John Wick / Keanu Reeves for 6e

Hyper-Man

Made some minor updates to the character.

Changes made to 1st post in this thread and Downloads section.

Added links to a custom STR lifting chart.

Added Reduced END for meeting STR minimums with handguns.

Added links to a custom hit location alternative.

Added Italian to AK and Languages (speculation based on previews of new movie).

:)

HM

Based on the trailer Part Two is more of his amazing ghost-like ability to walk straight in the front door and shoot everything that moves.  I'm starting to think the Russian thing about Baba Yaga was just to scare the kid, not because John Wick was in any way remotely stealthy.

Baba Yaga isn't a stealthy monster stalking you from the shadows.

Baba Yaga is an unstoppable force that will ruin everything you hold dear and leave you either dead or wishing to be dead. People discuss her in whispers at night because they're afraid that if they talk too loudly they'll wake up to see her outside their front door in the morning.

• 3 weeks later...

Made some minor updates to the character.

Changes made to 1st post in this thread and Downloads section.

Added links to a custom STR lifting chart.

Added Reduced END for meeting STR minimums with handguns.

Added links to a custom hit location alternative.

Added Italian to AK and Languages (speculation based on previews of new movie).

HM

Updated the character further based on discussions in this thread:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/topic/94240-heroic-end-weapon-str-minimums-multiple-attack-autofire-and-guns/

*See 1st post and downloads section.

:D

HM

• 3 months later...

On further thought, it occurs to me that the John Wick universe is borderline urban fantasy. It would be trivial to fit vampires or John Constantine into the series.

...so inspite of his gender and no iron dentures and a taist for baby flesh, it becomes possable for Mr. Wick to be the Baba Yagua. Odd...

I've gotten into the discussion of the economics of the Wickiverse elsewhere.  The big question mark is that we never see anyone earn coins--so far they've only been used as payment (and, once in the first movie, to buy a favor).  But yeah, contracts are paid out in $millions, while the Continental accepts only(?) the coins.  Otherwise, operating on its own currency would be useful to the Continental the way gift cards or Disney Dollars are--it helps keep your clientele locked in to your ecosystem, and it also insulates transactions from outside annoyances like taxes and financial tracking.  The exchange rate would seem to be around US$2000 per coin, give or take, as each buys approximately one weapon, half a suit, a weekend at the Continental, or an evening in the Continental lounge.

I sort of doubt if the writers actually thought it through to this extent in the first film, though.  It's really just a Rule Of Cool™ device.

HM The characteristic max for himan is 30 in 4e? Hmm I don't remeber that.

I don't understand the reason for the question.  Did I mention 4e rules somewhere in this thread?

As far as I know, the 30 limit was introduced in the 5e Champions book:

post-2288-0-05534100-1487441544.jpg

This was then formally added to the core rules in 6e:

post-2288-0-90137700-1487441982.jpg

HM

post-2288-0-05534100-1487441544_thumb.jpg

post-2288-0-90137700-1487441982_thumb.jpg

I don't understand the reason for the question.  Did I mention 4e rules somewhere in this thread?

HM

attachicon.gif5e Champions Characteristics Standards.jpg

attachicon.gif6e HERO System Characteristics Standards.jpg

I am pretty sure that those were there to help GM's come up with characteristic averages, not to use as a hard limit in Heroic Level gaming.

I am pretty sure that those were there to help GM's come up with characteristic averages, not to use as a hard limit in Heroic Level gaming.

That's true for 5e since it was in the Champions genre book.  However, for 6e it is part of the core rules so I think Steve intended it to be a hard limit for 'human' in any genre.

I'm guessing that Nijna-Bear's question was due to my giving John an otherwise pedestrian 18 DEX with only +3 Lightning Reflexes.  If that is the case I could imagine the points previously spent on Marcus as a Contact being put towards more DEX and/or Lightning Reflexes for the Chapter 2 version.  That would reflect him no longer being 'rusty' and would fit with the step up in the quality of opponents he faces in the sequel.

HM

I don't understand the reason for the question. Did I mention 4e rules somewhere in this thread?

HM

5e Champions Characteristics Standards.jpg

6e HERO System Characteristics Standards.jpg

Thats what I thought and sworre you quoted 4th ed. Np, my bad.

Thats what I thought and sworre you quoted 4th ed. Np, my bad.

from 6e1 pg 49 last paragraph on the page

"The accompanying Characteristics Comparison Table lists some suggested guidelines that should apply well to most campaigns, but the GM can change the ranges listed for each category if he wants."

The italicized words appear in the original text with that style.

Besides that the text talks about the chart only applying to "Humans", which at once makes it very squishy. So an Ogre PC could have a 40Strength because they aren't human.

That's true for 5e since it was in the Champions genre book.  However, for 6e it is part of the core rules so I think Steve intended it to be a hard limit for 'human' in any genre.

I'm guessing that Nijna-Bear's question was due to my giving John an otherwise pedestrian 18 DEX with only +3 Lightning Reflexes.  If that is the case I could imagine the points previously spent on Marcus as a Contact being put towards more DEX and/or Lightning Reflexes for the Chapter 2 version.  That would reflect him no longer being 'rusty' and would fit with the step up in the quality of opponents he faces in the sequel.

HM

I'm actually wondering if 18 Dex isn't too high.  Wick is no gymnast.