Duck Flavored Killing Attack

OSAT

Ok I would like to first apologize to whoever's signature inspired this since i can't remember your ID.

But someone has the concept of a duck flavored killing attack. This bring the interesting idea of the fact that all obvious powers (of which killing attacks are one) must be detectable by 3 sense groups.

So Touch, Smell/Taste, Mental

I turn to the board and cry Quack! let the duck flavored killing attacks begin.

Re: Duck Flavored Killing Attack

So does the attack also have to be undetectable by Sight and Hearing?

Right, so I might build this as:

Duck Nightmare: Mental Blast 6d6 (Human class of minds) (60 Active Points); Target must be asleep (-1), No Range (-1/2)

The user of this power merely touches a sleeping person who then has a terrifying nightmare involving attacking ducks. The victim awakens with a strong taste of duck in his mouth and a terrible headache.

Ok I would like to first apologize to whoever's signature inspired this since i can't remember your ID. But someone has the concept of a duck flavored killing attack.

I guess it is me :)

But it wasn't even my idea, I just quoted it because I found it's a nice example of "just because it looks like X, does not means a mechanic named X is the best solution".

This bring the interesting idea of the fact that all obvious powers (of which killing attacks are one) must be detectable by 3 sense groups.

So Touch, Smell/Taste, Mental

I turn to the board and cry Quack! let the duck flavored killing attacks begin.

I don't think this combination is allowed. At least one of the sense must be a common targetting sense: sight. And most character don't have mental group sense. So this combination would propably require some form of IPE.

The most simple solution:

The deadly Scream of the Rubberduck:

4d6 Killing Attack

It is visible to sight, hearing and one other sense. Everyone is aware it is a killing attack, the target as well as bystanders.

Mallardiction: (Total: 10 Active Cost, 3 Real Cost) Killing Attack - Ranged 1/2d6 (10 Active Points); Damage Over Time, Target's defenses only apply once, Lock out (cannot be applied multiple times) (13-16 damage increments, damage occurs every 1 Day, -1 1/2), Incantations (-1/4), Perceivable (-1/4) (Real Cost: 3)

Uttering the words of power of the Mallardiction summons a Duck of Doom to seat itself upon the victim's head immoveably, causing the target of the spell to slowly sicken and die over the course of days.

Lucius Alexander

And a duck flavored palindromedary

Peeking Duck - Precognition???

Duck Blind - Invisibility

Qwak - Healing

Hadrosaurid - Growth

Platypus - Aquaduck (Venomous)

Fowl - Gas Attack

Cluster Duck - Area Effect Attack

Duck Tape - Entangle

Good Con-Duck - Mind Control

Qwackerjack - Speed Powers

Duck and Run - Martial Arts Maneuver

Wader Minute - Time Powers

Wandle - Drain SPD

Web Feet - Clinging/Wall Crawling

Back Qwack - Martial Arts Maneuver (Killing Attack)

Muhuwahahaha!!!

QM

Mallardiction: (Total: 10 Active Cost, 3 Real Cost) Killing Attack - Ranged 1/2d6 (10 Active Points); Damage Over Time, Target's defenses only apply once, Lock out (cannot be applied multiple times) (13-16 damage increments, damage occurs every 1 Day, -1 1/2), Incantations (-1/4), Perceivable (-1/4) (Real Cost: 3)

Uttering the words of power of the Mallardiction summons a Duck of Doom to seat itself upon the victim's head immoveably, causing the target of the spell to slowly sicken and die over the course of days.

Lucius Alexander

And a duck flavored palindromedary

Is this a Munchkin reference? "You should know better than to pick up a duck in a dungeon..."

Is this a Munchkin reference? "You should know better than to pick up a duck in a dungeon..."

No, but this is

Duck of Doom: (Total: 95 Active Cost, 11 Real Cost) Drain OCV 2d6 (standard effect: 6 points), Area Of Effect (4m Radius; +1/4), Trigger (Activating the Trigger requires a Zero Phase Action, Trigger requires a Turn or more to reset; You should know better than to pick up a duck in a dungeon; +1/4), Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per Year (effectively permanent); +3 1/4) (95 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Hour, -3), 1 Charge (-2), OAF (I need a new duck....; -1), Costs Endurance (-1/2), Limited Power Only effects the person who picks up the duck (-1/2), Gestures (-1/4), Incantations (-1/4) (Real Cost: 11)

Lucius Alexander

And a palindromedary flavored duck

• 4 weeks later...

Teal Death Do Us Part: (Total: 37 Active Cost, 5 Real Cost) Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6-1, Trigger (Activating the Trigger is an Action that takes no time, Trigger resets automatically, immediately after it activates, Misfire, Character does not control activation of personal Trigger; Affectionate physical contact with a third party; +1/2) (37 Active Points); Damage Over Time, Target's defenses only apply once, Lock out (cannot be applied multiple times) (4 damage increments, damage occurs every 6 Hours, -2 1/2), Limited Power Can only target a person with whom one has been on the most intimate terms (-1 1/2), Extra Time (5 Minutes, Only to Activate, To set up Trigger initially; -1), Side Effects (When trigger is activated, caster turns green; -1/2), Incantations (-1/4) (Real Cost: 5)

A variation on Mallardiction, Teal Death Do Us Part may only be cast on a person of whom the caster has carnal knowledge, and only during or after an act of intimacy. It places a Trigger on the victim that activates if the victim attempts such intimacies with any third party. When activated, the victim is attacked by a flock of ducks; thereafter a few ducks hang around and at regular intervals the victim is flocked again.

It is possible to avoid the Teal Death by disguising the third party (by magic or mundane means) to resemble the caster. Killing the caster will also forestall or stop the spell.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary says you should know who you're flocking with