Arrow ~

Greywind

On 10/13/2017 at 7:02 PM, Pattern Ghost said:

I saw the first episode of Legends, and it looks like it's shaping up to continue in the same more lighthearted vein as last season. Not sure what the overarching plot is going to be, though.

It certainly went by fast, unlike Marvel's The Inhumans whose first episode I still think is running.

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, Toxxus said:

Hope she finds success.

A lot of stars bail on a long running, successful series only to realize they aren't able to get a primary role of their own on another show.

There's only 10 episodes left in the series. I doubt deciding not to stick around for those will have a major impact on her career. 

1 minute ago, rjcurrie said:

I'm not sure doing the 10 shows left in the series will have a major impact on her career. 

In terms of her star power and such - probably not.

But those 10 shows come with 10 paychecks and if this turns out to be the height of her career then that's a big chunk of cheddar.

If she finds another project in short order (or already has one lined up) then her jumping ship might be a good thing.

As an actor, I can assure you that playing the same character week after week, year after year, can take a toll on many people. Most actors get into acting because they want to explore different characters, different ways of expressing themselves and interacting with the world. Spending all your time stuck in one can eventually wear you down. You may get to the point of having to decide if the paycheck is worth the cost to your soul.

• 8 months later...

“The real reason the backdoor pilot for the proposed Green Arrow and the Canaries series was created is because Marc Guggenheim was asked by The CW to make an additional episode to bridge the gap between the Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover episode and series finale, and also bring the episode order for Season 8 from nine to ten.“ ~ IMDB

Hey, worked for The Flash.