ARENA GAMES: General Discussion (Season 3)

Logan D. Hurricanes

Results are up!

Good start with 16 voters deciding the victory. Most matches were extremely close, as you might imagine. More importantly, I'm getting my logistics down for this season :rockon:

Be sure to let me know your fight plans by Sunday evening, 7 pm Eastern. Monday is a Tag Team battle in the Gotham City Shipyard, so good luck!

Feel free to give plans in advance, too, if you want.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick request for clarification: A character we use on Friday is unavailable on the following Monday (if she wins) or the following Monday and Tuesday (if he loses), and a losing character in a Thursday match can't be used Friday or Monday. Correct?

Quick request for clarification: A character we use on Friday is unavailable on the following Monday (if she wins) or the following Monday and Tuesday (if he loses), and a losing character in a Thursday match can't be used Friday or Monday. Correct?

This is correct.

The one exception is preseason exhibition warriors can be used this anytime week.

Great matchups this week. I feel like a complete heel voting against Spinneret and Rockslide's team, because the contestants are bringing interesting new characters to the table and deserve to be rewarded and the best I can say is that Karate Kid is too heavily hampered by environmental effects and that Valkyrie and Thundra (rowr) have weapons reach. Though I guess so does Rockslide. . . 

Okay, so I am curious if anyone knows what might be causing this problem I am having. I want to access the Match and Results pages but every time I click on them I get the following message: 

Google Docs encountered an error. Please try reloading this page, or coming back to it in a few minutes.

To learn more about the Google Docs editors, please visit our help center.

We're sorry for the inconvenience.

- The Google Docs Team

This isn't an issue of me not being able to access docs, though. I can easily open up the roster page and use google docs on a simi-regular basis. This problem isn't even permanent on these links, either. I have, on rare occasion, been able to open them too. But I fail the vast majority of the time. I am not sure what is causing my inability to open these docs, though. Any thoughts?

Foreign Orchid.

Okay, so I am curious if anyone knows what might be causing this problem I am having. I want to access the Match and Results pages but every time I click on them I get the following message: 

This isn't an issue of me not being able to access docs, though. I can easily open up the roster page and use google docs on a simi-regular basis. This problem isn't even permanent on these links, either. I have, on rare occasion, been able to open them too. But I fail the vast majority of the time. I am not sure what is causing my inability to open these docs, though. Any thoughts?

Foreign Orchid.

Is anyone else having problems like this?

The only thing I can think of right now is to try a different browser. Which browser are you using now?

Is anyone else having problems like this?

The only thing I can think of right now is to try a different browser. Which browser are you using now?

I am using google chrome and running Linux Mint. 

Yeah, it is a really strange issue. I can open the roster fine every single time. But I can't count the number of times I have tried to access the other two links just to find myself being told there is an issue. And it isn't like I have never accessed to Matches' sheet. It just has been a rare feat that seems random at best. At first I thought it might be because there was too much traffic going to the document at once (like right after you posting a result or such and people going to check things out) but considering how often I try and the fact that I am awake at a time when most everyone else is asleep, I doubt that is the issue. 

All in all, I am just flat puzzled at why this would occur with only those two links. 

Foreign Orchid. 

Color me dumbfounded once again. I just tried using FireFox and both troubling links opened up right away. I then switched back to Chrome to see if the issue was still happening and sure enough it isn't. I will try switching to F.F. again next time I have this issue and see if it is happening across browsers at the same time or not. 

Foreign Orchid. 

Edit: (11:02pm JST)

I closed the sheets and tried to re-access them from Chrome and failed. I then opened up FF and immediately before clicking on them with FF, I tried with Chrome once more. Chrome Failed but FF worked fine. Immediately after opening with FF, I could open with Chrome.

I am not sure what is going on. I closed the FF browser and the Matches sheet in Chrome and found that I could still open the Matches sheet with chrome despite that. But I am unable to open up the results page. Using FF, I am still able to open up the Results' page. After opening with FF, I am now able to open with Chrome..

Seriously, this is the strangest issue I can imagine. Why does Chrome seem to care about opening those two links but not the other two (rosters and arena)? Why does Chrome decide to open those two after FF opens them but then decides to not do so after FF closes for a bit? 

Foreign Orchid.