Name Game, United States Patriotic Villains Edition.

Enforcer84

So if you were a delusional "Savior" of America (named General Mayhem) and you had a group of super powered minions what would you dub them?

The minions are manufactured, by and large and represent high tech/cybernetic/genetic type power origins.

A massive, Cyberetic Tank: powerful, high defenses, slow.

A genetically Engineered humanoid eagle (Must...not...call...him...Sam...)

An Electrical Generator I may make into a "Battlin' Bengamin Franklin" but am floating other options

A Rosie the Riveter, low level brick with with a bolt gun - probably gonna call her Rosie

A "personal fighter jet" powered armor - Jet

A hyper athlete with a baseball theme

This is for my Divine Right's General Mayhem of course. 

They will be more or less 400-500 points and probably a bit unbalanced as a result. I'll take mildly amusing names under consideration:)

These guys/gals know they're outlaws think they're fighting a good fight some are criminal (but American Criminals, darnit!) I'll be working on builds but a good name might spark changes :)

In order, maybe:

The Pentatank (assuming its shaped vaguely like the Pentagon)

If you don't mind recycling a Golden Age name, I like American Eagle ("there's lots of weirdoes around here")

Direct Current (invented by Edison)

Rosie works, maybe Equal Opportunity? (note: many historical 'rosies' were African American)

Name the jet after an actual US model - e.g. Phantom, Fighting Falcon, or Raptor

Baseball guy: Phenom.  If he were a speedster, I kinda like Hit n' Run - lol

Is General Mayhem going for a military theme?  I have a quasi-military team whose members were military equivalent occupations: Cavalry, Armor, Sniper, Medevac, Recon, etc.

I also have a team of "evil heroes" called the All Americans, (American Way, American Maid, American Ingenuity, etc) to which I'm adding a new member based your last - American Pastime.

Chris.

I was thinking the tank could be called Patton, and the jet fighter--after CaptnStrawberry's suggestion--could be called Shooting Star or Super Sabre.  (I figure the General is a retro sort of guy.)

I don't suppose there's any chance of a heel-face turn among this group?  I understand the idea of an All-American villain is a popular one, but still I tend to cringe and mutter unpleasantly whenever they turn up. Perhaps the eagle could be the one to realize that Mayhem's campaign would destroy America rather than save it.

Hope that helps.

I was thinking the tank could be called Patton, and the jet fighter--after CaptnStrawberry's suggestion--could be called Shooting Star or Super Sabre.  (I figure the General is a retro sort of guy.)

I don't suppose there's any chance of a heel-face turn among this group?  I understand the idea of an All-American villain is a popular one, but still I tend to cringe and mutter unpleasantly whenever they turn up. Perhaps the eagle could be the one to realize that Mayhem's campaign would destroy America rather than save it.

Hope that helps.

Good ideas, but no the minions are just that, minions. They are being dressed up by the weirdo for the most part. They are just criminals who work for a deluded wanna be savior of America. 

I have plenty of patriotic heroes to counter the seven or so, here and Pariah my other one. 

Warbird

Val   Char   Cost    Roll     Notes

35    STR      25      16-      Lift 3200.0kg; 7d6 [3]

27    DEX     34      14-      OCV:  10/DCV:  10

35    CON     25      16-

10    INT        0       11-      PER Roll 11-

11    EGO      1       11-      ECV:  3 - 5

35    PRE      25      16-      PRE Attack:  7d6

10    OCV     35     

10    DCV     35     

3     OMCV  0      

5     DMCV  6      

6     SPD      40                  Phases:  2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12

20    PD          6                   Total:  20 PD (12 rPD)

20    ED         6                   Total:  20 ED (12 rED)

15    REC     11

70    END     10

20    BODY  10

70    STUN   25      Total Characteristic Cost:  294

Movement:    Running:  12m/24m

Flight:  48m/88m/96m/176m

Leaping:  4m/8m

Swimming:  4m/8m

Cost   Powers                                                                                   END

56      Cry Freedom:  (Total: 64 Active Cost, 56 Real Cost) Blast 8d6 (Real Cost: 40) plus Hearing Group Flash 8d6 (24 Active Points); Linked (Deadly Shriek; -½) (Real Cost: 16)           6

40      Wings:  Multipower, 60-point reserve,  (60 Active Points); all slots Restrainable (-½)               

1f       1)  Gliding:  Flight 24m, Invisible Power Effects (Inobvious to Hearing Group; +¼) (30 Active Points); Gliding (-1), Restrainable (-½), Restrainable (-½)                                       0

2f       2)  Stooping:  Flight 40m, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½) (60 Active Points); Only To Dive At Targets For Move Bys (-1), Restrainable (-½)                                                                  0

2f       3)  Wings:  Flight 24m, Invisible Power Effects (Inobvious to Hearing Group; +¼) (30 Active Points); Restrainable (-½) 3

Eagle Abilities                                                                               

10      1)  Beak:  Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand ½d6 (3d6 w/STR)          1

5         2)  Bird's Eyes:  Increased Arc Of Perception (240 Degrees) with Sight Group             0

8         3)  Eagle Eyes:  +16 versus Range Modifier for Normal Sight        0

5         4)  Enhanced Eagle Eyes:  Nightvision                                  0

Rugged Physique                                                                         

4         1)  Made for Flgiht:  Life Support  (Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum)      0

18      2)  Toughened Hide:  +12 ED, Resistant (+½) (18 Active Points)  

18      3)  Toughened Hide:  +12 PD, Resistant (+½) (18 Active Points)   

Aerial Combat

Maneuver        OCV   DCV    Notes

4         +1 HTH Damage Class(es)

5         Aerial Evasion --       +4      Dodge All Attacks, Abort; FMove

5         Aerial Snatch   -2       -1      Grab Two Limbs, 50 STR for holding on; FMove

4         Escape              +0      +0      55 STR vs. Grabs

5         Evasive Strike +1      +3      8d6 Strike

5         Flying Strike    +1      +0      8d6 +v/10; FMove

3         Flying Tackle  +0       -1      8d6 +v/10 Strike; You Fall, Target Falls; FMove

4         Strike                +0      +2      10d6 Strike

Perks

2         The Zoo:  Contact:  Former Team Mates in The Zoo 11-

Skills

16      +2 with HTH Combat

3         Acrobatics 14-

3         Breakfall 14-

3         Bribery 16-

2         CK: St Louis, MO 11-

3         Interrogation 16-

2         KS: Social Media 11-

2         KS: The Metahuman World 11-

2         Navigation (Air) 11-

3         Security Systems 11-

3         Shadowing 11-

3         Streetwise 16-

2         WF:  Small Arms

Total Powers & Skill Cost:  253

Total Cost:  547

400+ Matching Complications

15      Distinctive Features:  Winged, Eagle Headed Humanoid (Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

147    Experience Points

Total Complications Points:  547

Background/History:  A mildly successful street punk with big dreams and low impulse control, Langdon volunteered to be a test subject in an underground metahuman factory. His genetic material spliced with that of a random animal, he and the other volunteers were transformed into the short lived villain team, the Zoo.

But the group didn't get along well even before their transformations and fell apart quickly after forming. A few, notably Gator and Mongoose, mutated far beyond the others and became more animal than men and have subsequently died in rampages. The rest went their separate ways. Langdon, once known as "The Eagle" was recruited heavily by General Mayhem to join the Revolutionary Army.

Adopting the monicker "Warbird" and tacitly accepting a red, white and blue monstrosity of a costume before developing his own, Langdon settled in with a group of more or less "normal" cirminals - if a bit too political for his tastes.

Personality/Motivation:  Langdon is frustrated, the eagle head he's got makes certain interactions difficult, he's just glad he didn't get talons. At the end of the day, however being a metahuman with high earning potential and the ability to impose is will to a limited extent is a moderate to good equalizer.

He plays nice with the Revolutionary Army - he's apolitical at best, so he's a bit uncomfortable with them but money and an outlet for his baser insticts are his primary concerns and they provide them. He's developed into quite the online party animal. Because on the internet, no one knows you have a bird head.

Quote:

Powers/Tactics:

Campaign Use:

Appearance:  Warbird is a powerfully built man with huge black and brown feathered wings as well as the white feathered head of a bald eagle. His voice is kind rough and borders on shrill when he gets excited or angry. Speaking was difficult for him at first but over the years his speech has really improved.

He stands about 6'3'' weighs a surprisingly light 165lbs (hollow bones) and his wingspan is 15 feet, but he is able to compress his wings even better than his bald eagle cousins.

His uniform has changed a bit, it's blue with a red and white cloak over the shoulders

Invictus was a "Patriotic" villain who appeared in a 4th edition supplement "Villains Unbound".  He was a energy projector with powers like Pulsar, but with a political background.  In "Night of the Destroyer" he appeared in a background news report as a U.S. Senator.  He had a public identity and his name was David Sutherland, and his ambitious was to become President of the United States.