Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

Words to live by:

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE

1000 AM HST MON JAN 14 2008

.SYNOPSIS...

THE ATMOSPHERE IN OUR AREA IS RATHER DRY AND STABLE. THE LOW THAT IS

CAUSING HIGH SURF IS PRESENTLY 800 MILES NORTHEAST OF THE ISLANDS.

AS IT DRIFTS WESTWARD THROUGH TUESDAY IT WILL WEAKEN THE TRADE

WINDS.

Well I joined the Greens. Just finished buying a 2007 Toyota Prius with 10,000 miles. Now if Farmers will get off their @$$ and give me my settlement.

I have no problem saving the planet, if it isn't an unfunded mandate by the government.

I got my wish! I'm going back to night shift here! That means no answering the phone 50-60 times, and no handling 20-40 emailed requests from out customer!

Not to mention the +15% Shift Differential! :D

And if I *really* got what I asked for (permanenet nights instead of 3 month rotations), I can start attending real classes to get out of this HeckHole.

Every now and then I wonder if Fred logs on anonymously from some internet cafe, sees that the "Musings on random musings" thread is still running, and reaches out to the touch the display fleetingly, his fingers just brushing the screen. A murmured "It's still there..." whispering from his lips as a single tear falls from his chin into his no-foam skinny decaf latte.

This btw, is probably why I have insomnia. But I still wonder.

Interesting site. This guy was a virgin until he was in his 20's, now he offers advice on how to deal with that sort of thing. Now he's been in a relationship for the last two years, and it looks like he was snagged by a smart girl.

I know most of the guys here don't fit the gamer stereotype of the guy who's never even talked to a girl (but then, who does?), but it might have something helpful for anyone looking for advice on getting back onto that horse.

The "Basic Things No One Told Me About Sex" article is facinating, for me. Who knew this was stuff you guys had to figure out?

I just got busted for sending the new director a snarky e-mail.

This resulted in my finally having a meeting with my director where I explained that I have no job left. The administration has done a very fine job of letting me know that I'm no longer welcome here. Nothing to lose. They won't fire me, I would have to do something drastic for that. My days are numbered here, though. My productive days here are long over.