A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

Yay! The Daily Show and Colbert Report are back!

Andrew Sullivan was on the Colbert Report.

It was kind of awkward both shows theme was the writers strike.

But it was funny and I actually watched an hour of actual television for the first time in three months.

I stupidly left both of my calculators at my two workplaces, and I had to sit in the same room with my son to force him to work on an assignment he'd had over break (so I couldn't go use the PC downstairs). I had to crunch some numbers for a PBEM electronic soccer league I'm in, which involves some sums, products, quotients, and raising things to the 3/2 power, and very occasionally taking some tangents/arctangents.

So I picked up the dirty slide rule my wife had picked up at a yard sale, and sat at the table with my son; I crunched my numbers while he gathered the facts for his report out the library books we'd checked out. He was fascinated by the non-electronic computer.

I wonder if this happens to anyone else...?

Posts that are a little long and that a fair amount of work go into seem to roll with the tumbleweeds while single-line throwaway posts seem to be read by more people than are actually visiting the boards at the time?

Not for everyone, includes some vulgarity, but I bet some will like it, includes political humor (very liberal/potentially offensive, PLEASE PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK) mixed with superhero references. Although this guy can go off the deep end at times, I like a lot of his language usage and humor, some of his things get rather surreal.

whoops, here's the link! Name is Mark Day if you already know of him -

I must confess I have gotten a little carried away with the new friends feature. I now have 100 friends here via this new feature.

Haven Walkur was the first as she brought it to my attention and then Hyperman popped up with a request as well.

After that well, with one exception, I have been the one sending out requests to the great and the good, the moderators and the posters, the rich and the poor, the downtrodden masses and the those who soar above. And I still have requests to be a friend outstanding.

So if you aren't on the Tribble's friend list and you think you ought to be, drop me a line.

This morning I was talking to a paramour, sort of half awake and rambling, and I said

"I'm not a teetotaler, but if you ever wonder why I drink so seldom, it's because I've observed that a man who doesn't control his drinking will end up with his drinking controlling him.":drink:

I'm so glad I am not one of those who had to learn that lesson the hard way.

Lucius Alexander

No, I'm not addicted to anything else either. Sorry. Whatever else the palindromedary is, you can't explain it away as a hallucination.

It's probably too late to start a thread for "Your favorite NGD threads, 2007", but to me there really was none better than Solomon's Draft a Superteam thread. Real creativity in there, and more nostalgic pleasure for me than I'd got in a long time. A pity Solomon's been idle for 7 months now. :(