Thought Experment: Clasic Enimies 2

steriaca

Thought Experment: Let's asume you have a time machien, a yen for the BBB edition of HERO (in other words, you like the 4th edition Hero System), and the desier to see more clasic villians from the Champions Universe ported. Also, let's asume that you can singlehandedly quell tentions between Heroic Publishing and Hero Games. And you convince Rob Bell to publish Clasic Enimies 2. Who would you include in the book?

Re: Thought Experment: Clasic Enimies 2

I might as well start this list...

Groups:

Geodecients(sp?): Shure, Orb is dead, but that is no reasion for Dart, Diamond, and Ultraviolet to split, is it? Once we find a villian to fit into Orb's place, the group will be as goodas new.

The Coruptors Of All: A group of supervillians from another dimention. Thay almost were included in Clasic Enimies fully, till Denis Mahonie (there creator) had to clame that he can run the old Guardians team better than the teams creators when writing the Champions comc book mini-series.

Duos:

Radar and Sonar: The duo catagory is to filled with husban and wife charaters. Why not mutant siblings (brother and sister)?

Hitissume(sp?) and Kawaii: Martial artest boyfriend/ mentlist girlfriend.

Solo:

The Black Enchantress: It took till 5ed to have a decent mystic villian other than Dark Serip and DEMON.

Darkeion: One thing we lack is a good darkness generator.

Enimies fron Enimies the Internatinal File: Just to prove that supers are not just a USA thing.

Now it's your turn.

The Champions First to Third Edition

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icestar#First_to_third_edition

Heroic Publishing

http://www.heroicmultiverse.com/heroicpub/index.php

League of Champions (Heroic Publishing)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_of_Champions

Huntsman (Heroic Publishing)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huntsman_%28Heroic_Publishing%29

Tigress (Heroic Publishing)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tigress_%28Heroic_Publishing%29

Flare (Heroic Publishing)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flare_%28comics%29

Southern Knights (Guild Comics)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Knights

Cheeers

QM

I loved them. I totally inflated their power to keep them relevant.

They were all built on 8d6 attacks and 20 DEF - I took the 4e fates, but not Castle Security version - and had the team fracture; Orb killed, Diamond became rather brutal and bloodthirsty, causing Ultraviolet and Dart to expel him from the team. They eventually reformed as a Villain Family Collective...Ultraviolet (now the mother of twins) Dart, Thunder, Lightning (also having a child), Panda, and Racoon (2 kids)l; kept the Geodesics name though.

I always dug the Geodesics ... I ended up redesigning them from the ground up, making them a bit more of a threat and one of the group's enemies for quite some time. In the end, UV had left the team due to a relationship with one of the heroes (which made the others VERY angry) ;)

The Geodesics got little love. It always seemed to me that they were intended to be starting characters' date=' just like brand new Champions characters, but power inflation eliminated that role before it even started.[/quote']

Did you see the 4th edition reboot of the Geodesics? That was pretty nice, actually. It's called Dystopia. It's a great adventure written by Chris Avellone. I would LOVE to reboot the Geodesics again. That would be a serious challenge.

Radar and Sonar: The duo catagory is too filled with husband and wife characters. Why not mutant siblings (brother and sister)?

We do have twin mutant sister villains, Smoke and Mirrors. Of course Edouard and Anais Vandaleur kind of blur the line between brother/sister and husband/wife. :idjit:

Darkon: One thing we lack is a good darkness generator.

Actually, several spring to mind, including Eclipse of the Crowns of Krim, Shadowdragon, and the awesome goddess/demon Eclipsar.

Enemies from Enemies the International File: Just to prove that supers are not just a USA thing.

Champions Worldwide gives a broad sampling of global supervillains (and heroes), but I agree EtIF included some interesting villain concepts. Mike Surbrook recently posted nice 6E updates to some of those characters. I'll look for them and post a link.

EDIT: Here they are: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/87256-Susano-Re-imagines-Characters-From-Enemies-the-International-File

Did you see the 4th edition reboot of the Geodesics? That was pretty nice' date=' actually. It's called Dystopia. It's a great adventure written by Chris Avellone. I would LOVE to reboot the Geodesics again. That would be a serious challenge.[/quote']

I enjoyed Dystopia from Atlas Games myself. One of the best non-Hero Games adventures published for 4E IMO. The redefining of the Geodesics, and other older Champions villains, as the Coalition, enforcers for an evil corporation masquerading as just another mercenary villain team, was an interesting twist. I could totally see Franklin Stone from the CU using them that way.

For my part, I would love to see Lung Hung and VOICE brought back. The original VOICE of Doom adventure barely scratched the surface of their potential.

While Lung Hung's mutant vampirism is pretty cool, I admit to enjoying a well-done gothic vampire villain (of the non-sparkly variety). I think the CU could use a few more of the vamps from 4E, notably Baron Jean De'Lear, Lady Twilight, and Iggy Vane.

Something else the current CU lacks is a master cyberneticist/bionicist. We have several criminal genetic engineers -- Teleios, Dr. Moreau, King Cobra, the Overbrain -- but nobody specializing in cyborgs. Doc Digital and Cy-Force would be my first choice, although Cyborgs Inc. from 4E VIPER would be acceptable. Maybe we could finally get stats for Dr. Samuel Levy and his cyborg panthers. :eg:

I enjoyed Dystopia from Atlas Games myself. One of the best non-Hero Games adventures published for 4E IMO. The redefining of the Geodesics' date=' and other older Champions villains, as the Coalition, enforcers for an evil corporation masquerading as just another mercenary villain team, was an interesting twist. I could totally see Franklin Stone from the CU using them that way.[/quote']

Gentlemen, I must say I hated that book (and still loathe it). It felt like an author making a change for change's sake, and not for the better.

Sure...from Enemies.....Plasmoid

While Steve Long seems not to have wanted to deal with the unknown alien race which created Plasmoid, he did come up with a very similar energy-being called Plasmarax, the result of a space accident. Plasmarax is currently a gladiator in the Malvan arena (see Champions Beyond).

Enemies 2: Fire and Ice...Terror Inc

Terror Inc. is part of current official Champions Universe past history. Steve Long bumped off Prof. Muerte, but Scorpia, Feur(macher), and Giganto are still around, albeit they've all moved on from TI. If you'd like to see one route to bringing Muerte back into official continuity, may I suggest looking up Digital Hero #44. :sneaky:

Did you see the 4th edition reboot of the Geodesics? That was pretty nice' date=' actually. It's called Dystopia. It's a great adventure written by Chris Avellone. I would LOVE to reboot the Geodesics again. That would be a serious challenge.[/quote']

My friend mentioned it. But could never remember the name of the module. I too love the Geodesics. Never used them as a group but individual members. Ultraviolet has been used as a hero too.