Arrow ~

Greywind

• 1 month later...

OK we got a new Black Canary in training and Talia Al-Gul to give Oliver more training(Archery and other stuff)
my question is
Since for the most part Green Arrow is DC universe 001's Batman equivilant and blending the 2 together
1 will this Black Canary be the true love of his life?

2 Will Talia Al-Gul chase Green Arrow like she does Batman to make a child?

I'm going to assume that Talia has long gone off the League of Assassin's reservation for trying to get control of it unlike Nyssa

If Talia wanted to make babies with Ollie, I think we would have seen her before season 5.  Unless of course it was a done deal. However, since he already has been shown to have one illegitimate child, I doubt they will go that route.  It would seem repetitive.

As for your first question, I haven't a clue.

naw the flashbacks are her setting up various others (not shown) and Ollie as possible suitors
now 5 yrs later she can go back and weed out the chaff

If Talia wanted to make babies with Ollie, I think we would have seen her before season 5.  Unless of course it was a done deal. However, since he already has been shown to have one illegitimate child, I doubt they will go that route.  It would seem repetitive.

As for your first question, I haven't a clue.

I think the new Canary has potential: both actress and character. We'll see. And having Talia give Ollie his first Arrow suit actually explains why it's so similar to the League of Assassins outfits, so that's a nice post-hoc explanation.

Tho someone really needs to explain to Berlanti & Co. that when you blow up aircraft, you just killed all the people inside. Last week Supergirl, this week Arrow...

I'm pretty sure Arrow doesn't care too much. He's gone back to his Casual Killer limitation this season.

Granted, tho he usually at least gives lip service to "we only kill when there's no other way." It made it feel more than a little off for him to give the "Don't kill him; you're better than that" speech right after blowing up the helicopter, not mention all the mooks Dinah just gunned down.

I think the new Canary has potential: both actress and character. We'll see. And having Talia give Ollie his first Arrow suit actually explains why it's so similar to the League of Assassins outfits, so that's a nice post-hoc explanation.

Tho someone really needs to explain to Berlanti & Co. that when you blow up aircraft, you just killed all the people inside. Last week Supergirl, this week Arrow...

Lexi Doig makes me think that Emma Peel was immortal.

• 4 weeks later...

Theory:  Adrian Chase is both Prometheus and the Vigilante.

First, Adrian Chase was the Vigilante in the comics.

Second, no one besides Prometheus has seen Vigilante besides Adrian as Prometheus.  He tosses Vigilante off the roof, and there is no sign of him.  I think this took place in his head.

he made a 911 call and Id'ed the body over the phone
and no word of it gets out to Team Arrow

either Felicity is off her game or it was all in Chase's head
I'm going w/ the latter

Theory:  Adrian Chase is both Prometheus and the Vigilante.

First, Adrian Chase was the Vigilante in the comics.

Second, no one besides Prometheus has seen Vigilante besides Adrian as Prometheus.  He tosses Vigilante off the roof, and there is no sign of him.  I think this took place in his head.

• 1 month later...

Cross posted to other Arrowverse threads.

The CW needs to fight superhero fatigue: The blueprint for 2017-18

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/more-tv-news/the-cw-needs-to-fight-superhero-fatigue-the-blueprint-for-2017-18/

Bottom line: Supergirl is steady, but other Arrowverse shows are down in ratings, Legends 20%, Flash 21%, & Arrow 31%. 

CW has 10 hours per week, 40% total to the 4 Arrowverse shows. 

Click the link for info on other shows.

• 2 weeks later...

After watching last week's episode, I think I finally put my finger on what has been bugging me for 4 years about the way Arrow frames it's moral choices. At no point did anyone try to talk Felicity from Going Rogue because it would be wrong or bad or counterproductive or not in the greater good or anything remotely related to ethics. Just that she shouldn't do it because she "shouldn't have to carry that burden." (Or words to that effect.) Similarly, all the debates over Oliver's constantly-shifting stance on killing vs not-killing have been around the stain that killing leaves on Oliver's soul, or because I promised Tommy I wouldn't, or because we shouldn't sink to their level or whatever. Ditto for torturing "bad guys" to get information. It's an entire self-centered approach that cares about neither morality nor practicality. According to Arrowethics, doing bad things are only bad if they have a negative effect on you.

Yeah, I know it's the CW, and I'm not expecting a detailed treatise on Utilitarian vs. Stoic approaches to ethical decision making. But I mean come on!

• 3 weeks later...