Another Name Game! The Child...

Enforcer84

Another day, another weird Mastervillain.

This is the brief story of Arthur Roy Bell. Young Arthur was born in the area that would become Sussex, England in the year 1001. A naturalized meta, his differences were discovered within months. He just didn't seem to grow very quickly. At first it was blamed on poor health, but he seemed significantly heartier than his appearance would indicate. His coordination and intellect came early but by the age of 2 he was still...infantile physically. His parents, unable to deal with this talking baby who didn't seem to get older, abandoned him in the wilds and told others he didn't make it through the winter.

Instinctively protecting himself from the elements the infant that wouldn't age used his powers to survive, mostly by locating a nursing mother and "convincing" her to care for him for a few days before moving on. 

As the years went by he developed slowly in body, but rapidly in mind. Taking the name Arthur Roy Bell from hospital records while he was in London, the boy began to settle down. He started an organization to protect him and help him acquire things he desired. 

His keen intellect allowed him to teach himself to read and write and as he grew he was able to feed his desire for knowledge. HIs powers grew as well. 

Having aged 1 year for every century he's been alive, Arthur is now physically about 10 and his goals have expanded as his mind and body have grown. He's particularly active these days as his body, now possessing demigod stamina to back up his mental powers. 

A little scattershot, but this is the rub

I don't want to use the Child as my name as there has been at least one similar character (I believe she was a VIPER Nest Leader)  with the name, though VooDoo Child might work. 

Powers are: Top tier Telekenetic (big VPP) with heroic level telepathy (Small Multipower). Physically he's a small, attractive boy looking about 8 or 9 (little short for his "age") his body is actually pretty strong (STR 10) and he can give himself superhuman TK strength but his body is really tough: CON 50, BOD 25, high REC, END, and STUN as well.  He's a fearsome opponent, the idea of a small child punching people through walls is terrifying; but prefers to stay behind the scenes and protect his identity. 

Any ideas? Are their any mythological/fantastic creatures that look like children? Doesn't have to be British culture either, I could change that if another culture had something he might easily appropriate. 

I had the same thought. Though given his 'pedigree' I might alter the spelling to something like Brainchylde...

I'm not very original.  It was the name of the villain the first time the Avengers crossed over into the Squadron Supreme world.

Given the start of the backstory, he reminded me a little of an Inuyasha character.   I think he was only referred to as "The Infant".  He was split off from the body of the series' Big Bad (Naraku-long and complcated story for those who dont know the series).  At least a couple of times he hid with recent mothers replacing the actual child not unlike the changeling legends.   Essentially with brainwashing, (if I remember his powers right, by sensing and manipulating the "darkness" of one's "heart").  I think the fandom gave him the name "Akago", if anyone desires to look him up.

I would call him--The Infinite One.  The way I figure it, his powers very likely include immortality, manifested as his decreased rate of aging, and his other powers are very likely to increase as his life goes on.  Who knows how powerful he may become as the centuries pass?

Actually, he might.  He may have figured out how he became as powerful as he is, and he may have even figured out how to leap ahead a few centuries to realize his full potential--to become truly Infinite.  This would require some very rare magic artifacts or some unique technology that he would have to acquire through means fair or foul, which would bring him to the attention of the PC heroes.

Hope that helps.

Well, I figure from the description he will die.  But, it might be a 6-10 thousand year life span.  Enough to where he can take a long route in plan fulfillment.   Besides his peak is liable to start  around the year 3000.  So, in the modern age he might be more inclined to make a comfortable niche (clarifying that as being relative, of course, he probably is in the longlived megalomaniac class after all) for himself, and use his group to acquire the amount of power he needs for that.  Can help him practice up for the galactic empire he plans on ruling for 2-3 millenia when his powers reach full strength.  (of course, he may end up pulling a Flint and start aging normally off Earth, but that doesnt matter at the moment)

Another anime character he does remind me of is the kid from Cowboy Bebop's Sympathy for the Devil episode

A good advisor for him could be called The Caretaker, someone of normal lifespan, who can be his righthand man, he knows he will not be around to see when his leader reaches his peak.  But, he is there to protect him and advise him along the way.  And it could be a generational position, one of his children will be the next Caretaker.  And the grandchild will be next, etc.