A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

If you change the order of certain words in a thread, you can change the meaning of the thread? For example:

The actual thread: How many dragon's teeth adorn YOUR shield?

Reworded: How many shields adorn YOUR dragon's teeth?

The actual thread: Cool guns for your game

Reworded: Cool games for your gun

A Polish immigrant went to the DMV to apply for a driver's license.

First, of course he had to take an eyesight test. The optemetrist showed him a card with the letters: C Z W I X N O S T A C Z

"Can you read this?' asked the optemetrist.

"Read it?" the Polish guy replied, "i know the guy."

I have no TV, don't listen to radio, and don't read a paper on a daily basis.

And even I am getting tired of hearing about Britney Spears.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary adds that something is not necessarily an epic tragedy just because it can shake Speares.

Just got back from throwing away my vote in the Super Tuesday primary. My first two choices had dropped out of the race before I could vote so I was relegated to voting for my third choice. It looks like my third choice has little chance of winning either.

My ideas for election reform (not really original but I like this idea):

All Primaries and/or Caucus are held on the same day throughout the nation, exactly 6 months before the General Presidential Election.

Here! Here!

Apparently I have some kind of magnetic attraction related to 9-11 year olds, especially girls. I've acquired a fan club among the cast of my show (Stuart Little) which is an outreach show working with the local elementary school system. There's around a dozen or so who are constantly asking me if there is anything they can do to help, and try and find excuses to stick around and help.

They're really cool kids. I'm gonna see about recruiting them for our main theater, because we always need cast & crew who are that psyched. :D

In totally unrelated news, Black-freaking-47 are headlining at the Sonora Celtic faire.

ahem.... let me rephrase that

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

BLACK 47's gonna be at Faire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*appropriate incoherent screaming fanboy noises and running in circles*

Ok...I'm better now.

So I'm over at Comic Vine battlin' supers and I get to

Hercules vs The Champion of the Universe

Now, I broke rank with my clique of comic affectionados and mentioned that when I finally read the Champion vs the Strongest Marvel characters I was not very impressed. I mean the Champion didn't really beat half of them. The Hulk and Thor were disqualified for not boxing and teleported away. The Thing was by far the best of the rest, but the contest seemed lackluster IMO.

Did the Champion fight Hercules? I can't remember. I mean Herc was more a brawler than Thor, and there was boxing of a sort in ancient Greece...I think. So, ol' Herc in his full fledged God of Strength might perhaps could have given the Champion a good fight. Was he one of the opponents in the comic? If so, how was he dispatched? If not...that would be a cool fight to see....

I try really, really hard not to be judgmental. I've retrained myself to think the best of people, even when they make stupid mistakes. And I've learned to overlook what I perceive as flaws to accept people the way they are.

But when I see people caught in a self-destructive pattern that they don't see, refuse to take responsibility for, and it keeps becoming my problem, I find myself biting my tongue to hold back the biting sarcasm.

On a completely different note, I keep getting birthday discounts from companies I regularly frequent. As happy as I am to get presents from complete strangers, do they REALLY have to rub it in?

Oddhat once started a thread when he got Nigerian spam addressed to his fictional game character, Sun Koh.

A fictional character of mine is getting recruiting literature from the National Guard.

Recently, I have learned of a warning letter to sign up for Selective Service that was sent in another fictional name - this time a name that had been made up several years earlier by a pair of boys scamming an ice cream parlor for free treats.

I find myself wondering, what does the Army want with these imaginary men? Trying to form up a whole unit of soldiers of fiction, to go forth and defend us against imaginary enemies?

Lucius Alexander

Sign me up for the palindromedary cavalry

There was an airplane crash in town Saturday night. Not at the airport -- actually in town. The pilot was listed in serious but stable condition initially, but later upgraded it to fair. From the article: "The pilot, Hal Edward McCord, 50, of Clarksburg, Md., was the only person onboard. He has a broken knee and collarbone and has punctures, cuts and bruises all over his body, said his father, Hal McCord, Sr."

The airplane clipped (broke off) a power pole and blacked out much of the west side of Tallahassee and the FSU campus in the crash. Here's the news article and pictures of the scene the first night (Saturday):

Picture Gallery Day 1.

Picture # 8 shows the damage to the power pole.

Picture # 13 shows the street signs behind the airplane -- the corner of Tennessee and Ocala.

Here's the continuation the next day (Sunday):

Picture Gallery Day 2.

The lack of wing struts and the straight (and set back) horizontal stabilizers tell me it's a Cessna Cardinal (RG). The lack of prop curl would indicate at a loss of power prior to the crash, in my opinion.