboard so it is possible to run a game in a hangout using that for a map... I prefer maptools myself though. But recording a game and the map (if it does a video on G+) would be pretty interesting for a podcast extra.

The BAMF/Vigilance Press Podcast has done some nice actual plays (which would be nice to hear for Hero), product reviews, interviews (including with Steve Long), etc.

http://mikelaff.podbean.com/

If you are interested in helping out...i need you to sign in to Google plus link (given above) or suggest some other means of collaboration. I am doing a lot of commuting in my new job, getting a home ready to sell and finding a home to purchase thus need to make this process as efficient as possible and this thread isn't feasible.

• 1 year later...

I would love to have a HERO system podcast out there.  Savage Worlds does, d20 System does, Dresden Files RPG does, Call of Cthulhu does, everybody but HERO!  And that's sad because Champions/HERO came out before them all...where's the love?  Where are the Actual Play podcasts?  Rules discussions? One Shot scenarios?  Someone get something going because all I've been able to find out there is Thistledown's "Extreme Minority" (which is quite good, BTW).

"'Blasphemy?' Before what, 'God?' A God repulsed by the miserable humanity he created in his own image? I will not be shackled by the failures of your God. The only 'blasphemy' is to wallow in insignificance! I have taken the refuse of your God's failures, and I have triumphed!"
Herbert West, Bride of Re-Animator.

By the way, Dr. Evil... right on!

I'm interested.  Most assuredly as a listener if not a contributor in some way.  Unfortunately, between work and family, my life gets quite busy, and my schedule at work is ever shifting (currently working graveyard shift)

What platforms would this be made available on.  I know the default answer is generally "I-tunes" but I'm one of the 10 people in the civilized world that doesn't use I-tunes. How about Youtube or one of the other free video sites out there?

• 2 weeks later...

So, after being a lurker on this forum for the last few years you've gone and made me sign up as an actual member.... because this is a damn fine idea.  I tend to listen to quite a few podcasts while enjoying the cozy-closeness of my cubicle and a HERO cast would be fantastic.  

As I'm in the process of slowly introducing HERO to my Pathfinder group, and as a relatively new HERO GM, I would definitely benefit from a podcast that focused on viewing the world through the HERO system.  Explaining differences in build techniques for constructing the same thing and showing ways to minimize the GM workload would two great themes for the show.

Anyway, you have my enthusiastic attention.